If this Game turns out to be a failure...

#1mode333Posted 3/26/2011 9:33:05 AM
Are you done with HVS or will you still buy their games to support them?
this question is out of curiosity, not trolling or hating.

i have already pre-ordered this game and it looks wonderful, i'm just curious as to what you all will do if this game flops.

if this game flops, i personally am done with HVS, but that's just me.
---
Ps3/Wii owner; PSN: mode334
Football teams in quote
#2SupahShnipaPosted 3/26/2011 9:40:03 AM
if this game flops, i personally am done with HVS, but that's just me.
I'm with you here. TCon was their first attempt at a Serious Wii FPS so I am willing to give them a second chance.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#3ddd87Posted 3/26/2011 9:46:57 AM
I wouldn't expect many nines or any ten from reviewers (and also keeping in mind some are way too biased), but I would expect better reception this time.

But if I get the game (and Im pretty sure I will) and it is a bunch of crap with unfixable problems and other stuff... Yeah, bye bye HVS.

But Im expecting a good game this time.
#4RyokoWinsPosted 3/26/2011 9:59:23 AM
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#5The_ShaderPosted 3/26/2011 10:21:39 AM
i cant see this game failing at all.

i'll only drop HVS as a respectable developer if they create a game in every genre type out there, and fail in every one. That goes for all developers.

Madworld is still the best Wii game out there. None can compare.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#6RyokoWinsPosted 3/26/2011 10:23:05 AM
^Was MadWorld made by HVS?
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/26/2011 10:25:30 AM
I don't care about reception, or flop-age...

If I play the game, and I'm still playing when HVS releases something new and better, Then Yes I'll probably buy it.
#8The_ShaderPosted 3/26/2011 10:55:22 AM
RyokoWins posted...
^Was MadWorld made by HVS?

Nope. And there probably will never be a sequel either. Maybe a spiritual sequel, but nothing more.

i just said that because of how a game could be a 'failure'. By not selling, by not appealing to the fans, or by not being a game worth playing at all.

Madworld is perfect, comedy and gore in perfect harmony. For some reason, it didnt sell, which it deserved to. Madworld is one of the reasons why i still own my Wii.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#9mode333(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2011 11:11:24 AM
MadWorld was not a failure...even though the sales weren't great, the game's elements were...i loved the whole comic book art style and how the only real color was blood, which was everywhere...and the many ways you could kill people.

The Conduit, in my mind was a failure....Not only was the multiplayer just ruined by glitches and hacks, the grapics were pretty bad...yes they had some nice character features, but the environment was so bland...and the shadows....for the multiplayer they were nothing but circles...

The story was fine in my opinion, because there was a "hiding" story beneath it, which will probably be revealed in Conduit 2.

I'm wiling to give HVS another chance, but they seem to be the only company who really cares for the wii, besides nintendo themselves. But if any MAJOR problems arrise, HVS better be able to fix them, or this game will turn out to be a failure, because if the multiplayer is ruined again, people will sell this game or just plain get rid of it....

I rambled on a bit, but what i was mainly saying is that The Conduit was a failure (in my mind) and i'm really hoping Conduit 2 will be one of those few sequels that are better than the original.
---
Ps3/Wii owner; PSN: mode334
Football teams in quote
#10Number_34Posted 3/26/2011 11:19:26 AM
I'll still buy HV games as long as they are good, even if this game flops. I don't look at what company designed a game when I buy it, I mostly look at review scores.