I have a question about the maps

#1PedroMontanaPosted 4/11/2011 5:43:08 AM
According to the sticky topic, C2 will have the following 12 maps:

* Pentagon Prime Based upon Pentagon out of The Conduit.
o Best with 8-12 players
* Sanctum Prime Based upon Sanctum out of The Conduit.
o Medium size; Best with 6-10 players
* Streets Prime Based upon Streets out of The Conduit
o Small size; Best with 2-6 players
* Lost City Based upon the Lost City of Z from single-player M12
o Best with 8-12 players
* Precipice Based upon the one-off single-player M15
o Best with 6-10 player
* Agartha Based upon the John Adams boss fight from single-player M14
o Best with 8-12 players
* Whiteout Based upon the Siberian tundra single-player M09
o Best with 6-10 players
* Crash Site Based upon the one-off from single-player M16
o Best with 6-10 players
* Serenity Based upon the one-off from single player M17
o Best with 6-10 players
* Dig Site Based upon the Lost City multiplayer map
o Best with 2-6 players
* Abyss Based upon the Agartha multiplayer map
o Best with 2-6 players
* Avalanche Based upon the Whiteout multiplayer map
o Best with 2-6 players

Now, i noticed the first 3 maps are classic maps from Tcon, the following 6 maps are new maps based on environments from the C2 single player campaign and the last three maps are based on some of the other new maps.

Does this mean that the last three maps are just resized (smaller) versions of the other 6 new maps, or are they unique maps that just share the general theme with the other maps?
For example, will Avalanche be a unique snow themed map, or will it be the same map as Whiteout with some parts cut off?
---
No More Heroes
#2Simok123Posted 4/11/2011 5:51:32 AM
Thats what I want to know :S I think they are just smaller versions of maps for smaller groups of people....I think thats kinda cheating to say they have 12 maps when really its like 9.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!, GOLDENEYE SLAYA!, AND BLACK OPS PLAYA!
Don't make me ROFL your sawks off!
#3PedroMontana(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2011 6:10:51 AM
9 maps plus 3 resized versions would still be enough maps for me as long as they are good, but honestly following this logic Goldeneye could brag about having 20 maps or something (GE resizes the maps automatically and i'm not 100% sure every map has 2 versions, but i think most of them have).
---
No More Heroes
#4Krazykid3333Posted 4/11/2011 8:19:31 AM

PedroMontana posted...
9 maps plus 3 resized versions would still be enough maps for me as long as they are good, but honestly following this logic Goldeneye could brag about having 20 maps or something (GE resizes the maps automatically and i'm not 100% sure every map has 2 versions, but i think most of them have).
---
No More Heroes

GE does not resize the maps automatically online. The local maps are smaller then the online because local is for 2-4 players while online maps are bigger because it was made for4-8 players.

#5PedroMontana(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2011 9:28:51 AM
Interesting. I thought i read somewhere smaller GE online matches would also get the smaller maps, but i never really tried to look if that was the case, so i guess you're right.
Still, it was nice to have some fitting maps for local multi in GE, i really hate how all the CoD games are completely useless in splitscreen because they usually only have 2 maps that aren't way too large. I mean, outside of Nuke Town and the shooting range all the Black Ops maps are way too large for less then 6 people.

Still wondering about those three C2 maps.
---
No More Heroes
#6FelixTrapperPosted 4/11/2011 12:05:35 PM
GoldenEye DOES resize maps automatically online based on the -mode-

In Conflict mode (just your standard deathmatch) the maps have all been shrunk down to encourage more rampant killing.

In the other modes like team games and such, the maps are full size.

source: someone who has played GoldenEye for 6-7 days of playtime
---
"Uwee hee hee! Don't tease the octopus, kids!" -Ultros
#7Krazykid3333Posted 4/11/2011 12:36:57 PM

I have had that game for over 4 months of online play time on all modes and never once has it ever given the smaller version of a map. Have you played it yourself?

And to prove it,just watch a youtube video of conflict and watch a another on the same map with team conflict. There is no difference at all.

#8FelixTrapperPosted 4/11/2011 12:44:43 PM
You are lying.

Example 1: In the Facility, the entire upmost hallway and boiler room are completely inaccessible during Conflict. The stairways span 5 feet or so and run into a brick wall.

Example 2: Archives--the little nesting rooms are blocked off entirely. There is hardly any place to hide in Conflict.

To any posters reading this: The above poster is 100% false and if need be, can be proven quite easily. But I'd rather not spend my time making or finding videos on youtube that illustrate the above examples.
---
"Uwee hee hee! Don't tease the octopus, kids!" -Ultros
#9UnfoundedVirusPosted 4/11/2011 12:45:25 PM
No, Conflict and Team Conflict definitely have different sized maps. For example, on Facility if you're playing on Conflict the back areas are closed off so you can only fight in the middle area.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
Goldeneye FC: 230430667242 Name: U-Virus
#10SonicRecordsPosted 4/11/2011 1:11:42 PM
In Conflict Memorial, the MI6 and Janus spawn spots are blocked off, while in Team Conflict they are not.
---
Goldeneye 007 FC: Level 34 156714564753 - [SA]DarkWolf/Byrne+/Omega[DG]
The Wii has not been playing Wii games as of March 4, 2010