Dropping the Ball

#1TottentanzPosted 4/13/2011 10:11:39 AM
C2's advertisement scheme right now is comparative to a "Where's Waldo" game with a crowd around it; only the people who are actually playing the game are looking.

Honestly, did you blow your budget last year in the US? It would be more comforting to me to see that Sega and your own HVS website had the actual correct release date; last time I checked, Sega still had it in March and HVS had it in February.

We have less than a week to go, only a hand full of active people on your boards, and no real advertisement reaching out to the general public.

Your multi-player might be the best thing the Wii has seen since MH3, but it wont matter if no one is playing it at all hours of the day. I can jump on MH3 at any point during the day and find tons of groups to run with; I mean any hour of the day.

Are you like the underwear gnomes:
Step One: make game
Step Two:
Step Three: Profit
#2Brownprouder23Posted 4/13/2011 10:35:48 AM
I definitely agree, man. There's no real advertisement for this game outside of places where you have to search for it. I mean let's get real here, the only people that know about this game are those of us who have done our research about this game.
#3Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/13/2011 11:19:34 AM
I've been seeing posters for Conduit 2 at every GameStop I've visited for the past 4 months or so. They're not small either. Sure, it's not the most effective advertising, but it's not as if advertising for the game is non-existent.

I'm pretty sure that the positive word of mouth from players will help the game gather some momentum, especially among the Goldeneye Wii crowd.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#4Number_34Posted 4/13/2011 11:23:33 AM
They are probably not trying to over hype this game like the last game.
#5UltimateFlame13Posted 4/13/2011 11:49:35 AM
Number_34 posted...
They are probably not trying to over hype this game like the last game.

that was fine months ago. Now's the time they need to hit hard and get people interested.
---
PSN: LawnGnome93, Let me know if you add me.
"Sometimes assassinating a dude can be your biggest tell." - Ryan Davis
#6BrownsM1Posted 4/13/2011 1:01:35 PM
Valdimir_Drega posted...
I've been seeing posters for Conduit 2 at every GameStop I've visited for the past 4 months or so. They're not small either. Sure, it's not the most effective advertising, but it's not as if advertising for the game is non-existent.

same here. I've been seeing posters for this in Gamestop since I bought Goldeneye on day 1 and they're pretty big posters about pre-ordering to get the gold armor, art book and whatever the other bonuses are.
---
them1clan.webs.com Black Ops AC: 3879-1777-2481
Before you die you see the Tails Doll ~ Can you feel the sunshine?
#7ff_10_masterPosted 4/13/2011 1:17:19 PM
yea, i see those posters all the time (then again my gamestop still has black ops posters up...)
---
yo im MC Lethal Weapon 1, 2, and 3.
i really liked those movies but the fourth dissapointed me! - MC Lethal Weapon 1, 2, and 3, wtf collective
#8Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/13/2011 3:17:40 PM
That's all good and fine that they're advertising at Gamestop, but what about TV ads? Or online ads? They had some on IGN and other sites last time, I haven't seen anything online as of yet. How will the general public, who, let's face it, doesn't necessarily go to Gamestop, have any idea that this game even exists? Seriously, for a game that releases in 6 days, it's being as quiet as a mouse.

A dead mouse.
#9Brownprouder23Posted 4/13/2011 3:29:21 PM
I'm not even getting my copy from Gamestop. I don't know if there are any posters up from that store. Every time I drive by one, the only posters I see on display on their windows are Mortal Kombat posters and the occasional Portal 2 posters. I've seen some Portal 2 ads on buses in the city, too.

Just a weird thought. Portal 2 and Conduit 2.....a conduit is technically a portal?
#10PedroMontanaPosted 4/13/2011 4:56:57 PM
This is not Halo 5 or GTA 5 or Super Mario Universe or Zelda.
Sequels to 6.9/10 games that sell 500k usually dont get a huge TV campaign.

TCon got a little TV campaign, online ads, a special edition and a later rerelease in the violence pack bundle with MadWorld and HotD Overkill, that was far more then it deserved.

C2 already has a special edition announced and Sega is working with GS for promotion. I'm sure online ads will show up.
TV ads would be great, but i wouldn't be surprised if there won't be any. I agree it would be a missed opportunity, but i wouldn't be surprised.
---
No More Heroes