NEW and OLD players unite to create the greatest wii fps fanbase ever

#1Gamerdude330330Posted 4/7/2011 6:38:53 PM

I might seem like a new guy but I am not. I have been around sice the release of The Conduit. I just didn't have an account. Now that I do I rarely sign in to post but I read every topic. One topic had some of the veterens telling a noob to the series to go away. Why? We want lots of new players and fans to help support HVS and the next installments in the series. Don't hate the jumpers from call of duty and goldeneye. I have both but still play the conduit and want conduit 2. Wii gamers and the people on this bored are usually nice. Be ashamed!!! lol I hope that this game has the most wii fps gamers. Make it happen and show that Wii gamers want quality games that take in fan ideas and use the systems power. Tell me what you think about this discrimination and lets hope to be noticed by the other systems and franchises. By the way my name on The Conduit is Jonathan. It is unlikely that it will change for the sequel. See you online.

#2SmallerRidleyPosted 4/7/2011 6:42:01 PM(edited)
No go wey

jklol

One topic had some of the veterens telling a noob to the series to go away.

links or it didn't happen
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#3Phasmatis92Posted 4/7/2011 8:39:14 PM
I doubt this will get the kind of numbers that the COD Wii games enjoy, but that doesn't mean it can't have a great online community.
#4Lunch-LadyPosted 4/8/2011 4:48:47 AM

The first TCON boards had the largest page numbers I have ever seen.

I would remind you that the latest CoD hasn't had the same fan base as the others.

Also look at the Goldeneye boards. 30+ pages. I was on that board pre-launch when it only had 7 pages.

#5Phasmatis92Posted 4/8/2011 5:07:22 AM
Well, Modern Warfare and World at War have both sold over a million units on Wii, and Black Ops is well on its way there also.

By contrast, I'll be surprised if Conduit 2 makes it to half a million.
#6PedroMontanaPosted 4/8/2011 6:01:10 AM
I have a feeling this game might benefit from the current drought and some other factors (Local multiplayer is big on Wii, it was a huge mistake not to have it in TCon, i think it's the main reason GE seems to outsell CoD BO. Also i think there might be quite a few people looking for a solid game that supports the motion plus they bought.).

I don't think it will reach a million, but it might significantly outsell the original, which would show Sega an upwards trend, which might encourage them to publish Conduit 3, Conduit 3DS or The Grinder.
---
No More Heroes
#7Phasmatis92Posted 4/8/2011 6:09:59 AM
^ I'd LOVE for that to happen, because I want to see the game and HVS succeed.

But I still predict (and you can mock me for this later if I turn out to be dead wrong) that this game will reach about 300-400k lifetime.
The first game barely reached 500k, and that had a lot more hype behind it and no poorly regarded predecessor to scare people away. I have a feeling the first game's rep will really hurt C2's sales.
#8Gamerdude330330(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2011 2:19:04 PM

SmallerRidley posted...
No go wey

jklol

One topic had some of the veterens telling a noob to the series to go away.

links or it didn't happen
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.

I don't know if it is possible to even find in like two hours or more. There are so many posts andI can't remember the name. I will try to look and I understand why you want proof but I am not lying. It is likely that I will fail to find it again but oh well.

#9Chris_McMahonPosted 4/8/2011 2:51:42 PM
But I still predict (and you can mock me for this later if I turn out to be dead wrong) that this game will reach about 300-400k lifetime.
The first game barely reached 500k, and that had a lot more hype behind it and no poorly regarded predecessor to scare people away. I have a feeling the first game's rep will really hurt C2's sales.

And it was also selling for 14.99 a few months after release. It bombed really hard, which makes this sequel on the more pleasantly surprising.
---
Not changing this sig until Jamarcus Russell wins a Superbowl Started 9/15/07 http://blog.synthesis.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/dog.jpg
#10The_ShaderPosted 4/8/2011 3:04:50 PM
Sells dont equal a great game. Just popularity, and a developers profit.

Madworld diserved to sell millions. Its developer should have gotten some serious cash from it...

but did it sell? NO, nobody bought the damn game.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"