CCP users: button layout worries

#1Citan22Posted 4/1/2011 9:41:01 AM
i have grown to enjoy playing black ops with the CCP and am planning on playing Conduit 2 with it as well. however, it recently occurred to me that even if they allow total customization of the CCP, it'll be hard to find a perfect layout. heres my reasoning:

fire, lock-on, melee, and jump need to be easily accessible- a.k.a. shoulder buttons so you dont have to stop moving or take your thumbs off the sticks. but with the new additions of sprint and ADS (and the fact that the CCP does not have clickable sticks) there is just nowhere to fit all this stuff. and lets not forget grenades, which also cannot be assigned to a face button because you want to be able to aim your tosses and/or toss while moving.

sprint would be better as face button, but i read somewhere that it needs to be held down while sprinting, rather than just tapped like in CoD games. if this is true, then sprint needs to be a shoulder button because you obviously need access to both sticks while running. similarly, jump is a face button in CoD games but its not a huge part of the gameplay. in TCon, however, jumping is very important and constantly used.

i'd like to know what you other CCP users think about this.
---
Citan's gamertags: Bonepill, Dat Lag, *~~[ 'l' N 'l' ], Mel Gibson, Fizzy Bubbleh, 'l' l 'l' $, Dat Cereal Bawx, Mallomar Gadhafi... and many more.
#2ddd87Posted 4/1/2011 11:20:48 AM
First of all, there is no Lock-on for the CC and CCP

This is the default scheme http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100915013058/conduit/images/6/66/C2_CCP_layout.jpg

About the grenades, maybe swaping aim and movement so you can aim your nades at the last moment, but since I dont think you can cook the grenades it may not be very important.
#3SupahShnipaPosted 4/1/2011 2:31:31 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100915013058/conduit/images/6/66/C2_CCP_layout.jpg

Maybe I'm blind but, where's sprint?
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#4SmallerRidleyPosted 4/1/2011 2:34:37 PM
Hold crouch to sprint.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#5Citan22(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2011 5:59:16 PM
ok well its making more sense to me now. but the jump button placement in that default layout will be a problem. players using mote+chuk can jump and turn/aim simultaneously. ccp players wont be able to do that unless they remap jump to a shoulder button.. but what do you sacrifice for that?
---
Citan's gamertags: Bonepill, Dat Lag, *~~[ 'l' N 'l' ], Mel Gibson, Fizzy Bubbleh, 'l' l 'l' $, Dat Cereal Bawx, Mallomar Gadhafi... and many more.
#6SmallerRidleyPosted 4/1/2011 6:10:55 PM
It has 1 more shoulder button and 1 more useful face button to make up for it. You could claw and have access to x and a without losing access to the stick all the time, but I don't know anybody who claws for a fps.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#7SupahShnipaPosted 4/1/2011 7:32:36 PM
Hold crouch to sprint.
OK, thanks.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming