regular or hardcore, which one are you playing?

#31Korby9000Posted 4/9/2011 6:09:53 PM
Probably depend on my loadout. Something that can't afford to have stealth, I'll probably play hardcore mostly with.
---
TCon Name: Korby 0045-0574-9949
#32The_ShaderPosted 4/9/2011 6:51:55 PM
Like SmallerRidley mentioned, Stealth is the only perk in Conduit 2 that looses its usefulness in Hardcore.

Stealth users still wont be able to be 'auto-targeted' by Widowmakers, and wont be able to be 'Phased' in on by the snipers.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#33silver123456789Posted 4/9/2011 7:28:41 PM
In hardcore do you come on the radar if you shoot?
---
www.chaoscoalition.net
#34The_ShaderPosted 4/9/2011 7:31:57 PM
silver123456789 posted...
In hardcore do you come on the radar if you shoot?

This....
Belongs here.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/58695354
---
#35silver123456789Posted 4/9/2011 7:35:26 PM
I love guys who try to be funny. Give a nice laugh.

Anyways, he said the radar is disabled. I would assume this means you can't see anything, even your own teammates which would be retarded.
---
www.chaoscoalition.net
#36SmallerRidleyPosted 4/9/2011 7:40:14 PM
There's no radar at all, obviously. The joke is deserved.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#37The_ShaderPosted 4/9/2011 7:44:31 PM
I would laugh, if there wasnt a topic up full of questions like that already.

misplaced joke is misplaced.
---
#38SupahShnipaPosted 4/9/2011 9:04:06 PM
On the plus side, anybody running stealth will have less defense or do less damage than other players.
When the get the first 3-5 shots on you, it wont really matter :P

Anyways, he said the radar is disabled. I would assume this means you can't see anything, even your own teammates which would be retarded.
Radar always on in FPS games has and always will be a horrible feature IMO. Id rather have a CS type radar.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#39Sudsy86_Posted 4/10/2011 9:07:33 AM

The_Shader posted...
Sudsy86_ posted...
YeahcuzIhateitwhencampersrushme.

is this a joke? because since when do 'rushers' ambush people?

quite often. if you meant to type "campers", that was aresponse to someone's thinking involving ambushing campers. it was a mockery.

The_Shader posted...
Since thats the case, campers will be in Regular more often in Conduit 2 then Hardcore.

1. Radar in Conduit 2 is completely motion sensitive, while standing still, or moving while crouched, you wont pop up on the radar. Fire your gun, or move quickly, and you will.

2. Since damage doesnt matter in either mode, Campers will want the Regular more because its the only mode out of the two that helps them camp, thanks to the radar.

I understand the thinking. but, once in-game, they realize that they're not able to find people fast enough relative to opposition. ppl camp in hardcore because someone happened to find them first when moving, and they become afraid to do it again.

In regular, there will be the constant stream of information(radar) to give them reason to go to x instead of y. That's how I made my decisions in tcon1. ("someone is over there. *goes there*) except for bad players, all players worked with a similar amount of information. thus, even those who are otherwise scared have enough infoto consciously choose to take action.............and inevitably get shot by a smarter player. lol.

In hardcore, once you get killed without learning much, you will camp because you figure you can do the same. Have you played an fps with a hardcore mode? everyone knows it's campier because they don't have reason to think they should risk for reward.

Granted, if health is the same, it might be ok, since ppl won't die as quickly when they show themselves. But, in general, the lack of information is what will cause ppl to wait.

#40CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/10/2011 9:32:46 AM
I'm still not sure hardcore mode and splitting up the players isn't a mistake.
Does this topic make anybody else a little uneasy?