Re-working FAQ, suggestion topic

#1LigersRulePosted 3/27/2011 8:06:53 AM
Hey. I want to re-write the FAQ I made a week or two ago. That was honestly my first time working on something like that, and as you know, I took tons of questions from the Sticky. I figured instead of just working on it myself, and missing several points I missed in the first topic. I created a new topic cause I figure some people might not even look at the FAQ when it has new posts.

So, in your opinion, what do I need to fix/add?

FAQ Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/58449770

I'll read over the messages in the FAQ too when I do get to it. I figure for a first attempt, it wasn't bad, but there is definitely room for improvement.
---
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin
#2The_ShaderPosted 3/27/2011 3:05:14 PM
Bold and itilize things.

add -------- when pointing out a specific title of a group of important things --------

Go to the Conduit Wiki and take all the information under the Conduit 2 section and place it into your FAQ, then take the most asked questions that have been coming up lately, and post them RIGHT AT THE TOP.

Frequently asked questions & their answers

Then move on into detailed information regarding Conduit 2.

Seeing as how theres a **** load of information out now about it, you should just copy and paste, and make a few posts before allowing people to comment in the FAQ.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#3SmallerRidleyPosted 3/27/2011 3:15:05 PM
It's a FAQ, not an encyclopedia.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#4ddd87Posted 3/27/2011 4:15:08 PM
Keep it short and simple to read. Dont bother with rare questions like some of those included in the sticky and the original faq.

Newcomers will ask about the usual stuffs, like DLC, game modes, peripherals used, etc.
#5The_ShaderPosted 3/27/2011 6:12:15 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
It's a FAQ, not an encyclopedia.

either make an encyclopedia, or tell every damn topic that shows up from new users to "go to this wiki"
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#6UltimateFlame13Posted 3/28/2011 4:16:21 PM
Good to log in for the first time in months and see you doing this Liger :). I'll gladly lend my assistance if you need any help making something like this. I feel bad I haven't had time to update my topic. I'm guessing my ancient relic of a topic is so out of date by now.

Oh, and how's everyone doing? :D
---
PSN: LawnGnome93, Let me know if you add me.
"Sometimes assassinating a dude can be your biggest tell." - Ryan Davis
#7LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2011 4:40:06 PM
It's cool, Flame. I wasn't sure what to do, as people were reading things in the Sticky and ending up even more confused.... Honestly, I think you are much better at this than I am. I only did it as kind of a temporary thing, assuming eventually someone would do something better.

I'm doing awesome. Couldn't ask for too much better.
---
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin
#8RyokoWinsPosted 3/28/2011 5:03:19 PM
Oh look, it's Flame. I thought you'd been eaten.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.