@hvstony/bob/ whoever: i gotta ask...

#1donkeypunch1116Posted 4/19/2011 11:17:59 PM
seriously, who is in charge of the actual gameplay concepts at hvs studios? i ask because...

who the hell seriously thought some of these ideas were actually good?!

first, let me say that that in certain areas, you guys have really outdone yourselves.
bravo to the art team, because man this game can be downright beautiful at times. the direction taken with the art is just awesome.
as far the weapons ideas and other things like that, bravo again. some of the coolest weapons ive seen in any fps belong to the conduit games, and the persons responsible should be proud.

now, on the flipside, weve got the gameplay...

lock-on still sucks, and i still feel like a noob for racking up kills with it. it was a horrible idea then, and its still a horrible one now.
the controls actually seem to be stripped down from the first game. seriously? how is this possible?
the slow movement was pretty bad in the first game, and i though surely the guys responsible wouldve learned a lesson from this. apparently not. sprinting helps, but cmon, the movement is still too slow
bunny hopping. again, horrible idea in the first game, everyone complained, but its still here, noobing it up...
and now all of the tdm and team objective are tied together into a one and only one option. WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?! it sucks, and the persons responsible need a boot to the head.

all in all, i truly believe you guys have a amazing team when it comes to certain aspects. however, whoever is making these insane, idiotic decisions in regards to the gameplay in your studios games needs to be let go, as they are just holding an otherwise talent dev studio down. sorry, but truth is truth.
---
-
PUNCHOUT1116 - eagerly awaiting: mortal kombat and conduit 2. wwe allstars rocks :D
#2AnotherVisitorPosted 4/19/2011 11:26:29 PM
Doesn't hardcore eliminate lock-on?
---
In europe we don't have big boy games. Our spokesman Nigel PSP espouses the virtues of large lad games.
They're "the bees knees" as he says.
#3mysockshurt101Posted 4/19/2011 11:32:15 PM
if there is any possible way for them to patch it so that there's TDM, Team Objective, FFA Deatmatch, and FFA Objective(?) then that would be awesome, of course with their own hardcore counterparts.

i don't have too much of a problem with bunny hopping, apparently other people do, but i do have a problem with the speed, honestly i don't think the game needs sprint if you can just speed up the game, let along crouch and sprint on the same button, for Wm+NC users this isn't too much of a problem but i see it as a problem with CCPro users...i could just be indifferent.

and i agree completely with the control customization...beef it up, there was more in the first game, and it seems you just got lazy and condensed everything.

i'm having a blast otherwise with this game tho, after i figured out how to set my controls and sensitivities.
---
"Don't worry, the claptraps don't feel a thing. It's no worse than stealing a drifter's kidneys and leaving him in a tub of rice. What? Ice? Uh-oh..."
#4donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2011 11:33:26 PM
^yeah, but the controls shortcomings are that much more obvious in hc mode.

i dont understand though, why they kept lock on in the first place. there is ccpro support for people who cant handle the wiimote, so theres no excuse.
---
-
PUNCHOUT1116 - eagerly awaiting: mortal kombat and conduit 2. wwe allstars rocks :D
#5donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2011 11:34:04 PM
post was @ av btw
---
-
#6ddd87Posted 4/20/2011 3:14:45 AM
There is no this person is responsible, the whole gameplay and online team were aware of those things. And since youre requesting the responsible people to get fired, I wouldnt expect any kind of answer from hvs.
Besides, if they made another playlist for TD (with only two game modes btw) someone would be complaining about that too...
#7Lunch-LadyPosted 4/20/2011 3:48:42 AM

First thing DP stop using Lock-on. I haven't yet and think the controls are fine. There are some flaws to the game but I am going to let them try to update out the nonsense if they can.

#8Avatar_TaxidousPosted 4/20/2011 6:05:33 AM

donkeypunch1116 posted...
^yeah, but the controls shortcomings are that much more obvious in hc mode. i dont understand though, why they kept lock on in the first place. there is ccpro support for people who cant handle the wiimote, so theres no excuse.

The controls work 100 percent perfectly for me. Lock-on doesn't even put your cursor on your targeted opponent, it just centers your camera on them and puts a circle around them. And if you don't like the lock-on you can play Hardcore mode, so yeah... not sure why you're having a wee breakdown donkey.

#9namVVoaPosted 4/20/2011 6:06:48 AM
Lock-on and bunny hopping make the game so cheap and boring, just like the first one.

Here is what everyone does in multiplayer: 1) Hold lock on, 2) Keep bunny hopping, 3) Spam the Spas or 4) just spam the melee button when you are 2 ft away and get a kill.

Seriously, what was HVS thinking? At least Ubisoft IMPROVED on their horrendous first game, Red Steel and made Red Steel 2. I was hoping the same with TC and C2 but I guess it didn't happen. HVS is a piss poor gaming company that needs to stop making games. They were either high when making C2 or just really really stupid.
#10knifejugglingPosted 4/20/2011 6:13:16 AM
I am about ready to say F this game.

Connection to lobbies is absolute crap. More then half games it gives me fing Connection to all players lost.
I can connect easily on the BO servers where there are thousands more players.

I was just in a lobby where I was the ONLY PLAYER and it gave me that message. If the game really doesn't want me to play then F it and the people who don't know how to operate the servers.

The campaign is good I enjoyed that.

The store and profile are fine too.

The rest is all crap and should be scrapped and redone. You put the date back on the release how many times and This is the result? Fail.

The microphone doesn't work and it works on the other games. Now that might be me and something I have not figured out yet but still.

GET THE ACT TOGETHER.