UK Review from "Guardian"

#1LigersRulePosted 4/16/2011 7:17:34 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/apr/17/conduit-2-michael-ford-review

It's not too in-depth, but.... well, here are some quotes, for those too lazy to read.

.....certainly, this is a more accomplished release than its predecessor.....
....It's a more substantial campaign than you'll find in recent shooters such as Homefront, with additional missions and secrets adding replay value and a certain self-awareness that was lacking from the rather humourless original......
.....Although some of Ford's enemies suggest that if there is life out there, it's not necessarily intelligent, most demonstrate more of a survival instinct than their suicidal counterparts from the original game......
.....It's a convincing reminder of how well-suited the Wii's unique controllers are for the shooter genre.....
.....High Voltage certainly hasn't skimped on the content offering split-screen as well as online play across all game types though at times it does feel as if quantity was a greater concern than quality.....
....the fast-paced action is rarely less than entertaining, making Conduit 2 a solid addition to the relatively slim line-up of shooters on Nintendo's console......

So, decent review. They seem pretty happy with the game, though they don't give a score.
---
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin
#2Phasmatis92Posted 4/16/2011 7:59:07 PM
Nice!
A much more informative and reasoned review than the quite vague NP one.
#3LazzyIyePosted 4/16/2011 8:01:31 PM
Great review! High Five for reviews without scores
#4The_ShaderPosted 4/16/2011 8:57:25 PM
A review that doesnt give a score?

me like.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#5Maximo37Posted 4/17/2011 7:09:51 AM
**Make me even more excited for the release day... great little bullet points of goodness listed...
---
What a horrible night to have a curse...
#6ddd87Posted 4/17/2011 7:44:01 AM
Two reviewers already have complaints about the AI, if that is the only problem with the game, then Im all good
#7Mac-LeoidPosted 4/17/2011 10:32:19 AM
So far no real look at the online which is what I'm mostly interested in. You'd think they would setup something to give the reviewers a go at it.