A bittersweet joy...

#1Testament EternalPosted 4/19/2011 12:28:27 PM
So, I can't help but wonder if anyone else has experienced anything like this so far. Since picking this up at a midnight release I've already had some interesting issues with the game. Already had it freeze up twice (both times during voice overs, something I can't ever remember happening to me in the first Conduit), which isn't something unheard of, obviously, but still a tad irritating. I shrugged it off, figuring it was just part of breaking the game in. Oh, but there was more fun to be had.

Soon after triggering the third primer in the generator-like room on the rig, I exited onto an outdoor catwalk only to find a gate blocking the way that I could not get past no matter what I tried. I looked online to see if any gameplay videos had yet been posted & sure enough, the player got past the third primer & that gate was not there. I tried various things...shot it, chucked grenades, jumped/ran at it, scanned it over with the ASE, restarted the mission from the last checkpoint multiple times hoping it would pop, before finally quitting, taking the disc out, cleaning it, and restarting. I even went to the point of deleting the file and starting over. Nope. Damn gate was still there.

I was too aggravated & tired to make a post about this so early in the morning, so I went to bed & after a couple hours & just put the game on again. Lo and behold, the HVS gods must have felt my rage, & the freakin' gate was gone. FINALLY! I certainly was NOT looking forward to a trip back to Gamestop in the rain to replace this.

Still, this worries me. I wonder if these are glitches that may have a chance of occurring universally, or if my particular copy of the game is messed up somehow. It looked fine when I opened it, & other functions within the game have shown no problems. I keep my Wii console & games clean & in good repair, so cleanliness certainly should not be an issue. Also, are there going to be more bugs like this throughout the game? I can understand small mistakes, but things that actually can keep you from progressing are a pretty big deal. If so, I can't help but finally feel a touch of disappointment towards an underdog developer that I otherwise have enjoyed supporting.

Best of luck to everyone else; I hope nothing like this begins to occur at a more widespread pace for other players. I guess if anything, I'd just have to bid farewell to single player & just start concentrating on multiplayer. Unfortunate.
---
~ Testament: Lost Soul Searching for Redemption ~
[PWAB Risk Rating: S]
#2Testament Eternal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2011 2:11:26 PM
And the saga continues...actually enjoying the game a bit more now that it's working properly. ^_^; Back in D.C. & rockin' with the SCAR. Good times.
---
#3Testament Eternal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2011 2:45:19 PM
I appear to have found a radio in the D.C. mission that contains an audio segment featuring a rappin' Drudge. Pretty entertaining.
---
#4clarkorama74Posted 4/19/2011 4:24:02 PM
the same thing happened to me! i got to the catwalk and both doors were closed and nothing i did would get me through. also, there was a random rectangle close to the wall kind of floating in the air. i wonder if that has anything to do with the glitch. reluctantly, i'll turn off the wii and let it sit for awhile and try again. hopefully this will work.
#5TEGCaptFalconPosted 4/19/2011 4:41:35 PM
yea i kinda like conduit 1 better didn tfind any glitches offline
#6RareSpycrabPosted 4/19/2011 4:46:10 PM
These problems are offline right? Good, then everything is fine.
#7Testament Eternal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2011 4:53:57 PM
Well, there are extra credits/unlockables to be earned through single player, so I've been going through that first.
---
#8SmallerRidleyPosted 4/19/2011 4:54:08 PM
Only issue I've had is audio desynching during the cutscenes.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#9Testament Eternal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2011 12:50:01 PM
Gotten to the point of trying out the Eclipse & the Phase Rifle, both of which are fun. At the China boss fight as of last night. Trying to figure out a good method for dodging the projectiles; I always seem to at least get singed by the splash damage. Sure wish I had increased running speed/infinite sprint right about now, heh. Also can't tell if jumping helps against the ground slam move or not, as I still seem to take some damage & get flung away even if I jump. Must depend on how far away you are when he does it.
---
#10The_ShaderPosted 4/20/2011 12:54:08 PM
Audio desynching, and the Catwalk Glitch. So far, the only fix for the Catwalk Glitch is remaking your file. So after you get past the first level, then its time to start mutliplayer and such. ((Cuz you cant restart a level, only restart at the last checkpoint. Which doesnt help.))

i have also fell out of the floor in the Platform Level once.

But after the Platform level, no glitches, not one. Except the audio thing.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"