I have a question about the maps

#11The_ShaderPosted 4/11/2011 12:37:49 PM
* Dig Site Based upon the Lost City multiplayer map
o Best with 2-6 players
* Abyss Based upon the Agartha multiplayer map
o Best with 2-6 players
* Avalanche Based upon the Whiteout multiplayer map
o Best with 2-6 players

To my understanding, these are the only maps you can play on Invasion Mode.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#12ddd87Posted 4/11/2011 3:50:51 PM
The_Shader posted...
* Dig Site Based upon the Lost City multiplayer map
o Best with 2-6 players
* Abyss Based upon the Agartha multiplayer map
o Best with 2-6 players
* Avalanche Based upon the Whiteout multiplayer map
o Best with 2-6 players

To my understanding, these are the only maps you can play on Invasion Mode.

Abyss is for competitive multi only. The other invasion map is Serenity (China)
#13The_ShaderPosted 4/11/2011 5:33:17 PM
i'm completely confused as to which maps are the ones you play invasion on...

But i'm pretty sure these versions are for Invasion only.

And "Best with" is just a recommendation. Any map CAN be played with varied amounts of people.
---
#14BainesPosted 4/11/2011 7:56:37 PM
While "Best with" is a recommendation and not a requirement, it is a recommendation for a reason. Maps made for large online battles tend to not work well for small, generally offline split-screen, battles. However, just how well a map will work outside its recommendation depends on several factors: general layout (open, small twisty paths, etc), how spawns are determined (fixed, team, relative to active players (and this goes back to layout when a twisty map can confuse a short distance with a long one)), the general mechanics of the game (how fast do people move, how fast do weapons kill, how easy is it to notice someone in the distance, no radar versus always on radar versus sound detection radar, etc), and others.

I am disappointed with Conduit 2's map count though. Twelve maps sounds like a decent number, but three are resizes of existing maps. Going by recommendation, since there are no bots, only four maps appear to be suited for offline play (though the others may be okay).

I just wish more companies would allow size selection of maps (and not try to pass different sizes off as different maps.) A few games have done it, like Perfect Dark Zero. And maps often have spots where they could be decently sub-divided without much effort. If it is a balance testing issue, mark the reduced size maps as potentially unbalanced and let players select them anyway. Heck, I wouldn't even mind a barely decorated barrier, if it gave me more options for smaller battles.
---
Help is a gift that one must never grow to expect. -- Willow (Witches' Brew by Terry Brooks)
#15The_ShaderPosted 4/11/2011 8:19:11 PM
More maps isnt really a 'good' thing.

I'd settle for just 6 maps if they were insanely awesome maps.

A competitive shooter with 20 **** maps is no good.

All that matters is if theres 5-7 maps that are fun, addictive, and unique.
---
#16xXDa-KidXxPosted 4/11/2011 9:19:18 PM

They could be different sections of the campaign level that bigger maps come from.

#17Krazykid3333Posted 4/12/2011 8:49:27 AM

giantdonkeykongteam posted...
You are lying.

Example 1: In the Facility, the entire upmost hallway and boiler room are completely inaccessible during Conflict. The stairways span 5 feet or so and run into a brick wall.

Example 2: Archives--the little nesting rooms are blocked off entirely. There is hardly any place to hide in Conflict.

To any posters reading this: The above poster is 100% false and if need be, can be proven quite easily. But I'd rather not spend my time making or finding videos on youtube that illustrate the above examples.
---
"Uwee hee hee! Don't tease the octopus, kids!" -Ultros

Sorry,your right. In a way. But I am not "100% false" you see,I was thinking you ment "smaller maps" as "local maps" Not the few doors & rooms blocked off. In local multiplayer 40% of the level is missing. Not 5-10% that you are talking about.

Haha a little misunderstanding.:P