@hvstony/bob/ whoever: i gotta ask...

#11raysnds1Posted 4/20/2011 7:37:05 AM
why do people post anonymously on chat board? Always starting off w/ compliments...then to their complaints...then to idle threats about not playing the game?

contact HSV....email...phone...mail....(there's various ways).....send them a list of your concerns, w/ an explanation of how the issue is replicated. after which...put your contact information in case they need to do a follow-up w/ you.....

this is how itís done in every other software company...they are no different
#12knifejugglingPosted 4/20/2011 9:18:46 AM
raysnds1 posted...
why do people post anonymously on chat board? Always starting off w/ compliments...then to their complaints...then to idle threats about not playing the game?

contact HSV....email...phone...mail....(there's various ways).....send them a list of your concerns, w/ an explanation of how the issue is replicated. after which...put your contact information in case they need to do a follow-up w/ you.....

It wasn't anonymously first off since I have a name..I have been posting on the threads for awhile now.

As for complaints. Well because there is stuff to complain about. I have sent them an email already. So you can stop your own complainng now.
#13raysnds1Posted 4/20/2011 9:20:57 AM
knifejuggling posted...
raysnds1 posted...

It wasn't anonymously first off since I have a name..I have been posting on the threads for awhile now.

As for complaints. Well because there is stuff to complain about. I have sent them an email already. So you can stop your own complainng now.

oh boy....ya got me there!
#14namVVoaPosted 4/20/2011 9:21:28 AM
It's hilarious that HVS delayed this game THREE times to "polish" it up and yet it still has connection issues and glitches.

Just imagine how bad this game would have been had it released in November like it was suppose to.
#15knifejugglingPosted 4/20/2011 9:22:32 AM
raysnds1 posted...
knifejuggling posted...
raysnds1 posted...

oh boy....ya got me there!

My first post was at least useful and putting out my views on the game....Your own post was simply talking about mine. So what was the point?
#16psychobrewPosted 4/20/2011 9:27:26 AM

namVVoa posted...
It's hilarious that HVS delayed this game THREE times to "polish" it up and yet it still has connection issues and glitches.

Just imagine how bad this game would have been had it released in November like it was suppose to.

Minor connection issues. Most of which are resolved by starting the game and in my experience only happen at all if you leave your Wii on but untouched while signed in (i.e. you take a break to eat dinner).

Goldeneye had issues when it came out (and is still really choppy).

Black Ops had issues when it first came out (and still does).

Conduit 2 has a few minor issues, yet people blow them out of proportion compared to other games.

#17_Azeal_Posted 4/20/2011 9:31:42 AM
Okay, seriously, you cannot keep blaming HVS for connections issues. Connection comes down to your own connection, and the other players. Do you expect HVS to pay for the best internet provider, and bundle wired connection... uhh...wires... with every game?
---
MPH FC: 5156-0451-0965
Dead Sexy [DS] B.S. ,GE007 FC: 5165-5594-7659
#18raysnds1Posted 4/20/2011 9:47:03 AM

My first post was at least useful and putting out my views on the game....Your own post was simply talking about mine. So what was the point?

ok...lets discuss....

your initinal posting makes you sound juvenile...excluding your age (which is an unknown factor at this moment). I work for a software company as a call dispatcher, basically acting as a liasion between the cutomer and the support techs/programmers/managment/development...etc....

I hear normal people..mixed w/ compliments and complaints...monday through friday...8am to 5pm EST....

If your sincere about getting issue resolved, you document what issues you have found and how they occur. the issues your experiencing maybe out of the developers hands or it is.....

If i got you on the phone, and personal insults were the initial tone of the conversation....your not going to get help....its the truth.....i'll just pass you to some customer manager......but if you call unhappy w/ a clearhead and wish to discuss the issues your having, I'm going to get development & tech support involved. The ending result may end up in a batch fix or new release that may fix the problem your having. With nintendo's blessing....we're finally allowed patching on this game.

additionally stating that something "sucks or stinks" doenst help either.....you won't get help.....why help someone that isn't going to use the product anyways?
#19knifejugglingPosted 4/20/2011 9:54:37 AM
raysnds1 posted...

ok...lets discuss....

your initinal posting makes you sound juvenile...excluding your age (which is an unknown factor at this moment). I work for a software company as a call dispatcher, basically acting as a liasion between the cutomer and the support techs/programmers/managment/development...etc....

I hear normal people..mixed w/ compliments and complaints...monday through friday...8am to 5pm EST....

If your sincere about getting issue resolved, you document what issues you have found and how they occur. the issues your experiencing maybe out of the developers hands or it is.....

If i got you on the phone, and personal insults were the initial tone of the conversation....your not going to get help....its the truth.....i'll just pass you to some customer manager......but if you call unhappy w/ a clearhead and wish to discuss the issues your having, I'm going to get development & tech support involved. The ending result may end up in a batch fix or new release that may fix the problem your having. With nintendo's blessing....we're finally allowed patching on this game.

additionally stating that something "sucks or stinks" doenst help either.....you won't get help.....why help someone that isn't going to use the product anyways?

Let us discuss further. My age shall remain unknown because I could care less about other peoples ages and I do not care for them to know mine.

I also do not care for whatever work you do. In every job you will receive complaints daily throughout your whole career and whole life..you might as well start getting used to it as that is what humans like to do. If we do not like something we tend to say so.

Now back to the game itself. Would the People getting these emails and such rather have 20 quick emails of all complaining about random things? Or receive One thought out email summing up what everyone has as their problems? If you talk about problems you are having on these forums. Guess what you can make that 1 detailed email rather then sending out 20.

Personally if I worked for them one email would be nice in comparison but hey...if you would rather me send an email for every single thing I find wrong with this game then they better brace themselves.
#20HVSBobPosted 4/20/2011 9:57:56 AM

Hey donkeypunch, thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you like the art direction and weapons.

Regarding lock-on, it's not for everyone. To be quite honest, I don't like lock-on when I play: I don't use it. Consider the younger, casual gamer that loves Wii gaming and wants to try a shooter. He or she may not even be interested in competing online with strangers. For many of those gamers, and there are a lot of them, a lock-on feature makes the game more playable and fun. With the addition of hardcore mode, we're doing more than before to cater to both ends of that spectrum.

Regarding run speed, one big way we use it is as a tool to balance the weapons. I don't think anyone set out to make everybody run slower. But when you have big, heavy weapons like the Widowmaker and less powerful weapons like the secondaries, the question becomes: why should people use the less powerful weapons? There has to be some advantage, and one advantage we liked was that you run faster when they're equipped.

The game modes selection is an interesting case. One of our goals for The Conduit was unprecedented choice and customization. And then the game came out, and you guys said "If I play yet another round of Explosives on Streets, I'm gonna barf!" So letting players vote for exactly what they want ironically resulted in less variety. I'm not saying everybody's going to like the changes we made. What I can do is offer some insight on what went into some of these decisions.