The Nintendo Power review is in, and Conduit 2 scores...

#91The_ShaderPosted 3/29/2011 3:11:42 PM
While writing a review of a game on a specific console.... other games of the same genre SHOULD NOT have anything to do with the games review.

If its good, then it should get a good score, same thing if its bad, or great.

It shouldnt change because "oh it sucks because why play this, when you can play that"

No, just no.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#92SupahShnipaPosted 3/29/2011 3:21:50 PM
While writing a review of a game on a specific console.... other games of the same genre SHOULD NOT have anything to do with the games review.

Remember when all gamers and reviewers cared about was Fun Factor? Those were the good old days. Now it's all "OMG MLG GRAPHICZ R AWESOME I HAS 9.99 KDR OMG!!!"
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#93brainfreeze10Posted 3/29/2011 3:33:28 PM
How can you determine a score without comparing things? That's natural, that's how you judge things. Should you take off points of something just because it's different or not COD? No. But if other games of the same genre on the same system had better story, graphics, sound, multiplayer, or whatever then it's perfectly acceptable for them to take points off.

How exactly would you determine a game's quality?
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
FC- Goldeneye: 4484-5080-7080
#94donkeypunch1116Posted 3/29/2011 3:40:21 PM
well, maybe we just have to face the fact that the campaign just isnt as good as we hoped it would be.

due to the fact that the multi was hardly even touched on in the review leads me to believe that it was hardly played, if at all. makes sense, because, well, who are they going to play? no one is really playing the game online right now, and im not so sure if a splitscreen demonstration is really going to wow anyone in regards to the multi.

all in all guys, dont start worrying until we see some not so great reviews that go into detail about the games single and mulit, which will be closer to release. until then, just accept the fact that (just like the first game) single player still has its faults, but multi should be a blast as far as we can tell.
-
---
PUNCHOUT1116
eagerly awaiting: wwe allstars (game grew on me and now its awesome), mortal kombat, and conduit 2
#95brainfreeze10Posted 3/29/2011 3:42:07 PM
^Thank you.
---
#96Turndawg107Posted 3/29/2011 3:42:38 PM
No gamer's opinion on this board has been swayed by this review, and likely never will. We've seen enough extensive live footage played by real people to formulate our own opinions on this game. I've made mine especially clear, but like everyone else here, it remains rock-solid.
#97Sudsy86_Posted 3/29/2011 3:43:17 PM

I'm having to laugh at all the ppl who truly seem concerned because they think they have to care for what someone said, just because he has a "reviewer" tag. He's just a guy who has his preferences...Check for his other reviews...

#98Sudsy86_Posted 3/29/2011 3:50:56 PM

[QUOTE="SupahShnipa"]While writing a review of a game on a specific console.... other games of the same genre SHOULD NOT have anything to do with the games review.

Remember when all gamers and reviewers cared about was Fun Factor? Those were the good old days. Now it's all "OMG MLG GRAPHICZ R AWESOME I HAS 9.99 KDR OMG!!!"
---

Yes. That was before gaming became a popularized industry. Oh, how it was great...

But, the irony is, everyone thinks realism=good, which makes games limited in every possible aspect. The depth is so poor in CoD, that they either had to make it a different game or add extraneous character accessories to make it "different". BC2, a game which has less solid-designed graphics, is infinitely deeper. yet, people think they have to care because it's on tv more and it's their duty to keep up with the joneses...it's sad how easily ppl can be swayed into thinking they like something...

#99brainfreeze10Posted 3/29/2011 4:05:43 PM(edited)
Cod may be the highest selling game, but since Wii is the highest selling system I think it's fair to assume a large number of people aren't obsessed with graphics and will play non-realistic games. I'm annoyed by COD as much as the next guy but you guys are really exaggerating here. Just because a game you want isn't beloved by all doesn't mean you have to get angry at the world.
---
#100LigersRulePosted 3/29/2011 4:08:50 PM
POST 100!!!! FIRST IN FOREVER!!!!
---
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin