Best graphics on the Wii?

#11Phasmatis92(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2011 3:47:12 AM
I'm a single player guy. I doubt I"ll ever touch Conduit 2's online, just like I don't touch Goldeneye's or Mario Kart's.

"Art Style and Graphics are two entirely different things"

I disagree; "graphics" is a blanket term for visuals that encompasses a mix of Art and Tech.

"I know but there aren't many other online shooters on the Wii that are worth anything. I've heard Greg Hastings (or something like that) Paintball is good, but I've never even seen it in any stores, so I can't imagine it selling well or havivng a big community for long. So, when I think about an online FPS, even for the Wii, I compare it to CoD."

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2.
#12gr295Posted 3/27/2011 5:45:17 AM

It'll have a hard time competing with some of Nintendo's releases (SMG 2) but, for shooters only, then yes.

#13brainfreeze10Posted 3/27/2011 9:45:37 AM
I would never give this game best graphics on Wii.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
FC- Goldeneye: 4484-5080-7080
#14CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/27/2011 10:26:41 AM
"Nobody brought up Red Steel 2 in terms of Graphics. At all."

I know, but people tend to. I was just setting the pace;
#1514monkeyPosted 3/27/2011 1:02:10 PM
Phasmatis92 posted...
Would you award Conduit 2 this title, or do you feel a different game deserves the honour?

best graphics on the wii is resident evil darkside chronicles
#16TottentanzPosted 3/27/2011 1:44:49 PM
Okami for art style

Monster Hunter Tri for graphics/detail
#17The_ShaderPosted 3/27/2011 4:18:21 PM
@MrMenConduit

.... GoldenEye 64 pioneered Console Multiplayer. If you never played the multiplayer on that game with your friends... you never played a good multiplayer before.

GoldenEye is the epitome of the multiplayer experience, theres improvements to it today but, thats where it all started.

Graphics doesnt not equal Art Style

Graphics = realistic visuals. Like water effects, mirrors, lighting, bump mapping.

Art Style = Visual appearance. The way things look, how they look, color, atmosphere, and how objects in the environment are portrayed.

Example:
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best looking games on the Wii. Monsters have great detail to their scales, horns and movement. As does the detail to the environment and effects of blood and body movement in everything in the game. ((You can see the flabs of monsters throats move as they roar, or use breathe attacks.))

Madworld is like watching a moving comic book. Everything is in black and white, where as blood is GREATLY emphasized by making it the only color available on screen. The environment is incredibly diverse and very gladiator like. It has the very similar atmosphere of say Sin City.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#18AveryminyaPosted 3/27/2011 7:04:30 PM
But isn't it obvious! It's totally Quantum of Solace that wins all the awards :P
---
MHT: QX8EQR 007GE 125317516147 Username Wolf. If you add me let me know :)
Maybe the G. Jaggi saw a Jaggia. _Green_Knight_
#1914monkeyPosted 3/27/2011 8:53:32 PM

[QUOTE="Tottentanz"]Okami for art style

Monster Hunter Tri for graphics/detail[/QUOTEmonster hunter tri was good but i still think dark side had better graphics

#20Phasmatis92(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2011 9:08:09 PM
"Graphics doesnt not equal Art Style

Graphics = realistic visuals. Like water effects, mirrors, lighting, bump mapping.

Art Style = Visual appearance. The way things look, how they look, color, atmosphere, and how objects in the environment are portrayed."

Graphics doesbn't imply realism, it just means "visuals." Lighting/bump-mapping is TECH, which combines with Art to form "graphics."