The Nintendo Power review is in, and Conduit 2 scores...

#41ddd87Posted 3/28/2011 6:02:09 PM
About the old score versus the new one...

Keep in mind that scores are unique to their game. It basically means how well done is the game, and it does not necessary mean is a little worse than The Conduit.

But it is very clear that the review reads just like any other preview out there, and honestly, I really dont think it could review the online since the game its not even gold yet! The online, and the whole multiplayer, should be reviewed on the finnished product outside of a controlled environment like those sega events. HVS should not have let the magazine have the review so early.
#42BomolochusPosted 3/28/2011 6:03:54 PM

Nintendo Power's scores aren't meant as a definitive ranking system, but as a general guide to their level of recomendation. As such, it takes the context of the system and similar games into account. When The Conduit came out, it was just about the only real shooter on the Wii, and scored well because of it. Likewise, Steel Driver is able to have a better score than Conduit 2 not because it's a superior game, but because it's highly recommended in its context (i.e., the game starved 3DS). With more shooters out on the Wii now (Red Steel 2, Black Ops, Goldeneye), the context has changed, and so has their level of recommendation.

Also keep in mind that the multiplayer, probably the reason to buy Conduit 2 in the eyes of many, is not taken into account by this review. And since it is abundantly clear that this game is superior to the first one, I don't think we have too much to worry about.

#43CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/28/2011 6:05:41 PM
Score doesn't matter a whole lot when its the only wii game offering the offline multiplayer experience that you want...
#44The_ShaderPosted 3/28/2011 6:10:17 PM
@Bomolochus

Totally right. I knew something was up, so CoD even 'existing' on the Wii is effecting Conduit 2's score. i now hate Nintendo Power's reviews as much as i hate GameInformers reviews.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/62787/

Multiplayer is NOT taken into account. This is too many people too quickly stating this, so it has to be true.

Side Note:
When HVS was developing The Conduit, they were building the campaign, and then started the multiplayer later in development. Conduit 2? The opposite but slightly different. Multiplayer development became the focus, and then Single Player was being built right along side it.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#45Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 3/28/2011 6:19:04 PM(edited)
I don't think I've seen a single element from the first one that hasn't improved in the second. Granted, I haven't seen the whole game yet, but it looks as though the second game is far better, and based on all of the hands-on articles up to this point (besides the review, of course), that's a pretty reasonable assumption. And then someone like this gives Conduit 2 a lower score than The Conduit? I'm not understanding this...

Oh yeah, and how can you review a game without even mentioning the biggest aspect of it? Multiplayer is going to be a bigger draw than single player, that's for sure. I bet most people who buy this game won't even bother to finish the campaign.Seems a little weird to ignore entirely. I'm not trying to be a fanboy and completely discredit the review or something (okay, maybe a little bit), but really...
#46LazzyIyePosted 3/28/2011 6:26:15 PM
So they basically gave Conduit 2's singleplayer a 7.5, which is not bad especially since i considered the first game's singleplayer to be about a 6. I mean fixing the glitching and hacking alone would have made the first conduit a much more solid game, so as long as they did that then i don't see how this game can be worse, especially when all the videos we've seen say otherwise.
#47Turndawg107Posted 3/28/2011 6:37:57 PM
So is there a scan around, or at least a copy-paste of the full review itself? This rating seems absurd, even if it was just on the campaign.

No, this game does not deserved to have lower reviews just because CoD is on the console(how can you even think that C2's campaign is worse than CoD's, anyway?).
#48SupahShnipaPosted 3/28/2011 7:03:11 PM
The only 2 reviews I actually take into account are Gamespot and Gametrailers personally. Everyone else is so biased or doesn't know what they're talking about.

Multiplayer facts are also mentioned, but apparently weren’t criticized.
Seriously?
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#49The_ShaderPosted 3/28/2011 7:29:39 PM(edited)
imagine the hate.... no... RAGE mail Nintendo Power might get after this issue has been published for awhile...

EDITED
Mail* not Male -__ - ... 2nd grade all over again. THIS ISNT HAPPENING!!! NOT AGAIN!!!
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#50Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2011 7:31:07 PM
The_Shader posted...
i want to know who reviewed Conduit, and who reviewed Conduit 2, and see if its the same person.

Steve Thomason reviewed the first game, but he didn't review the second one. Justin Cheng reviewed Conduit 2 and Goldeneye 007 Wii.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)