Weapon of the Day Redux: Day 4 - Strike Rifle

#1SmallerRidleyPosted 3/23/2011 11:01:59 AM
Day 1 - SCAR: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/58512100
Day 2 - USP45: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/58527043
Day 3 - MP5KA4: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/58535682

Day 4 - Strike Rifle

Standard Drudge firearm. Single shot per trigger, a charge shot, and a short zoom.

IGN Gamelay Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ifLee9C-Q

Ammo: 10/70
Type: Energy
Alt-Fire: Scope, Charge Shot
Cost: 3500 cr

The new SR has considerably lower ammo than before, and the charge takes 5 of that. On the bright side, all shots are now "instantaneous" and seem to have gained a little power. And the zoom looks even better, with the squiggly little veins moving around.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#2BomolochusPosted 3/23/2011 12:10:54 PM

I've already gushed over the Strike Rifle before in the SCAR topic, but there's lots more to love about this weapon. If we can use upgrades to up the damage of the charge shot to a one hit KO no matter where on the target we hit, then this thing will make an excellent alternative to the Phase Rifle.

#3The_ShaderPosted 3/23/2011 2:58:23 PM
Its interesting to think about its Charge Shot abilities when you put it together with the Damage and Defence multipliers the Upgrades provide.

Without any Armor perks, will it still one hit kill to the head and take half of someones life away to the body?

It was a 3 normal shot to the head to kill someone just like the SCAR in the first game.... Could it be the same now seeing as how it still remains a single fire weapon regardless how its used?

Theres nothing new about this gun, but we have no idea what the damage it could do...

All i know is that the Capacitor Upgrade would beast this weapon up ALOT.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#4SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2011 3:23:49 PM
You'd better have Quickness with it, because you'll be reloading a lot.
---
#5gr295Posted 3/23/2011 4:35:52 PM

To sum it up in one word: meh.

To sum it up: Seems like a meddle ground between the SCAR and Phase Rifle. In the first game, it had a semi-auto assult rifle feel to it. Now, it looks like a DMR/Light sniper. It seems like it will outclass the SCAR at range, but the Phase Rifle will still put holes in it. The reload seems pretty bad, but if it can kill in 4 shots, it might not be too bad. I'll use it if I feel like dying. It's just not my playstyle. Either full auto, wicked fast semi-auto, or OHKO. I don't like the middle ground of "not OHKO, but fire rate of a small sniper." From the videos, it goes pew...pew...pew. ...=Half second. NO ME GUSTA!

#6ZBug_Posted 3/23/2011 4:39:53 PM
Shouldn't the ammo type be "Bio-organic" or something like that? Isn't that want prometheus called it when Mr Ford incorrectly called it a "Plasma Rifle"
---
Check my quote to learn how Link holds so many items
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
#7gr295Posted 3/23/2011 4:42:34 PM

^That too. That was in one of the jokes from the first..Prometheus: "Actually, it fires a bio-mass that's several times as deadly as a plasma core." Ford: "You do realize you're not helping."

#8SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2011 4:55:54 PM
The "type" means the damage category for armor upgrades, and I'm not sure we can ascertain the real rof from the videos so far.
---
#9The_ShaderPosted 3/23/2011 5:19:20 PM
gr295 posted...
To sum it up in one word: meh.To sum it up: Seems like a meddle ground between the SCAR and Phase Rifle. In the first game, it had a semi-auto assult rifle feel to it. Now, it looks like a DMR/Light sniper. It seems like it will outclass the SCAR at range, but the Phase Rifle will still put holes in it. The reload seems pretty bad, but if it can kill in 4 shots, it might not be too bad. I'll use it if I feel like dying. It's just not my playstyle. Either full auto, wicked fast semi-auto, or OHKO. I don't like the middle ground of "not OHKO, but fire rate of a small sniper." From the videos, it goes pew...pew...pew. ...=Half second. NO ME GUSTA!

... Thats because it is Semi-auto. And it killed in 3 headshots in the first game, and it fired pretty damn fast depending on your trigger finger. What the 'pro' people did with it would charge it and get in a body shot then do one of two things. Either finish the enemy off with just a few body rounds of normal un-charged shots, or charge up one more time and get in another charged body shot for the kill.

It can one hit-kill because of that charge function, and seeing as how it has more zoom and better sniping capabilities than the SCAR, the Striker a better Medium-Long range assault rifle.

And the Phase Rifle cant outsnipe something that fires shots so quickly. The Phaser can shoot through walls, thats it advantage, people need to focus on that. If they dont, they'll be wide out in the open, and ****ed if they miss.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#10dankbeast003Posted 3/23/2011 7:03:27 PM
Looks very good. Probably going to use it for primary or a good secondary. Going to have to use the scope though, but its all good.
---
GoldenEye FC- 288974374486
In Game Name: (ODDJob)