Best graphics on the Wii?

#1Phasmatis92Posted 3/26/2011 7:02:31 PM
Would you award Conduit 2 this title, or do you feel a different game deserves the honour?
#2The_ShaderPosted 3/26/2011 7:12:15 PM
Graphics? yep

Art Style? nope

Best Art Style belongs to either Muramasa, Madworld, Red Steel 2, or No More Heroes 2.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#3Phasmatis92(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2011 9:20:17 PM
Personally, I'd pick Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Metroid Prime 3 for art, but hey, to each their own.
#4RyokoWinsPosted 3/26/2011 9:27:25 PM
Nah, I think Metroid Prime 3 gets that award, but it's not really a fair comparison considering MP3 is offline and single-player. To me, when it comes to graphics, it only matters that it beats out the only other popular online shooter franchise, CoD.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#5The_ShaderPosted 3/26/2011 9:44:47 PM
^ Online Multiplayers are in no way of great importance. Single-player is the way games were meant to be played, and even then CoD fails at both misserably in terms of graphics. There is other games out there in the world besides CoD....

Since CoD is a port from a console that can boast better graphics, it doesnt count. Nor does any other port. A game of the year is so because all round aspects about it are great. Not just the online.

If someone were to determine which game on the Wii has the best of something, pick something thats exclusive to it. That way, your picking a game that a developer worked on solely for the Wii. No time wasted making it multi-platform or anything.

CoD sucks on the Wii, and theres plenty of better looking shooters on the 360.
---
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/26/2011 10:46:26 PM
Metroid Prime 3 is good, but not that good.
It did nothing we hadn't already seen.

Galaxy is really the only game that comes to mind that gives us something we have not seen before.

And people who bring Red Steel 2 into conversations of Graphics ( Not artstyle ), Well, I'm not sure how to approach that.
Red steel 2 had nothing impressive technologically.
#7The_ShaderPosted 3/26/2011 11:19:45 PM
Nobody brought up Red Steel 2 in terms of Graphics. At all. I was the only one who mentioned Red Steel 2 at all, so by 'people', you could have only meant me.

Red Steel 2 is a contender for Best Art Style.

Art Style and Graphics are two entirely different things.
---
#8RyokoWinsPosted 3/27/2011 12:02:34 AM
The_Shader posted...
^ Online Multiplayers are in no way of great importance. Single-player is the way games were meant to be played

Maybe for you. There are games that are entirely designed around multiplayer, with single player either nonexistent or thrown in as an afterthought. Take Brink or Team Fortress 2, for example.

And if you mean whether or not a game's ability to play online affects its graphics, I was under the impression that it does (at least on the Wii)...but I guess I'm not entirely sure about that.

and even then CoD fails at both misserably in terms of graphics.

I know. The CoD engine is terrible for the Wii. I was just saying that TCon beats it; I didn't say it was difficult to do so.

There is other games out there in the world besides CoD....

I know but there aren't many other online shooters on the Wii that are worth anything. I've heard Greg Hastings (or something like that) Paintball is good, but I've never even seen it in any stores, so I can't imagine it selling well or havivng a big community for long. So, when I think about an online FPS, even for the Wii, I compare it to CoD.

I'm aware that the CoD on Wii sucks compared to the PS360 versions (except for the controls but that's debatable), but since I don't have Xbox Live yet, the Wii version is my only option if I want to play online...and I do.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#9super600Posted 3/27/2011 1:33:30 AM

This game doesn't look as good from what I seen so far as the SMG games and sonic colors.

#10MrMenConduitPosted 3/27/2011 1:58:58 AM

The_Shader posted...
^ Online Multiplayers are in no way of great importance. Single-player is the way games were meant to be played, and even then CoD fails at both misserably in terms of graphics. There is other games out there in the world besides CoD....

Since CoD is a port from a console that can boast better graphics, it doesnt count. Nor does any other port. A game of the year is so because all round aspects about it are great. Not just the online.

If someone were to determine which game on the Wii has the best of something, pick something thats exclusive to it. That way, your picking a game that a developer worked on solely for the Wii. No time wasted making it multi-platform or anything.

---

I ONLY care about multiplayer.... Played goldeneye campaign - but thats the only one I have played of the massive list of FPS i own. I just don't enjoy the feeling of playing against the computer.... Probably because in the back of my mind I know it's not human, and thus to me feels like less of a challenge. I only played goldeneye campaign because I loved the 64 version where online never existed. This is just my view anyway.... If i took the time to actually start playing the campaigns, I maybe would enjoy them, but I can't mentally bring myself to do it.... So I believe multiplayer is more important... especially for increasing the longevity of a game