My initial experience with the game.

#1nicalobePosted 4/20/2011 7:58:40 AM
Got the game, was excited to play online, all of the modes sounded like a lot of fun. I got on, customized my controls and got into a game. My first grief was that players who have accumulated more credits than a new player have a HUGE advantage because they can buy better weapons and perks, where a newcomer has nothing. I wasn't too upset about this, it isn't too unlike CoD where you get different weapons the higher you are. I went to the shop to check on what I could buy and realized that a lot of the different characters and customizations were unlocked only after I played the campaign.

I went to single player and started the first level. About halfway through I paused the game to check on some of the lore I've found. When I unpaused, I ended up falling through the floor... When I respawned, I was stuck under the level with no way to restart, the pause menu wasn't even working. I have to give the designers props, it had been a while before I've seen a game-breaking glitch in the first 10 minutes of a game.

I reset the game and went back into campaign, careful to never open the menu again. I continued to the 3rd level and got into a massive fire fight when..... The game froze. Needless to say I've stopped playing the campaign.

I went back to multiplayer and got a few good games in. I'm not a huge fan of the multiplayer at the moment, it seems like the game can't handle more than 6 or 7 players without performance dropping significantly.

About my 4th or 5th game in, the match ended and I awaited the end game stats. And I waited. And I waited. Turns out the end game stats never triggered, and I was doomed to a life of moving my camera around in a circle, watching absolutly nothing happen.

Long story short, I am not impressed with this game at all. In about 4 hours of gameplay I've already had to reset the game three times.

I'll be sticking to Black Ops.
#2psychobrewPosted 4/20/2011 8:01:51 AM
Black Ops had all kinds of issues when it first came out. I had to shelve that game for the first month or so until they patched it and to this day I still can't play Black Ops on a wired connection (which really pisses me off). Just saying give it some time.
#3InvasionleaderPosted 4/20/2011 8:08:13 AM
And I never experienced any of those problems you mentioned. So weird.
#4Numbuh100Posted 4/21/2011 8:42:19 AM
nicalobe posted...
Got the game, was excited to play online, all of the modes sounded like a lot of fun. I got on, customized my controls and got into a game. My first grief was that players who have accumulated more credits than a new player have a HUGE advantage because they can buy better weapons and perks, where a newcomer has nothing. I wasn't too upset about this, it isn't too unlike CoD where you get different weapons the higher you are. I went to the shop to check on what I could buy and realized that a lot of the different characters and customizations were unlocked only after I played the campaign.

I went to single player and started the first level. About halfway through I paused the game to check on some of the lore I've found. When I unpaused, I ended up falling through the floor... When I respawned, I was stuck under the level with no way to restart, the pause menu wasn't even working. I have to give the designers props, it had been a while before I've seen a game-breaking glitch in the first 10 minutes of a game.

I reset the game and went back into campaign, careful to never open the menu again. I continued to the 3rd level and got into a massive fire fight when..... The game froze. Needless to say I've stopped playing the campaign.

I went back to multiplayer and got a few good games in. I'm not a huge fan of the multiplayer at the moment, it seems like the game can't handle more than 6 or 7 players without performance dropping significantly.

About my 4th or 5th game in, the match ended and I awaited the end game stats. And I waited. And I waited. Turns out the end game stats never triggered, and I was doomed to a life of moving my camera around in a circle, watching absolutly nothing happen.

Long story short, I am not impressed with this game at all. In about 4 hours of gameplay I've already had to reset the game three times.

I'll be sticking to Black Ops.

That happened to me too!!!! Ahhhh!!! Pissed me off! I might play a bit more GoldenEye till this crap get a patching.
---
CONDUIT 2 - 1377-7587-6478
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: MMK
#5SupahShnipaPosted 4/21/2011 8:44:13 AM
I've had every problem you've experienced, I've reset at least once every 2 hours.

It's still more fun than Crap/Lag/Bull Ops.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#6maksysPosted 4/21/2011 8:59:50 AM
Make me wonder if HVS let al of those glitches and freeze in order to try the patch system ^^
#7Numbuh100Posted 4/21/2011 4:21:47 PM
maksys posted...
Make me wonder if HVS let al of those glitches and freeze in order to try the patch system ^^

That would be the most stupidest thing ever! They will lose money if they want to try that!
---
CONDUIT 2 - 1377-7587-6478
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: MMK
#8ElniguelPosted 4/21/2011 4:40:59 PM
It's weird hearing all these complaints. I don't doubt them but honestly in the many hours I've already played I haven't experienced any problems at all lol.
#9KingGamerIIIPosted 4/21/2011 4:59:34 PM
Go a head stick with black ops.

This game's SP is a lot more fun than Black ops, and looks much better visually.

that's my 2 cents.
---
"What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?"
MPH Code: 2405 8574 9430