First impressions from a long time Conduit 1 fan

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. First impressions from a long time Conduit 1 fan
4 years ago#1
I was a huge tcon fan and needless to say C2 was something I was looking forward to for a long time. Until I actually got to play it that is. Right off the bat I noticed that the controls are straight crap. How this could happen in 2011 I have no idea. The walk speed is depressingly slow, just like the first. Did the devs every actually play tcon? When is there a time in an online FPS where you have to traverse the map at a snails pace?

The maps seem to be very poorly designed so far. Much bigger and more diverse than the first game but just badly designed and the spawning is terrible. Out of the 3-4 matches I played I spawned in front of an enemy with my back facing them at least 3 times. These matches were no where near full either so I can only see the problem getting worse during a full match of 6v6.

There is no seperate ADS settings meaning if you set the deadzone really low (the way the game controls best) it makes using ADS near impossible. What happens is that the up/down turning is super sensitive and as a result you need to make the deadzone bigger, this in turn screws up non-ADS aiming. Another thing broken is that if you zoom in, you don't zoom where you were pointing. I found myself ADSing with the scar to kill someone only to see nothing but sky every time I zoomed in. I soon noticed that this only happens when you ADS while the cursor is inside the deadzone, any zooming while turning (cursor is out of deadzone) seems to zoom right where you were pointing.

Haven't ran into anyone in pubs yet with new weapons other than the strike rifle but did try some out in private. The smaw is actually more deadly now than it was in the original, what was HVS thinking?

Pros:

Graphics are vastly superior to the original and overall pretty damn good

Cons:

Terrible controls
Not enough customization for controls
Bad map design
Bad spawning
Disgustingly slow movement speed
Lag

In the end it seems that everything got worse from the first game other than the graphics. It seems as though HVS had all these cool ideas and simply failed to implement them because they don't ever play games other than to test them. This game is lacking in the most important aspect of any game - fun.
---
Warrior Black Ops - 4501 6286 9533
http://www.youtube.com/user/ghrrc6
4 years ago#2

dont decide so quickly a day at least

4 years ago#3
It's called Sprinting, Einstein.
4 years ago#4
Oh my gawd this game rocks and is about 1000X better so far. I played the first level and 4 multiplayer matches. This game is epic. I love the controls and love the sprint. Everything is still customizable. I love the credit system and the online store is cool. If a host quites the game goes on and re host someone else. And are you out you f-in mind? The level are awesomely designed.

Flawless! Err...so far anyways.
4 years ago#5
Phasmatis92 posted...
It's called Sprinting, Einstein.

Oh really? wow how did I ever manage to get by in this world before you came along with your wise advice. The sprinting is extremely slow too and doesn't really help much at all.

For anyone else that doesn't know who I am, I was one of the best tcon players. I know how to play FPS games very well and I also know how to recognize major flaws when I see them. I'm not some noob that talks out my ass and sucks at gaming, like so many other people that frequent gamefaqs.
---
4 years ago#6
First weeks of Black Ops were so terrible that it even makes your rants look inferior.

just give it some time, not everyone got the game so if you were facing 2 or 3 guys, they were probably running EVERYWHERE looking to kill someone.

And whats up with everyone saying its slow... Is everyone really use to CoD? Theres a sprint button for virgin mary's sake.. And a unlimited sprint perk..
---
^FOR YOUR VIDEOGAMING NEWS^ http://www.leakybattery.com/
MH3 - Sir Nico (49W5EB)
4 years ago#7
AZN_FLiPSTAH posted...
First weeks of Black Ops were so terrible that it even makes your rants look inferior.

just give it some time, not everyone got the game so if you were facing 2 or 3 guys, they were probably running EVERYWHERE looking to kill someone.

And whats up with everyone saying its slow... Is everyone really use to CoD? Theres a sprint button for virgin mary's sake.. And a unlimited sprint perk..

The sprint speed is what the regular walking speed should be. The movement is not fast at all and this was a problem with the first game too. I was willing to overlook it in the first game but seeing as it was such an obvious flaw and they never fixed it, I'm not willing to overlook it this time around. The people I met online were actually better than average because I recognized several of the names from other Wii shooters. There wasn't too much of a problem finding people because you essentially spawn on top of them.

I'm still going to play more to see if my opinion changes but with the broken controls and overall lackluster game pace I'm having a hard time seeing how things will change enough to impress me.
---
4 years ago#8
Warrior0420 posted...

I know how to play FPS games very well and I also know how to recognize major flaws when I see them. I'm not some noob that talks out my ass and sucks at gaming, like so many other people that frequent gamefaqs.

Same and I see no flaws except maybe the sprint isn't overly fast but it is still at least double the walk speed.
4 years ago#9
Nice first impressions. Not gonna buy this game right away like I did with TC. I'm still gonna wait for more reviews. Just to put things in perspective, HVS has not made a decent game in all of their years in the industry.
4 years ago#10
Warrior0420 posted...
AZN_FLiPSTAH posted...

The sprint speed is what the regular walking speed should be. The movement is not fast at all and this was a problem with the first game too. I was willing to overlook it in the first game but seeing as it was such an obvious flaw and they never fixed it, I'm not willing to overlook it this time around. The people I met online were actually better than average because I recognized several of the names from other Wii shooters. There wasn't too much of a problem finding people because you essentially spawn on top of them.

I'm still going to play more to see if my opinion changes but with the broken controls and overall lackluster game pace I'm having a hard time seeing how things will change enough to impress me.

The speed comments are big red flag because as you said the first game was already really slow, so if this game is even slower than that is going to be a problem for me, but i hear there is an unlimited sprint perk so it shouldn't too bad for me.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. First impressions from a long time Conduit 1 fan

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived