"Midnight launch? Sure, you can come in and get it then if you want"

#1Turndawg107Posted 4/17/2011 1:07:02 PM
Just double-checked with my local gamestop if there was going to be a midnight release for Conduit 2. His response?

"Well it's a choice thing, but since we're holding a midnight event for Mortal Kombat, Portal 2, and SOCOM, I'm sure you can still come and pick that up if you want."

Dear god, every time a major Wii game launches coincidentally with some HD twin game, I get this comment that the Wii game is somehow undeserving of a special release, but since a game coming out for any other console is getting some high-profile launch, I get the ability to come in and get what I want.
#2SafetyFistPosted 4/17/2011 1:45:51 PM
Well this game isn't that high profile. If it was a big series I'd be surprised that they aren't giving it attention, but yeah.
---
a.k.aFlame, Playing: Borderlands (PC)
"Just get your murder on and we'll pretend nobody saw nothin'."- Scooter
#3typhone004Posted 4/17/2011 1:46:42 PM
I was thinking of going to the midnight release and when I leave the store screaming "I got the last copy!" to the line outside (assuming there is one) while holding up the bag, waiting a few seconds, then saying "of conduit 2!"
---
Your signature is appended to the bottom of every post you make.
#4Skizam33Posted 4/17/2011 1:57:09 PM
Makes perfect sense to me. Conduit 2 is not nearly as big as Portal 2.
#5Turndawg107(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2011 2:22:05 PM
I wouldn't be making a deal out of it if it wasn't the case for every single time a Wii game, regardless of profile, gets the same treatment every time time it coincides with a HD twin release. It is just irritating to hear such a brazen statement when the guy could have just said "yes."
#6SupahShnipaPosted 4/17/2011 3:54:21 PM
Let's be honest, the general public couldn't care less about this gme.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#7SafetyFistPosted 4/17/2011 4:02:53 PM

Let's be honest, the general public couldn't care less about this gme.

yep. this pretty much. Can't blame random gamestop employee #3665 for not being more enthusiastic.
---
a.k.aFlame, Playing: Borderlands (PC)
"Just get your murder on and we'll pretend nobody saw nothin'."- Scooter
#8psychobrewPosted 4/17/2011 6:05:48 PM
My gamestop encouraged me to come in and pick it up. It wasn't until I gave the guy at the register a confused look that he said there were other games coming out too.
#9IcyBlaze_XZPosted 4/18/2011 12:30:36 AM
makes you wonder why sega decided to pick the same day as three AAA HD console games to release this.

Probably didn't think that one all the way through.
---
XBL: IcyBlaze Ninja, PSN: IcyBlazeNinja,
Wii FC: Too lazy too look up. Just ask.
#10VermineaterPosted 4/18/2011 2:48:35 AM
Or maybe they did. None of those other titles are on Wii.
---
VE - RIer, WM Cashier, Video Game Enthusiast
"Oh well, looks like we got a professor of exiting houses here!" -Yukito, about me