The Nintendo Power review is in, and Conduit 2 scores...

#101The_ShaderPosted 3/29/2011 4:12:53 PM
brainfreeze10 posted...
Cod may be the highest selling game, but since Wii is the highest selling system I think it's fair to assume a large number of people aren't obsessed with graphics and will play non-realistic games. I'm annoyed by COD as much as the next guy but you guys are really exaggerating here. Just because a game you want isn't beloved by all doesn't mean you have to get angry at the world.

Noone here is getting pissed off.

Most of us here are just dissapointed that a reviewer is marking down games JUST because of what other games are out there on the system.

i dont buy games that have less than 20 hours of playtime. The campaign can probably get done in less than 5, however the multiplayer probably has a few hundred hours worth of valuable play time.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#102brainfreeze10Posted 3/29/2011 4:16:58 PM
A few people have, I didn't say you were. And Cod and Goldeneye are the same way, short campaigns and long multiplayer. Some people. like this guy, like those games better. I'm disappointed that people are somehow discouraged by this or some even look at it as some kind of heresy. I'm just adding perspective here.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
FC- Goldeneye: 4484-5080-7080
#103The_ShaderPosted 3/29/2011 5:13:22 PM
brainfreeze10 posted...
A few people have, I didn't say you were.

And i didnt say that you did.

And Cod and Goldeneye are the same way, short campaigns and long multiplayer. Some people. like this guy, like those games better.

Thats fine, nobodies judging anyone. i love GoldenEyes campaign, and i still play CoD, but only on the 360.

I'm disappointed that people are somehow discouraged by this or some even look at it as some kind of heresy. I'm just adding perspective here.

Well your perspective is off, everyone here understands the popularity CoD has.

Go re-read my last post. i didnt single anyone out, and i called bull **** on something that a reviewer shouldnt do. Didnt talk about people liking CoD or anything.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#104SmallerRidleyPosted 3/29/2011 5:24:52 PM

Go re-read my last post. i didnt single anyone out, and i called bull **** on something that a reviewer shouldnt do. Didnt talk about people liking CoD or anything.

He didn't say you were.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#105SonicRecordsPosted 3/29/2011 5:26:00 PM
The Leviathan battle looks pretty awesome actually. You can see it on youtube if you haven't (which I doubt).
---
Twilight Princess Uber Challenge Progress: Snowpeak Map Glitch Trek
Video Walkthrough: Ordon Sword and Shield Skip - Typed Walkthrough: Lanayru Vessel of Light
#106SupahShnipaPosted 3/29/2011 5:49:24 PM
well, maybe we just have to face the fact that the campaign just isnt as good as we hoped it would be.
I expected a bad campaign from the trailers. I just want good MP.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#107brainfreeze10Posted 3/29/2011 6:38:19 PM
Actually you keep saying "no one" and "most of us." I'm not referring to what your saying just to what I've heard several others say. I haven't really disagreed with you at all except when you assume everyones saying the same thing. I'm not arguing you haha...I'm not sure how to say it.

But ya, some people have said those things.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
FC- Goldeneye: 4484-5080-7080
#108BrudachrisPosted 3/29/2011 9:49:17 PM

I don't necessarily care about the score. 7.5 isn't bad. The review did mention however, that the controls were rock solid just like the first game. That's all i really care about. I expect to get a few good laughs out of the campaign, and that'll just be icing on the cake. Maybe the reviewer didn't dig the cheesy storyline, and i'm sure other people are going to feel the same. However, I love cheesy movies so i think i'm going to like the story. Like most of you, I'll be spending more of my time playing the multiplayer, so this isn't really an issue for me.

#109Icuras08Posted 3/29/2011 10:01:14 PM
Also, I'm going to return to the Leviathan boss fight with a Carbonizer to battle him laser vs laser!
That is, if the carbonizer can hurt him...
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie
#110DivinityStripesPosted 3/29/2011 10:20:31 PM
O_O!
I didn't think people took reviews so seriously!

I'm pretty sure every single person on Earth has a different opinion on everything, so having two different people review different games will conclude with different results, yes?

Kind of like a science experiment with the control and the variable. If there is no control, you would be pretty bewildered by the results. Like some of us are here :).

You have to remember you have your own opinion, I really don't care what other people think. I may love a game some other person hates, or vice versa. So, in my opinion, reviews are useless.
---
Why? Because.