Weapon of the Day Redux: Day 1 - SCAR

#1SmallerRidleyPosted 3/19/2011 10:05:10 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/KSUkid/2ead1240.jpg

Series Topic: Each day will have a particular gun as a theme, in which we'll discuss how it was in TCon and what we'll see in Conduit 2 (speculations and wants). Post anything you think would add to the topic of the weapon, including but not limited to: videos from TCon or other games, articles about real-life counterparts, anecdotes about playing a match, etc. Seriously, the more you post the better the topic is.

We're back with one month left. The order will be that of the in-game shop, with the secondaries mixed in.

Day 1 - SCAR

I hear it shoots bullets, perhaps a special feature of this gun.

Sega Event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbEYhn85kuo

Ammo: 20/80
Type: Ballistic
Alt-Fire: Scope/Single Fire
Cost: *Unlocked automatically*

The ammo for the SCAR has been greatly reduced from The Conduit, and has been changed from 3-round burst fire to fully automatic to chew up ammo even faster. The alt-fire scope changes the gun into a single-fire rifle, allowing unique applications in close and long range firefights. As with several of the ballistic weapons, the bullets' speed appears lower in the videos.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#2The_ShaderPosted 3/20/2011 2:02:38 AM
This gun is so basic, its insanely boring to talk about.

Honestly though.... i'll have a VERY... VERY hard time not using it. It has the full auto up close, and single fire for long shots. Its everything i could possibly want in a primary weapon.

Maybe the ammo size will keep me from using it for more than 2 loadouts, but other than that, theres like nothing wrong or bad about this weapon.

The SCAR.... its definitely more noob friendly this time around.

Seeing what it can do in Conduit 2... makes me wonder what can the Strike Rifle do better. ((So far, it has a further 'zoom' on its 'scoping' abilities. Thats all i'm positive about.))
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#3BomolochusPosted 3/20/2011 2:59:25 AM

^The Strike Rifle's normal shots now look much more powerful, taking out 1/4 to 1/3 of an opponent's health per shot. And while the SCAR's bullets actually travel through the air now at a slower rate, the Strike Rifle's look almost instanaeous. I think at longer ranges, the Strike Rifle will beat out the SCAR every time. Plus there's always the charge shot, so it looks like the Strike Rifle has more upgrades that pertain to it than the SCAR as well.

But yes, ease of use and versatility are the SCAR's main selling points. I've also heard that the scoped, semi-automatic shots are stronger than the normal automatic ones, though I can't remember the source.

#4ChangliniPosted 3/20/2011 4:45:20 AM
The precision scope option for that gun really compliments the rapid fire capability with it.

Is it confirm that the precision shot does more damage than its full auto mode?
---
NER , Oh how you haunt me.
The server El Nido is called El Nino or El Ninorino in my book
#5dankbeast003Posted 3/20/2011 6:43:00 AM
You guys really think the SCAR is that much of a noob gun? I don't think so. I think the SCAR and the MP5 will be the basic guns,yes, but still good. I can't wait to use them.
---
GoldenEye FC- 288974374486
In Game Name: (ODDJob)
#6Auzzie_WingmanPosted 3/20/2011 9:29:59 AM
As long as the scope mechanic isn't as sucky as it was in the first game. I found myself hip-firing all my weapons in that game.
---
Monster Hunter Tri Acc: Wingman (V8TCTG) Main: Lance Secondary: Switch Axe
Call of Duty - Modern Warfare Reflex Acc: DylanWingAUS (1384-3525-8468)
#7SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2011 12:14:08 PM
The thing about hip firing now is that the human guns have an increased spread like you'd expect. The ADS is going to be almost required for the pistols and MP5.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#8The_ShaderPosted 3/20/2011 3:07:15 PM
Any weapon that can use ADS now has a very wide-spread in hip firing.

Compared with the Strike Rifle, the SCAR is definitely more versatile and reliable. It doesnt have as much Zoom with the scope, but its definitely more reliable at close range then it was before.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#9BomolochusPosted 3/20/2011 3:10:08 PM

I don't think anyone's calling it a noob weapon, per se, but the fact that it's so versatile does mean we'll be seeing an awful lot of it. I can only think of two main drawbacks for the SCAR. First, its low ammo cappacity. And second, while it is a jack of all trades weapon, it's also a master of none. A Strike Rifle or, heaven forbid, a Phase Rifle is going to trump a SCAR at long range, and a Hive Cannon or even the MP5KA4 will probably top it at close range. The low ammo cappacity will probably only really hurt the SCAR in close range firefights such as these though.

#10gr295Posted 3/21/2011 1:16:49 PM

I want mah SCARZ!!!

I seriously think that this will be the one gun I use a LOT. It's versitile, and looks like its fun to use. I can't wait to start "quickscoping" with it. The only drawback about it is the low ammo. The "quickscoping" might remedy this though.