Why i will not buy the game i have been waiting a year for.

#1thezachsterPosted 4/16/2011 9:01:54 PM
I have decided, that i will not be buying Conduit 2. The Conduit has been my favorite game up to date and probably will be forever. That being said, i will not be buying the sequel. This was my most anticipated game of the year, i was so looking forward to enjoying a game made by a great company, High Voltage Software. But it turns out, i will not. I have sufficient funds, i have the ability to buy it easily, but i will not, for a few reasons.

I always thought that HVS was an honest company. I remember when they hit 3 million, and it was pretty certain a sequel would happen, i was so excited. Then recently i heard about a few things, these few things have dissuaded me from buying this game.

I really dislike how HVS/Sega/Nintendo are forcing the user to buy things to be able to gain the most out of this game.

For one, HVS is using a headset to communicate. Great! I thought to myself. I would be using wiispeak still, but the annoying people who echo a lot would be much less. Talking to everyone! Great!.

But then i heard, they aren't even letting one utilize wiispeak. I'm not sure about most people, but Tcon1 was my first game buying wiispeak for and i think only the 3rd on wii. And already they won't let me use one of THEIR products i bought.

"So,"I think to myself." I have my usb headset for my ps3, surely i will be able to just plug that into the usb slot in my wii instead!" But alas, this is not true. Nintendo/Sega/HVS have decided that they will only support a specific model of headset.

You may tell me that i don't need to use voice chat, but that is one reason why i loved the conduit. At the time, i only had a wii, and it was so neat being able to communicate with my team. Also, to enjoy this game to the fullest extent, for myself at least, communicating with my good friends as well as teammates seems to be an amenity.

The next thing that annoyed me was the support of the classic controller. If anyone has played a wii FPS and then one using a dual analog stick controller on PS360, you would know that no matter how amazing and steady your hand is, dual analog stick provides much more precision and the ability to snap on to a target. I do not own a classic controller, and thus i would be at a disadvantage against those who use the classic controller. Again i thought to myself, "Well i have a usb controller for pc games and ps3, surely i will be able to use that and plug it in to the usb slot on in the wii!" but no. Again only their model of products are allowed to be used.

Do not post, a little more left to write
---
Zach- TPC Leader............GI~Zach- Mwii- 2315-6210-4899 Gold Guns: 3
TCon-4554-7727-9847 PSN: TheZachster
#2thezachster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2011 9:02:04 PM
This is so different than the other competing consoles, I can buy some random brand controller, and it will still work perfectly in my ps3. It should be that i don't have to buy a playstation brand controller to play on it, and you don't.

The controller and the headset together cost 50 dollars about. I understood when i bought wiispeak just for TCon1, because there was nothing i had at the time that was the same. But this now is just absurd. My headset and controller look and work the same as nintendo's brand things. Yet if i want to play this game to be the best possible (gamebattles etc) i would need to spend at least another 50 dollars on top of the 50 for the game (Not sure about how Wii motion + affects anything). This is completely ridiculous that i would have to rebuy things i already own.

In conclusion, i will not be supporting HVS this year. The fact that i have to spend money for things i have is just absurd, and has caused me to not purchase this game i was looking forward to for years.

For the way i play, i would need to buy these things, so don't go tell me "You don't HAVE to buy these things" To get the full enjoyment out of games i prefer to have the ability to compete with others. Its the reason i just purchased a new gaming headset for ps3 (which btw will not work with wii either). Well theres my 2 cents. HVSTony, if you ever read this, you have let me down. I always loved HVS because they interacted with the community and listened to our wants/ideas/concerns. I am truly unhappy with your service at this point.

TL:DR-I'm not buying Tcon2 because they are making you buy items i already own

Sincerelly,
Zach
---
#3AZN_FLiPSTAHPosted 4/16/2011 9:07:42 PM
What would Jesus do?
---
^FOR YOUR VIDEOGAMING NEWS^ http://www.leakybattery.com/
MH3 - Sir Nico (49W5EB)
#4The_ShaderPosted 4/16/2011 9:16:25 PM
thezachster posted...
If anyone has played a wii FPS and then one using a dual analog stick controller on PS360, you would know that no matter how amazing and steady your hand is, dual analog stick provides much more precision and the ability to snap on to a target.

..... To make sure i dont sound like a fanboy, i'm going to explain why this is total bull ****. But a thought occurred the moment i typed that, and the thought was "i dont care enough to discuss this again."

So... you get a few sentences combined into one with the help of some grammar magic... thats it.

"Wiimote is more precise then any dual analogue controller, and with the addition of Motion+, the peripheral becomes an even grander means of controlling a game."
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#5ZvolTxPosted 4/16/2011 9:20:38 PM
So many things about this are wrong.

The Wiimote is 100x greater than the dual analog. Period. I used to play GE with the CCP, and I was good, but when I switched to Wiimote, I got better tenfold. Dual analogs just cant match the precision and speed thats possible with the Wiimote.

Also your not FORCED to buy the headbanger. And I don't get why you are upset about not getting to use wiispeak.. it sucked and it was impossible to understand anything anyone said. Not to mention the fact that wiispeak lagged the game alot, whereas the Headbanger doesn't give nearly as much.

Oh and with you complaining you cant just plug in any old headset... Do you want to also plug in a USB mouse too? Man I HATE that they wont let me use mouse and keyboard on a WII game!!! Stupid nintendo is trying to make me spend money by buying wii controllers when I already have a mouse!!!

Not wanting to flame you or anything. I'm just thinking you are being a little critical of them and I find that to be a terrible reason to not get such a great game that you have been looking toward to for so long.
---
GE007:: S]-Elza-[D
Greatest Haiku of all time: Refrigerator - Refrigerator Again -I'm Outa Cheese Whiz :(
#6thezachster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2011 9:23:53 PM
*sigh* i knew i would get some responses trying to contradict my thoughts. These are just my thoughts, and by no mean fact. In my own personal experience, dual analog seems to be more precise. If i'm playing the conduit, or MW:R, another wii FPS, i find that i can't snap on to targets and keep them there as well as if i was using a dual analog stick controller. I came to this conclusion by just playing with both. My friend owns black ops on the wii and also has a classic controller.

It might be just me, and for you the wiimote is more precise. In my own case, i would not be able to play this game as well against CCP users as against other wiimote users. I feel like i would be at a disadvantage, however slight.
---
#7SmallerRidleyPosted 4/16/2011 9:25:52 PM
You already made this topic. You will get the same responses, probably now with extra vitrol. Enjoy!
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#8Icuras08Posted 4/16/2011 9:26:33 PM
dual analog stick provides much more precision and the dual analog stick provides much more precision and the ability to snap on to a target

Conduit 2 has no "snap on to a target" or any form of aim assist for the Classic controller. But since dual-analogs are soo "precise", it doesn't need it, right?

Also, why not use Skype or your PS3 to talk to your friends? Or do you really want to talk to random rivals?
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/16/2011 9:27:38 PM
silly.

The situation with peripherals is complicated, Everybody wants a monopoly, so nothing is compatible. HVS is simply caught up in it, as are we all.

Wiimote is not disadvantaged to CCP, It offers its own sets of advantages for those accustomed to them, but overall pointer controls are easier and offer more. Even if it did offer some slight objective advantage, so what?
Do you spend money to ensure that you will not suffer from lag, or switch ISP's to find the one that gives you the best ping?
You think what you buy will make you a winner, No. It is how you play that ultimately makes the difference.
#10SmallerRidleyPosted 4/16/2011 9:28:59 PM
I take that back. You will get the same responses, with added rebuttals to your assertion of dual-analog superiority, and some vitrol.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.