"Midnight launch? Sure, you can come in and get it then if you want"

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. "Midnight launch? Sure, you can come in and get it then if you want"
4 years ago#1
Just double-checked with my local gamestop if there was going to be a midnight release for Conduit 2. His response?

"Well it's a choice thing, but since we're holding a midnight event for Mortal Kombat, Portal 2, and SOCOM, I'm sure you can still come and pick that up if you want."

Dear god, every time a major Wii game launches coincidentally with some HD twin game, I get this comment that the Wii game is somehow undeserving of a special release, but since a game coming out for any other console is getting some high-profile launch, I get the ability to come in and get what I want.
4 years ago#2
Well this game isn't that high profile. If it was a big series I'd be surprised that they aren't giving it attention, but yeah.
---
a.k.aFlame, Playing: Borderlands (PC)
"Just get your murder on and we'll pretend nobody saw nothin'."- Scooter
4 years ago#3
I was thinking of going to the midnight release and when I leave the store screaming "I got the last copy!" to the line outside (assuming there is one) while holding up the bag, waiting a few seconds, then saying "of conduit 2!"
---
Your signature is appended to the bottom of every post you make.
4 years ago#4
Makes perfect sense to me. Conduit 2 is not nearly as big as Portal 2.
4 years ago#5
I wouldn't be making a deal out of it if it wasn't the case for every single time a Wii game, regardless of profile, gets the same treatment every time time it coincides with a HD twin release. It is just irritating to hear such a brazen statement when the guy could have just said "yes."
4 years ago#6
Let's be honest, the general public couldn't care less about this gme.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
4 years ago#7

Let's be honest, the general public couldn't care less about this gme.

yep. this pretty much. Can't blame random gamestop employee #3665 for not being more enthusiastic.
---
a.k.aFlame, Playing: Borderlands (PC)
"Just get your murder on and we'll pretend nobody saw nothin'."- Scooter
4 years ago#8
My gamestop encouraged me to come in and pick it up. It wasn't until I gave the guy at the register a confused look that he said there were other games coming out too.
4 years ago#9
makes you wonder why sega decided to pick the same day as three AAA HD console games to release this.

Probably didn't think that one all the way through.
---
XBL: IcyBlaze Ninja, PSN: IcyBlazeNinja,
Wii FC: Too lazy too look up. Just ask.
4 years ago#10
Or maybe they did. None of those other titles are on Wii.
---
VE - RIer, WM Cashier, Video Game Enthusiast
"Oh well, looks like we got a professor of exiting houses here!" -Yukito, about me
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. "Midnight launch? Sure, you can come in and get it then if you want"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived