Wasn't there a HUB like Turok 1&2 or the 3d Mario games have?

#1PedroMontanaPosted 4/8/2011 4:11:10 AM
I think i read something like this, but since i haven't seen anything about it in a while i wonder if it's still there. Is there any video footage of it? How does it work, can you always go back to older levels, does it sometimes give you the choice which level you want to play first (like Turok 1&2)?

I'm not angry if it didn't work and they took it out, sometimes those decisions have to be made to avoid lame or tedious HUB like Super Mario Galaxy 1, No More Heroes 1 or Red Steel 1 had. Note how all these games changed their failsauce HUBs completely in their sequels (Don't get me wrong, i love NMH and SMG).

But a good HUB like Turok 1&2, Mario Galaxy 2 or Mario 64 had would definitely be appreciated. I like how it can give the feeling of a real interconnected world and i also like how it can make things less linear.
---
No More Heroes
#2Phasmatis92Posted 4/8/2011 4:26:40 AM
I loved the Observatory in Galaxy 1, the music and visual design were amazing, much more so than the sequel's bland faceship.
#3SmallerRidleyPosted 4/8/2011 5:20:32 AM
The most we've seen is a quick glance of it when you first arrive. There's no solid info on how levels progress.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#4PedroMontana(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2011 8:51:21 AM
About SMG's HUB: The music was great, the visuals were nice, but there was nothing to do yet it was still annoying to get where you wanted to.

SMG 2's HUB (as well as those in the early Turok games) also gives you nothing to do, but it's a fast and comfortable way to get to the stage you want to play.

In Mario 64, it might have taken a few minutes to get somewhere, but that was just the trade off for having an exciting place to explore and i still exactly know where all the levels are in the castle.

SMG's HUB gives practically nothing to explore, nothing to see beyond the initial impression, but at the same time i have to look at the map and search for the stage i want to go to.
---
No More Heroes
#5Chris_McMahonPosted 4/8/2011 1:35:27 PM
If it is still a mission based single player then the hub might be more a plot element then way of selecting levels. Like ford will comeback through a portal in a cutscene then immediately jump through another one. Not that the game will put you in front of 5 conduits to different locations and you pick which one you want to go through.
---
Not changing this sig until Jamarcus Russell wins a Superbowl Started 9/15/07 http://blog.synthesis.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/dog.jpg