The Nintendo Power review is in, and Conduit 2 scores...

#31hazmatkr3wPosted 3/28/2011 5:21:26 PM
ddd87 posted...
hazmatkr3w posted...
steel driver got a higher score. ouch

Isnt that a first party title? I wouldnt be surprised about its score if it was.

Worst is that Top Spin 4 has a 7.....

Wow. Its too bad, the only reason TC got a 8 was because at the time there wasnt any good FPs on wii. But now that Goldeneye and black ops are out i guess the bar has been raised or something like that
---
http://totalelitepwnage4sale.webs.com/ Join my super duper clan
#32ddd87Posted 3/28/2011 5:22:38 PM
The reviewer says is not as good as GE actually
#33SupahShnipaPosted 3/28/2011 5:22:52 PM
Reviews were never a good option to take into a games value before buying it. The Single Player is apparently what is driving this game down. Which is NOT what i was gonna buy this game for.

i'm a HUGE fan of the Armored Core series. From Armored Cored 2 up to its current game Armored Core: For Answer...

It is one of the funnest, most awesome game series i continuesly buy on a day one purchase...

and every game reviewer marks the games lower than average. always.

Side Note:
Most games like in this review are done by one person. The day i take a review seriously before buying is when the reviews are done by 20 people. 10 fans, 10 not, and the review is a summed up version of what they all say.

Unfortunately, the general public and the bulk of gamers today do not share this view. They think an opinion from someone who is only reviewing the game because they are paid to is what they should base their purchase on.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#34hazmatkr3wPosted 3/28/2011 5:27:44 PM
ddd87 posted...

Aww, that sucks, cuz on paper Conduit 2 should be better than GE.
---
http://totalelitepwnage4sale.webs.com/ Join my super duper clan
#35SupahShnipaPosted 3/28/2011 5:29:31 PM
Any scans yet?
---
#36The_ShaderPosted 3/28/2011 5:49:12 PM
ddd87 posted...

Starting to see a pattern here...

Single Player:
GoldenEye has the best single player FPS on the Wii so far.... And Nintendo Power says 'not as good as Goldeneye'.

.... If what you say is true, then Nintendo Power is practically reviewing the single player, and not taking into account the multiplayer.

There is too many good things to make Conduit 2 better.... too many..... for the first game to be better. Something isnt right here....

i want to know who reviewed Conduit, and who reviewed Conduit 2, and see if its the same person.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#37Turndawg107Posted 3/28/2011 5:50:02 PM
hazmatkr3w posted...
Aww, that sucks, cuz on paper Conduit 2 should be better than GE.

It now only should be better on paper, but it IS far superior on paper. First we have a campaign mode that does not involve going in a straight line and shooting up mobs of cheap mooks without any skill, only to continue until you reach a QTE-infested cutscene, etc. The fact that C2 apparently has nonlinear level progression should be a hint anyway. There also are the bosses, which as we know, are more frequent than the Leviathan shown. What else? How about actually having a weapon roster that isn't just every single goddamn real-life gun around? Don't forget all the graffiti, conspiracy objects, weapon blueprints, and level coordinates hidden throughout the game and discoverable with the ASE, offering far more replay value than GEWii could ever dream of creating.

How about multiplayer? GEWii has a fairly robust system, except it plays identical to CoD without the extra goodness that people play CoD for. To contrast, C2 plays completely differently, which in this day and age is an extremely welcome relief when all we have is the whole "running around with no life where melee strikes are one-hit kills always" and junk like that. Also there's the level design. GEWii had, what, about 3, maybe 4 maps that people actually liked? Even those maps were extremely mediocre and encouraged tired old playstyles from the usual CoD crowd. Also we have the modes. GE has a number of interesting game modes, but most of the time it's impossible to play anything that isn't TDM, whereas C2 has a far wider variety of modes, ranging from the traditional to outright wacky. Lastly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, we have the local multi. This is where C2 can truly shine above not only GE, but EVERY OTHER FPS PUT ON WII SINCE LAUNCH. For the first time on the Wii, we actually have a FPS where the splitscreen mode provides just as many features, options, and game modes as the online play, IF NOT MORE. Players can tweak dozens and dozens of settings and options to set the game up the way they want. What does GE have? generic preset loadouts, a number of fun options merely labeled "cheats", and even more butchered versions of the online maps. Also, don't forget SPLITSCREEN Invasion, something no other Wii FPS can say they have.

I may be biased towards C2, but I appreciated the weapon design and conspiracy theories of the original. I usually buy games off of the feelings I get from observations, and from what I've seen of C2, it looks like it will have the one aspect that all games should have: FUN. Obviously I disagree with the reviewer, and, to be quite honest, I almost feel like he didn't even play the game with the score he gave. Maybe I'll understand more if I read the whole thing, but from what I've heard about it, I doubt that.
#38Turndawg107Posted 3/28/2011 5:53:33 PM
Gah, NOT only should be better on paper
#39SupahShnipaPosted 3/28/2011 5:55:24 PM
I'll review it once I play the game myself. Though my hopes have been somewhat lowered by this.
---
#40Icuras08Posted 3/28/2011 6:03:33 PM(edited)
Yeah, your right Turndawg.

"Campaign is not as good as it should be" Is way to vague.
Was it bad level design, or bad story telling? First off, what "should it have been" anyway?
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie