anyone else hate fords voice?

#11SupahShnipaPosted 4/4/2011 2:18:05 PM
I really do. The whole dark, conspiracy vibe from the original is gone. It's a Duke Nukem wannabe in just another Sci-Fi shooter.

But let's be honest, the MP is the important part of this game.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#12SupahShnipaPosted 4/4/2011 2:20:17 PM
Just to clarify for all the fanboys who will claim I'm "trolling" in my above post; I hope I'm wrong, I really do. If this game turns out to have an awesome SP I'll be the first to admit it. I'm just saying what I've seen so far.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#13mysockshurt101Posted 4/4/2011 2:28:54 PM
i agree...there are a few of the cheesy FPS storyline genres already, but that doesn't mean it won't be fun.

i also agree that the MP will be this games bread and butter, but i am hopeful for at least a fun SP, especially if the storyline isn't at all important like the first game.
---
"Don't worry, the claptraps don't feel a thing. It's no worse than stealing a drifter's kidneys and leaving him in a tub of rice. What? Ice? Uh-oh..."
#14hazmatkr3wPosted 4/4/2011 2:36:56 PM
I remember when hvs said they wanted Ford to be an Everyman that people could relate too, not a exaggerated character like duke nukem. Wonder what made them change their mind.
---
http://totalelitepwnage4sale.webs.com/ Join my super duper clan
#15Phasmatis92Posted 4/4/2011 2:41:07 PM
Besides familiarity, I don't get why people would like Ford's voice from the first game, it was almost the definition of "bland," he just droned on in a monotone the whole time, it was sleep inducing.
#16RyokoWinsPosted 4/4/2011 2:48:12 PM
The more I think about it, the more I like the concept of the new voice. Sure, the cheesy thing has been done already, but you know what else has already been done? The Super Serious Action Man thing. This has the potential to be refreshing for me. I'm just worried about the execution.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#17ddd87Posted 4/4/2011 2:53:04 PM
I kind of like the new one, but it could be a little less comical, unless this is a weird side effect of Adams killing his whole family
#18Xobter_81Posted 4/4/2011 3:07:11 PM
the new voice is amazing! It's so much more cheesy, yet so much more.........more!
---
CoD BO FC: 0750-1442-2125/ ign: scottyninja
"There are no lost causes, only lost confidence." -Monster Hunter Village Chief
#19RareSpycrabPosted 4/4/2011 3:49:02 PM
You guys do realize that Ford's new voice actor is Duke Nukem?
#20plasma_beamPosted 4/4/2011 3:49:51 PM
Hate the new voice, there will be a lot of cringing on my part as I play through the story.
Oh well.
---
I'm neutral