About default online name.

#1ReedeemerPosted 4/15/2011 11:27:16 PM
Has HVS mentioned anything about it this time around? I hope that we have to choose a name before playing online so we don't have all these Mr. Fords running around.
---
AKA: Zetro, RZetro, Zetro-X ::::: Conduit 2, LBP2
Wii: 3243-5366-6626-7303 ::: PSN: Zetro-X
#2incognito3Posted 4/15/2011 11:31:10 PM
Does it REALLY make a difference?
---
Oy! Incognito3 or Martian. Leader of TPC. Fan of Selena Gomez and Mr. ShockZz. ( xD )
Sir, Just calm down. Take a Deep breath please.
#3Reedeemer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2011 11:39:14 PM
Yeah actually. I hated when you'd find a good player online and you couldn't get in touch with them because you didn't know their real online name. Even now that we can add players as rivals, it would be hard to keep track of who's who if we have all these 'Mr.Fords' on there. Or if we encounter a glitcher/etc. online and we can't report them to Ninten because everyone has that name.
---
#4The_ShaderPosted 4/16/2011 1:03:22 AM
Reedeemer posted...
Yeah actually. I hated when you'd find a good player online and you couldn't get in touch with them because you didn't know their real online name. Even now that we can add players as rivals, it would be hard to keep track of who's who if we have all these 'Mr.Fords' on there. Or if we encounter a glitcher/etc. online and we can't report them to Ninten because everyone has that name.

Nintendo wouldnt do ****, even if the game was hacked and turned into some sort of teletubby sing along game.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#5Omega_CannonPosted 4/16/2011 2:02:02 AM
I've seen a few people with the name. I'm guessing Mr. Ford is default.
#6Reedeemer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2011 9:09:57 AM
@Shader: Actually they did for a while in the beginning(at least until they realized that the problem was too big). I remember there was a site where you could report them to Nintendo and they would investigate or something to ban their IP from the game. I'll try to look for the url, but I also meant HVS not just Nin.

@Omega_Cannon: :\ oh well then i guess :S
---