Motion Controls Worse?

#21The_ShaderPosted 4/8/2011 2:07:37 PM
Anothing thing with the Wiimote pointer controls...

If you instantly want to turn in some direction, despite a Dead Zone being present or not, you can just quickly face the wiimote in the direction you want to turn. Its not that difficult to deal with.

Someone here is just looking for excuses to bash on the Wiimote+Nunchuk control scheme.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#22BrownsM1Posted 4/8/2011 3:39:33 PM
The_Shader posted...
Anothing thing with the Wiimote pointer controls...

If you instantly want to turn in some direction, despite a Dead Zone being present or not, you can just quickly face the wiimote in the direction you want to turn. Its not that difficult to deal with.

Someone here is just looking for excuses to bash on the Wiimote+Nunchuk control scheme.

not trying to bash the wiimote + nunchuck scheme as that's all I use (if anything I bash dual analog) but I have my dead zones at the smallest point they could go in any FPS game I own. MWR and BO I have smooth controls because of 0 dead zones. TCon1 and GE I do what you say and quickly face the wiimote in the direction I want but the cursor still sticks to the middle of the screen for a few seconds before finally turning because it still has a 10x10 or whatever dead zone.

GE I notice it a lot but TCon1 I don't notice it as much but a lot of times when I try to turn quickly I will notice it.
---
them1clan.webs.com Black Ops AC: 3879-1777-2481
Before you die you see the Tails Doll ~ Can you feel the sunshine?
#23psychobrewPosted 4/8/2011 4:11:12 PM

themilitarydude posted...

wtf? goldeneye has fine motion controls. but you can use wii motion plus accesory for the wii remote to make it 'more accurate'

No, Goldeneye's controls are not fine. They might get the job done but you can't really fine tune them and I don't find them nearly responsive enough (at least not with any control).

#24psychobrewPosted 4/8/2011 4:16:37 PM

DivinityStripes posted...
The 180 degree spin was useless, USELESS in the first game. If you perfected your controls, then you could already turn around instantly without that button.

Like BrownsM1 and SupahShnipa, I wish you can make the dead box non-existent and just have the screen follow your cursor everywhere.

With a dead box, turning is a b****. That is obviously unbelievably problematic in an online multiplayer FPS :P.

I agree with the 180 button. I could turn around faster without it.

As far as dead zones go, I like to make the box like 1x1 so it's almost nothing but still gives me a tiny bit of stability.