Which One?

#21BomolochusPosted 3/24/2011 6:07:16 PM

From what I've seen in the videos, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of aim assist at all.

#22The_ShaderPosted 3/24/2011 6:37:18 PM
Citan22 posted...
The lock on feature before just locked the camera on the target sothey stayed in the same place on the screen (i.e. if you pushed lock on when the target was on the bottom left corner of the screen, they stayed on the bottom left corner of the screen). It did not center the target.

yeah, the above statement is wrong. lock on centered the target and people quickly learned that if you kept your cursor perfectly still in the middle of the screen you could 'no scope' snipe people with the SCAR from across the map. it was too easy.

so the new lock on will just keep target from going off screen.. that sounds good. but has anything been said about any sort of aim-assist where the cursor nudges toward/snaps to/follows a target? for instance, in black ops they felt the need to give CCP users a stronger aim-assist than wiimote.

Thats entirely false. Lock-On in The Conduit had Limited Range. The Pro's however could still easily pick off people across the map with the USP and SCAR.

And all the weapons in The Conduit had very, VERY accurate hip-fire. Since there was no ADS function in the game, shooting by the hip was everyones only means of aiming.

Only 4 weapons in The Conduit had scopes, and they were the SMAW, Strike Rifle, Deatomizer, and the SCAR. The rest had binoculars which were helpful, but thats it.

((The Shrieker however could fire its projectiles, then you could zoom in with the binoculars and still use the red reticule to aim the projectiles as they fly.))
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#23psychobrewPosted 3/24/2011 6:45:58 PM

Citan22 posted...
The lock on feature before just locked the camera on the target sothey stayed in the same place on the screen (i.e. if you pushed lock on when the target was on the bottom left corner of the screen, they stayed on the bottom left corner of the screen). It did not center the target.

yeah, the above statement is wrong. lock on centered the target and people quickly learned that if you kept your cursor perfectly still in the middle of the screen you could 'no scope' snipe people with the SCAR from across the map. it was too easy.

so the new lock on will just keep target from going off screen.. that sounds good. but has anything been said about any sort of aim-assist where the cursor nudges toward/snaps to/follows a target? for instance, in black ops they felt the need to give CCP users a stronger aim-assist than wiimote.

That's strange. I know I've locked on to people in the corners before and the screen did not center. Maybe there's another setting. Either way, it's cheap.

#24Mac-LeoidPosted 3/25/2011 6:34:44 AM
Wiimotion plus. Unless it doesnt work as well as wiimote.
#25ff_10_master(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2011 9:56:36 AM
well, lock on is useful against the little rolling drudge (suicide ones).
but thats about it.
---
yo im MC Lethal Weapon 1, 2, and 3.
i really liked those movies but the fourth dissapointed me! - MC Lethal Weapon 1, 2, and 3, wtf collective