If this Game turns out to be a failure...

#11Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 3/26/2011 12:40:46 PM
If I like what they're selling, I'll buy it. Simple as that.
#12Simok123Posted 3/26/2011 2:10:35 PM
I cant really see this game failing at this point. I still love the first conduit, I still play it today! I love it when I can play a normal match with no cheating or anything, thats when the game kicks ass, and since thats pretty much what the second game will be, I have a good feeling Ill love this game as well. Its just a much bigger version of the first game.

But if there was something that could just ruin the game, Id probably give HV another chance. I actually wasnt let down from the conduit because I didnt get it until October 2009, and I didnt really follow it much or hype it. I just saw it and said "hey cool, I wanna get that"
---
CONDUIT MASTA!, GOLDENEYE SLAYA!, AND BLACK OPS PLAYA!
Don't make me ROFL your sawks off!
#13The_ShaderPosted 3/26/2011 3:07:26 PM
mode333 posted...
MadWorld was not a failure... even though the sales weren't great, the game's elements were...i loved the whole comic book art style and how the only real color was blood, which was everywhere...and the many ways you could kill people.

Thats an under exaggeration. Sales were ****, and the games elements were godly. It still failed.

Madworld got overall great reviews but nobody bought it. Not enough sales to warrant the developers a sequel. That is a failure.

But your definition of 'failure' when it comes to games is whether or not you like it. Thats not how it works dude. The Conduit excelled in things it shouldnt have, the graphics did things nobody thought possible on the Wii.

The game itself was pretty average, the **** that happened online can be blamed on Nintendo for their regulations ((No patches)), and HVS accomplished what they set out to do. And that was the Quantam 3 engine.

With satisfying sales, and a promising development team, they got the ok for a sequel. The Conduit is a success. ((Not because you liked it or didnt -_-))
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#14mode333(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2011 4:16:24 PM
Shader, i know the sales were ****...lol..i was trying to be a bit sensitive about it.
Not to be rude or anything, but i don't think i said "this game failed because i did't like it" because that's not true, i loved the conduit...until the glitches/hacks got to the point where pubs was unplayable.

now maybe i shouldn't call "the conduit" a failure, because it did have pretty good sales for a new IP and all.
However i wouldn't call it success, a success would be like CoD with how many sales that gets...even on the wii. I apologize if i sounded stupid earlier, i had just woken up and thought i'd make a topic that i have been curious about for some time, since the big day is coming very soon (:D).

Shader, please don't think of me as some random idiot please, i want to be around this time as much as a vet as i was for CoD, i want to be for the whole conduit series, and i don't want to be hated by real vets for The Conduit :(.

Now, imma go watch my UofA wildcats play the Uconn huskies, peace.
---
Ps3/Wii owner; PSN: mode334
Football teams in quote
#15The_ShaderPosted 3/26/2011 4:24:22 PM
CoD gets its success because of how well known it is. Thanks to Modern Warfare, every proceeding CoD game on the 360 has been known for a popular choice in a multiplayer game.

Its a franchise, that sells because of its name. Like Final Fantasy, despite its recent games being absolute ****.
---
#16gr295Posted 3/26/2011 5:01:27 PM

^Precisely. Take that, new guy. lol. He hasn't posted recently. Hopefully, he'll go away. Yeah, evey CoD since WaW is a 60 dollar map and gun reskin pack.

#17mode333(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2011 5:15:59 PM
Me a new guy? No.
Some who lurks more than posts: Yes.

I've been around since the hyping of the first conduit began, since it was first announced, but i've been more of a lurker than a poster lately.

Also, what have i done to tell me to go away? i'm not a troll...I pre-ordered this game as soon as i could, when the pre-ordering was available at gamestop, and i was just asking a curious question.

Again, IM NOT A TROLL.
---
Football teams in quote
#18The_ShaderPosted 3/26/2011 5:27:22 PM
gr295 posted...
^Precisely. Take that, new guy. lol. He hasn't posted recently. Hopefully, he'll go away. Yeah, evey CoD since WaW is a 60 dollar map and gun reskin pack.

You trolled on a few topics, so speak for yourself.

WaW was only worth it for the assorted Zombie Maps.

When i was playing Modern Warfare and the talk of a new 'CoD' game was coming out, everyone online was pointing out "Its not the same guys who made Modern Warfare, its an entirely different game." Good thing i listened. Most of my friends bought WaW anyway, but ONLY for Zombies. Whenever the wanted to play the multiplayer, they switched to Modern Warfare.

They almost convinced me to buy WaW for the zombies, but by the time i was actually really interested, Black Ops was announced.

Modern Warfare is the epitome of CoD's gameplay perfection, and the only game thats worth anyones time. The rest of Treyarch's and Infinity Ward's games are complete ****.

Maybe if Treyarch made a CoD game entirely around Zombies with 20-30 zombie maps.... then i'd say different.
---
#19mode333(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2011 5:38:33 PM
Shader, Definitely agreed with you, every new CoD is the same as the last one except for a new slab of paint and a few new features here and there.

Meanwhile, Conduit 2 is gonna have some of the best features i've seen....and The invasion mode is offline only...how many modern day games have a offline only feature not counting campaign/story mode? Very few.
---
Football teams in quote
#20gr295Posted 3/26/2011 5:42:12 PM

mode333 posted...
Me a new guy? No.
Some who lurks more than posts: Yes.

I've been around since the hyping of the first conduit began, since it was first announced, but i've been more of a lurker than a poster lately.

Also, what have i done to tell me to go away? i'm not a troll...I pre-ordered this game as soon as i could, when the pre-ordering was available at gamestop, and i was just asking a curious question.

Again, IM NOT A TROLL.

Oh, I'm sorry. I was reffering to that namV guy, not you. I am sorry if it confused you. lol (100% legit) Sorry