So if a weapon is over powered can HVS patch it to make it less powerful??

#1ZBug_Posted 3/24/2011 9:36:16 AM
Like for example: the USP was obviously over powered in the first game, but it looks like they fixed that in this one. But what if a different weapon is too powerful? Can they patch the game to make the weapon do less damage?
And what if a weapon is underpowered, can they patch it to make it more effective? (like a patch to adjust accuracy, damage, range, etc)
---
Check my quote to learn how Link holds so many items
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
#2xXDa-KidXxPosted 3/24/2011 10:33:56 AM

Probably so, and their probably expexting to do that.

#3LilroscoPosted 3/24/2011 10:58:16 AM
I am pretty sure they can. Though I think I can recall HVS mentioning weapon re-balancing in one of their interviews but don't hold me to it.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#4Simok123Posted 3/24/2011 1:46:29 PM
they stated in a fact sheet that the patches will fix glitches and tweak weapons if needed
---
CONDUIT MASTA!, GOLDENEYE SLAYA!, AND BLACK OPS PLAYA!
#5Korby9000Posted 3/24/2011 4:23:22 PM
lol, we'll get to experience Patch Day.
---
TCon Name: Korby 0045-0574-9949
#6SmallerRidleyPosted 3/24/2011 4:43:59 PM
I have a feeling there won't be balancing tweaks unless one or two are really OP or useless.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#7mode333Posted 3/24/2011 8:44:20 PM
If HVS thinks the weapon is truly over-powered, then yes it would be pretty easy for them to patch the damage or rate of fire or whatever....but if it's only a bit over-powered, they'll most likely leave it alone.
---
Ps3/Wii owner; PSN: mode334
Football teams in quote
#8RyokoWinsPosted 3/24/2011 9:12:50 PM(edited)
I don't think the patches will be used for more than fixing glitches and exploits. HVS isn't a very big company that can allocate a lot of time and money to these kinds of things.

/pessimism

But I'm glad that we got even that.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#9SmallerRidleyPosted 3/25/2011 8:28:05 AM
I wouldn't say they will never do it, but it's not going to be often or soon.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#10Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 3/25/2011 10:01:40 AM
I'd say that they probably can, but the question is whether they would or not. Armor Lock and the Needler are pretty overpowered, for example, but you don't see them getting scaled down.