****Conduit 2 FAQ V2! **PLEASE READ**

#1LigersRulePosted 4/11/2011 7:55:56 PM
Hola. Time for an update.

PLEASE READ
This is meant to be separate from Ultimate Flame's Compilation of Known Conduit 2 Information. A lot of questions will be taken straight from the Sticky, but possibly modified to be up to date. This is not meant as a replacement. If you haven't read the sticky, go do it now.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/57147873

IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION NOT LISTED HERE:
(and isn't asking something stupid, like "What color are Ford's Socks?" Which, by the way, would be Orange and Teal Atlantean Leg Warmers....)
Ask it here. DO NOT create a new topic.

Alright.... So let's get started
Frequently Asked Questions:

Recent Questions:
Questions asked on this board in the last week

-Will other headsets work besides the PDP Headbanger Headset?
No. The Wii console/ Conduit 2 will not recognize any drivers except those in the headbanger headset.

-Will there be a bonus/reward for having a Conduit 1 file
Nothing has been said on this issue, so at this point, it can be assumed that the answer is no. Sorry :(

-When, for sure, is this game coming out?
April 19th. It is not the 14th, and your local GameSTOP employee is wrong if he told you so.

-Is the 19th the "shipping date", or the actual release date?
That varies from store to store. Some are having midnight releases the morning of the 19th, while others don't sell until the 20th.

-how does one get a credits (cr) to get more weapons and upgrades
Credits are gotten through playing, basically. You can get them in singleplayer, multiplayer, Team Invasion, Split Screen, whatever.

-Party system?
Nope. Sorry :(

-Will we be seeing a return of Ammo Boxes
There are no Ammo Boxes in public matches, but they can be enabled for custom matches (online and splitscreen, they are OFF by default)

-Can we use Gamecube controllers?
No. Neither in Online nor Offline.

-If I haven't played the first game, will I understand the story?
To be frank.... No. This game starts about 2 seconds after the first ends. Luckily, in this day and age, a synopsis or summery is very easy to come across. I suggest YouTubing it.

-Is this on a duel layer disk?
No. Don't worry about it.
---
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin
#2LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2011 7:56:24 PM
Old Questions:
Questions that have been asked before, but not so much recently

Single Player Questions
Questions about the Single Player aspect.

-How long is the story mode?
About 6-8 hours.

-Are there cut-scenes?
Yes, there are many in-game cut-scenes.

-How many missions are in the game?
There is a total of 16 missions that are must complete. There may also be a number of side missions.

-I like/dislike these voice actors. Are they going to change?
No, the actors are final. The dialogue however may seem some changes before release.

Are environments fully destructible? I noticed some cars blowing up among other things.
Not fully destructible, but there are some objects that can be destroyed.

Will I be able to use all the upgrades in story mode?
There are some upgrades for use in story mode. Not all of them, and the ones that are there, you must reach a certain point in the storyline to use.

-Are there single player bots?
No. You can play invasion mode in single player however. This is not the same as what bots would be in vs. mode though.

Online Multiplayer Questions
Questions pertaining to the online aspect of the game.

-Is there DLC or any kind of post release support for the game?
Yes! They will be releasing patches and fixes after the release to fix any problems that occur. There is a system in place for other dlc, but they have not said they were going to have it.

-Are there Friend Codes again? Why can't they be like Monster Hunter Tri?
Yes there are friend codes. In order to be like Monster Hunter Tri they would need to be using Sega's servers or have permission from Nintendo to drop FC's.

-What is "Hardcore Mode"
Hardcore mode is an optional mode online without Radar or Lock-on.

What are rivals?
The rival system is the same as it was in Metroid Prime Hunters. It is a way to make friend codes more bearable. While you have to input a code to add friends, you can add rivals in random game lobbies by sending a request to the player. If they accept then you two are now rivals and can find each other in online games much more easily. You can also voice chat with your rivals.

-How many Friends can I have?
Your friends list can contain 64 names, and your rivals list an additional 64 names.

-I have a clan and we want tags! Is it going to happen?
No, but the character limit in names has been upped to 12, as opposed to 8 in the previous game.

-How many multiplayer maps and modes are there?
There are 12 maps and 14 different modes to choose from.

-Is there splitscreen online?
No.

-Will you be able to customize what you look like online?
Yes. There are many character models to choose from, and many different armor parts or color combinations to choose from.

-What is the headbanger headset?
It is a headset used on the wii to allow voice chat. It's more convenient than wii speak in that it doesn't pick up sounds from all over the room and its a players voice will come out of a speaker near your ear instead of your TV speakers.

-How is the vote system working? I always hated that.
You will be given two options for both mode and map to vote on. After that match you will be given two options for mode and map again, but different from the ones you had previously. They will continue switching like this to prevent people from spamming the same vote.
---
#3LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2011 7:57:25 PM
General Gameplay Questions
Questions pertaining to all gameplay, online or offline

-Did they add vehicles this time?
There are no drivable vehicles. There may, however, be vehicles that you control the firing aspect.

-So if they have wii motion+ now that means I'll get to use 1:1 melee weapons now?
No. They are using wm+ for aiming purposes only.

-Is there keyboard support?
No.

-Can we customize weapons?
No

-How about dual wielding?
It's not in.

General Questions
Questions pertaining to the whole game in general

-Will the game ship with the Headbanger Headset?
No. You must buy the Headbanger Headset separately.

-Are there any trailers or direct feed gameplay?
Yes. Please refer to the sticky, or to various topics around the board.

-So this uses the headbanger headset, but surely I should be able to use the Wii Speak too?
Conduit 2 is unable to use Wii Speak. Sorry :/

-Is there a pre-order bonus?
Yes. Gamestop is having a bonus where you can get the destroyer armor, an egyptian styled ASE, and a 44 page art book. Go to gamestop for further info. This offer, as far as I know, is not available outside of the US.

-What about Daos? Has our Doritos and Orange Soda currency idea been confirmed to be the currency yet?
Much to our dismay, HVS has decided to use "credits" as the currency name. There are, however, numerous orange soda machines throughout the game.

-Will you join my clan?
No. Stop asking. Most players here will not be interested in joining a clan from a user they have never heard of. If you want to make a clan, make some friends here first, then ask them.

-Does this use CCP? (Classic Controller Pro)
Yes, if that is your kind of thing.

-What are loadouts?
A loadout consists of a primary weapon, a secondary weapon, a grenade, and up to 4 suit upgrades. Players can have up to 4 different loadouts. This does replace weapon sets.

FIN
-------

Remember: if you have ANY questions not answered here, please ask them HERE. Do not make a new topic. Thank you for your patience, and have a nice day.
---
#4LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2011 7:58:13 PM
You may now post. Thank you.
---
#5The_ShaderPosted 4/11/2011 8:15:28 PM
What if i dont want to post?
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#6LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2011 8:20:31 PM
Sounds like a personal problem to me.
---
#7The_ShaderPosted 4/11/2011 8:21:44 PM
Well i'm busy, you fix it!
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#8SmallerRidleyPosted 4/11/2011 8:24:54 PM

-Is there keyboard support?
No.

I'm sure one day someone will figure out a good way to port m+k controls into Wii shooters. Probably involving homebrew and soft-mods and stuff.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#9LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2011 8:27:27 PM
When that day comes, we will all be screwed, as we will start having our butts handed to us. Or, we'll start handing peoples butts to them, if we were the ones using m+k.

No matter how much better the Mote/Chuck is than DA, m+k is still by far the best.
---
#10Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/11/2011 8:39:30 PM(edited)
LigersRule posted...

-Is there a pre-order bonus?
Yes. Gamestop is having a bonus where you can get the destroyer armor, an egyptian styled ASE, and a 44 page art book. Go to gamestop for further info. This offer, as far as I know, is not available outside of the US.

The special edition of the game is available to Canadians, if you're willing to pay around $20 shipping. I'm not sure where else it's available, but I can least confirm that.

EDIT: Nice FAQ by the way, sticky requested.