Do you think IGN will score this game higher than GoldenEye Wii?

#11PedroMontanaPosted 4/8/2011 3:35:10 PM
Well, if they want to look somewhat consistent, they will at least have to rate it higher then the original TCon. Considering they rated it pretty high, i guess that could lead to a very good score for C2.

Of course they could also be completely inconsistent like they always are. I remember when they did an import review of Zombie Revenge and rated it pretty good, but they had a few complaints.
Later when the game was localised, they reviewed the US version and rated it significantly lower. The funny thing is that the main difference between the import and US versions is that some of the things IGN complained about in the original review got fixed.

I understand that the reviewers are individuals with different opinions and the text is more important then the score, but when a improved version of the same game gets a significantly (like 2 full points) higher score the inferior version in the same publication they should ditch scores altogether.
---
No More Heroes
#12SupahShnipaPosted 4/8/2011 3:52:26 PM
Bet you anything, IGN is gonna be the only one that'll have a decent and detailed review of the multiplayer. INSTEAD OF JUST MENTIONING IT.

Gamespot and Gametrailers will review it well. Weather people agree with the score or not I don't know. Too many people on this forum labeled any bad review of the original as "Fanboyism" (Which is insanely ironic/hypocritical I must say) even though reviews like Gamespot's were very well written and it was evident they had put a lot of time into the game before writing the review. While sites like IGN who wrote such a kiss ass review got their review seen as the only good ones because they gave it a high score. Though I will say sites like Gamepro for examply put out some horrible reviews.

If Gamespot wrote a 2 paragraph review for the 1st game and gave it a 9.5, everyone would have loved them.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#13tconslayerPosted 4/8/2011 4:13:46 PM

I think its going to get an average rating of 9-9.5 which is awesome for HVS.

#14RyokoWinsPosted 4/8/2011 4:20:43 PM
I think it'll get mostly good reviews but the public reception will be lukewarm because of the ghost of the first game.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#15dankbeast003Posted 4/8/2011 6:49:23 PM
10!!! ALL THE WAY FTW!!!!

No seriously, I say about 8.5-9.5
---
GoldenEye FC- 288974374486
In Game Name: (ODDJob)
#16gr295Posted 4/8/2011 6:52:10 PM

It's hard to say w/ IGN, but it will be a 7-9.

#17SmallerRidleyPosted 4/8/2011 6:54:30 PM
Somewhere between and 8 and 9 from many places, with 7s and 9s from the more biased ones.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#18SupahShnipaPosted 4/8/2011 7:54:38 PM
I'll say around 7-9's personally. The SP may drag the score down for some reviews.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#19SmallerRidleyPosted 4/8/2011 7:58:43 PM
Addition: It's not necessarily this game's fault, but it won't score lower than a 7 because it is at least functional. Most reviewers won't give games less than a 6/10 unless it isn't even good enough to play for free.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#20Phasmatis92Posted 4/8/2011 8:44:22 PM
Ipredict they'll score it lower than Goldeneye Wii, as GE has that more serious, cinematic feel that IGN and most reviewers get off on, compared to Conduit 2's deliberately B-movie cheesiness, which I think they won't like.