Dual layered disc or not?

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Dual layered disc or not?

User Info: xXDa-KidXx

xXDa-KidXx
5 years ago#1

I wouldn't be surprised if it is dual layered like SSBB, and Metroid Other M was, considering the amount of content it has to offer.

User Info: JaggiMan

JaggiMan
5 years ago#2
I hope not, my wii won't be able to play it then =(
Goldeneye FC- 1975-2055-7971 (POLIWHIRL*/ReCrisis),Monster hunter tri- Solitary(HR 154)
Any problem can be solved with a good grilled cheese sandwich!

User Info: Phasmatis92

Phasmatis92
5 years ago#3
I would be surprised; the only (3 in total) Wii games to so far use a dual layered disc either had tons of high resolution FMVs, (Other M, Brawl) or contained several games on one disc. (Metroid Prime Trilogy)

Monster Hunter Tri, a game with an enormous amount of content, (including FMVs) was still single layered, so I'd put my money on Conduit 2 being single-layered also. I just don't see what in it would take up so much space. Compression these days is pretty damn good.

User Info: SmallerRidley

SmallerRidley
5 years ago#4
I don't think there's enough raw content to take up all that space. Brawl had ****loads of music and cinematics, and M:OM had even more cinematics. Aside from the opening and maybe a couple other instances, the cutscenes are rendered by the game engine which takes up less space.
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.

User Info: ddd87

ddd87
5 years ago#5
There doesn't seem to be much pre-rendered cutscenes to warrant a dual-layer disc.

User Info: CHAINMAILLEKID

CHAINMAILLEKID
5 years ago#6
Only a few specific types of content are disk space intensive.

It almost certainly won't be dual layer.

User Info: Numbuh100

Numbuh100
5 years ago#7
But this has so much....it might be...
PKMN Pearl - 2664 0071 4862
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: MMK

User Info: GEJinzo

GEJinzo
5 years ago#8
JaggiMan posted...
I hope not, my wii won't be able to play it then =(

same here :S
Trap Master Jinzooooooo
Goldeneye FC: 2549-1767-9661

User Info: LigersRule

LigersRule
5 years ago#9
It's not. I think Tony had an argument for this from the first game. It goes something like this:


Look at the 360 versions of Fallout 3 Vs. Final Fantasy XIII. Fallout has a freakin' huge map, crazy amounts of things to do, and about ~40 hours of gameplay. FF has very linear maps, a relatively set path of things to do, and ~9-10 hours of gameplay.

Fallout is on one disk, and takes up a fairly small bit of room on that disk, if I remembered right. FF? 3 disks. All because of pre-rendered cut-scenes.

The Dual layer thing works in a similar way. SSBB's story mode is full of cut-scenes. That took up about 98% of the memory, if I recall correctly. Everything else about the game took up the other 2%.


Does that sound familiar to anyone else, or am I just making crap up again?
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin

User Info: Phasmatis92

Phasmatis92
5 years ago#10
^ No, I recall that post also.
It'll depend on whether the cutscenes are mostly ingame or pre-rendered, and how many there are, but I'd say there's a 95% chance it'll be single layered.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Dual layered disc or not?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived