USB Headset question.

#11raysnds1Posted 4/12/2011 7:15:10 AM
the gentleman above is correct....its a driver issue...C2 suports the head banger so thats the driver it loads

even if you got the Wii to recognize an alternative USB Headset, i'd be suprised it would work on-line to connect w/ other users. i'm sure there are server protocols that have to be met and an unreconized driver wouldn't work

$50? for the head set?....no my friend...its twenty-five new in store....might be less if you're on at the right time on ebay.
#12Brownprouder23Posted 4/12/2011 7:17:27 AM
Um, I think he meant buying the PDP Headset and the Classic Controller Pro. That would maybe cost $50?
#13thezachster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2011 8:40:47 AM
Classic controller and headset. In reality, an xbox style controller will outclass a wiiremote ANY day. If i want to be able to play the best way possible, i would have to spend 50 dollars on accessories i already have. If they had been smart, they would have let people use any usb mic, as well as a usb controller. I would have thrown my money at HVS/Sega if they let me use my own accessories and not the ones they make one buy.

HVSTony, if you ever read this, i'm disappointed. I knew HVS as a great company who really wanted to improve quality for the player. Not another company who only wants money and doesn't care about the userbase.
---
Zach- TPC Leader............GI~Zach- Mwii- 2315-6210-4899 Gold Guns: 3
TCon-4554-7727-9847 PSN: TheZachster
#14BrownsM1Posted 4/12/2011 10:59:50 AM
thezachster posted...
Classic controller and headset. In reality, an xbox style controller will outclass a wiiremote ANY day.

I lol'd
---
them1clan.webs.com Black Ops AC: 3879-1777-2481
Before you die you see the Tails Doll ~ Can you feel the sunshine?
#15typhone004Posted 4/12/2011 4:13:43 PM
Didn't HVSTony leave HVS?
---
Your signature is appended to the bottom of every post you make. Pokemon Black: 3353-3626-9533
#16Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/12/2011 6:35:11 PM
thezachster posted...
HVSTony, if you ever read this, i'm disappointed. I knew HVS as a great company who really wanted to improve quality for the player. Not another company who only wants money and doesn't care about the userbase.

...Except that HVS isn't the one who made the CCP or the Headbanger Headset, and so won't make any money from them. They only decided to support the headset because they thought it was a better voice communication system than WiiSpeak, and because Nintendo told them not to support WiiSpeak anymore since it's been discontinued.

And anyway, don't peripherals have some sort of "Nintendo seal of approval" to even be allowed for usage on the system?
#17LigersRulePosted 4/12/2011 7:51:28 PM
...Except that HVS isn't the one who made the CCP or the Headbanger Headset, and so won't make any money from them. They only decided to support the headset because they thought it was a better voice communication system than WiiSpeak, and because Nintendo told them not to support WiiSpeak anymore since it's been discontinued.

This.

Didn't HVSTony leave HVS?

Yep. He's working in the film industry now. TC, you're looking for HVSBob, who seems to be a little less active then HVSTony, though he may just not be as big on posting.

And anyway, don't peripherals have some sort of "Nintendo seal of approval" to even be allowed for usage on the system?

Yep. It won't work unless Nintendo says it can.
---
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin
#18SafetyFistPosted 4/13/2011 3:51:40 PM
LigersRule posted...

Yep. He's working in the film industry now. TC, you're looking for HVSBob, who seems to be a little less active then HVSTony, though he may just not be as big on posting.

We have a new HVS brother? :o Well let me just take this opportunity to say hi to HVSBob, assuming he reads this.
---
PSN: LawnGnome93, Playing: FFIX, MH3
-Flame
#19gwar315Posted 4/14/2011 12:54:01 AM
So the Wii headset that goes for 25 dollars will work for this game correct? I got it for Black Ops and was hoping this game would support it also but reading these post Im confused on if the game offers the headset support or not.
---
Gwar315
#20psychobrewPosted 4/14/2011 2:07:37 PM
Nintendo asked HVS to not use Wiispeak. Since the headbanger headset is the only other voice communication device available, HVS had little choice. Besides, the headset is much better than Wiispeak.