Which One?

#1ff_10_masterPosted 3/22/2011 12:19:51 PM
I'm trying to decide whether to play with the wiimote/chuck or the classic controller.
I hated aiming with the remote, but the classic controller doesn't have lock on...
---
yo im MC Lethal Weapon 1, 2, and 3.
i really liked those movies but the fourth dissapointed me! - MC Lethal Weapon 1, 2, and 3, wtf collective
#2stufa1978Posted 3/22/2011 12:25:14 PM
I suppose if you're good with a controller you don't need to lock on.

I'd say pad.
---
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.
#3BomolochusPosted 3/22/2011 1:19:06 PM

Keep in mind that the lock on is different from before. Now, it just keeps your target on screen, rather than center screen. I highly doubt that you'll need help keeping someone on your screen. Go ahead and use the Classic Controller.

#4tconslayerPosted 3/22/2011 2:59:55 PM

Im going with the ccp because ive played goldeneye so much, im used to those controls.

#5The_ShaderPosted 3/22/2011 3:03:37 PM
After playing so many hours of GoldenEye, i realized one thing...

Wiimote: superior aiming ability, long shots headshots become second nature.

CCP: superior run and gun ability, hip-firing kill streaks up close are easier done.

Whenever i try to hip fire while running around with the Wiimote, my aiming gets all ecstatic and i end up shooting all around me instead of at the one person infront of me.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#6RyokoWinsPosted 3/22/2011 4:41:35 PM
^Same.

I'll be using the Wiimote since my time with the Wii has hurt my dual analog skills.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#7dankbeast003Posted 3/22/2011 8:13:12 PM
Actually on Goldeneye the CCP does lock on. When you go on an online game right at the beginning, go to options on the pause menus and then go to controller layout or options, whatever, and put ads snap on. It might not look any different but it works when people are running.

Back on topic the wiimote is more precise but the CCP is more steady. What I'm going to do is play the campaign twice first with the wiimote and then with the CCP.
---
GoldenEye FC- 288974374486
In Game Name: (ODDJob)
#8psychobrewPosted 3/23/2011 6:19:15 AM

Bomolochus posted...

Keep in mind that the lock on is different from before. Now, it just keeps your target on screen, rather than center screen. I highly doubt that you'll need help keeping someone on your screen. Go ahead and use the Classic Controller.

The lock on feature before just locked the camera on the target sothey stayed in the same place on the screen (i.e. if you pushed lock on when the target was on the bottom left corner of the screen, they stayed on the bottom left corner of the screen). It did not center the target.

Is the new system still like that?

#9psychobrewPosted 3/23/2011 6:20:29 AM
Why did you hate aiming with the Wiimote? I fins it much preferable to dual analog.
#10stufa1978Posted 3/23/2011 7:07:00 AM
Yeah I prefer the Wiimote too. It's much more fun than flicking thumb sticks.
---
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.