Weapon of the Day Redux: Day 11 - Widowmaker Turret

#11The_ShaderPosted 4/6/2011 7:55:02 PM
^ Not enough guesses, the cookie you get is stale, and sticky from being left in a bottle of Ginger Ale for an hour.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#12RyokoWinsPosted 4/6/2011 8:53:21 PM
If the turrets have health, what do you think will happen when they're destroyed? I imagine that the player would just be stuck with their secondary.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#13maksysPosted 4/7/2011 8:39:56 AM
Well the guy will have probably already took another gun lying on the ground .

The idea of a turret as a primary weapon is kinda odd in my opinion but it then depend on how well the turret do on his own vs manually command it .

seems like it was designed for defensive purpose .

I got 2 question about it :

Can anyone on my team operate it ?
Can i manually control it from anywhere ?
#14TottentanzPosted 4/7/2011 9:17:40 AM
Only you can operate it, and from the videos, it can be set on automated and let you get some distance away though the exact distance from the turret was undefined.

Assuming autofire still does not let you use your secondary gun, I imagine these people being grenade spammers and victims of a lot of snipers or melee thump downs assuming the person isnt running around the turret like it is a maypole.

I wonder if two opposing turrets will take each other out?
I wonder how many set mines will it take to kill a turret or person?
I wonder if the turret will take damage from rad grenades? If so then the turret will be almost a joke for anyone with descent aim with one of those badboys.
Considering the turret has a lifebar, from what I have heard, does it have a head shot zone? I have seen blinkies on it in some of the videos, so do you suppose extra damage will be done there?
If you leave you turret unattended, I wonder if the game has a hijack ability with the ASE? Can you steal the turret?
If so, imagine the two man teams with one guy running the shield gun while the guy behind him uses his ASE to hijack the turret, that sounds like fun.

Anyway, less than two weeks to go, and I cant wait to start my juggernaut build.