question about release date

#1BrownsM1Posted 4/8/2011 5:42:21 PM
is the game actually going to be released on the 19th or are they going to pull the same stunt they did with the first game and say that day is the shipping date then release it on the 20th?
---
them1clan.webs.com Black Ops AC: 3879-1777-2481
Before you die you see the Tails Doll ~ Can you feel the sunshine?
#2The_ShaderPosted 4/8/2011 6:32:18 PM
By "they" you must mean the retailers, because they actually receive the shipment of games a day before they are put on the shelves.

Even then, why does one day matter to you enough that you want to make a topic about it???
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#3TottentanzPosted 4/8/2011 6:35:18 PM
It is coming out on a Tuesday, they typical release date of all games except those made by Nintendo that are typically released on Sunday.

I am confident the game will be out on the 19th barring a midnight release in some areas by game places. Destructoid is having a launch party with HVS at the homebase in Chicago on the 19th starting noon CST to noon the next day CST.

It would not be a party if the game was pushed back to the 20th on Wednesday which would make no sense.
#4BrownsM1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2011 6:53:44 PM(edited)
The_Shader posted...
By "they" you must mean the retailers, because they actually receive the shipment of games a day before they are put on the shelves.

Even then, why does one day matter to you enough that you want to make a topic about it???

yes by "they" I mean the retailers. and it matters cause I don't want to waste gas in my car for two trips to Gamestop like I did the last time when it was clearly set as release day being the 25th of June (I think that was the day) then I get there and get "release day is the 26th but you can pre-order it today for tomorrow."

now I have a question for you. do you specifically type your comments just to piss me off? cause it sure seems that way.
---
#5BrownsM1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2011 6:56:02 PM
Tottentanz posted...
It is coming out on a Tuesday, they typical release date of all games except those made by Nintendo that are typically released on Sunday.

I am confident the game will be out on the 19th barring a midnight release in some areas by game places. Destructoid is having a launch party with HVS at the homebase in Chicago on the 19th starting noon CST to noon the next day CST.

It would not be a party if the game was pushed back to the 20th on Wednesday which would make no sense.

I agree that it wouldn't make sense but the first game was pushed to a Wednesday which is why I made this topic
---
#6TottentanzPosted 4/8/2011 7:02:20 PM
Call ahead of time before you go which saves gas and time.
#7BrownsM1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2011 7:05:57 PM
Tottentanz posted...
Call ahead of time before you go which saves gas and time.

probably will this time unless I decide to finally preorder it in the next few days. I didn't call last time cause I figured "hey it's the game's scheduled release day so I can go buy it today"
---
#8TottentanzPosted 4/8/2011 7:20:36 PM
I am calling next week to request the gamestop of my choice to put a headset to the side with my reserved order; they told me to call when it was closer to release date and they would.

I would not suggest calling them the day before unless you have non-brain dead peeps in your area, the gamestops around here have clerks that could not even get my pre-order correct on my last game even though they had a pamphlet explaining it all right on the counter.
#9BrownsM1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2011 8:21:58 PM
Tottentanz posted...
I am calling next week to request the gamestop of my choice to put a headset to the side with my reserved order; they told me to call when it was closer to release date and they would.

I would not suggest calling them the day before unless you have non-brain dead peeps in your area, the gamestops around here have clerks that could not even get my pre-order correct on my last game even though they had a pamphlet explaining it all right on the counter.

thanks to Black Ops I already have a headset so I'm good to go with that. and the two Gamestops I go to have certain people who do know what they're doing especially the one who embarrassed my friend who was buying pokemon black. my friend goes in and asks real quietly "this is a little embarrassing but do you have any copies of pokemon black" and the guy says as loud as he can "yeah we have a ton! I don't know why you're so embarrassed, cause I'm 21 and still play pokemon!"

that guy was great but now I think he got fired.
---
#10The_ShaderPosted 4/8/2011 8:24:31 PM
^ are you saying theres something wrong with pokemon?

If pokemon ever ****ing comes to home consoles, with an insanely huge online multiplayer section intact, i'd buy immediatly, along with call up everyone i know to tell them the news that our dreams have come true.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"