Bored of Goldeneye and MWR, looking for a new game - what's this all about?

#1qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 4/21/2011 7:16:12 AM
It looks fun, from watching the trailers, it looks kinda like a hybrid of Call of Duty and Metriod Prime (is that possible?) which is a good thing because Metroid Prime is one of my all time favorite games and COD is possibly in the top ten. So what is it about? And how do you get new weapons and perks and level up online?
---
Boo
...A guy may walk up to you and offer you a beer for $9. But $9 is way to much to pay for a beer. Just walk away.
#2ChangliniPosted 4/21/2011 7:22:29 AM
You generally buy weapons, perks, characters, and character parts through the shop but, you can unlock a decent amount of weapons, perks, and characters through beating the campaign while using the ASE to search for stuff.

Nearly everything is available to buy from the shop from the start(though you wouldn't have enough credits to buy em).
Credits are obtained by getting achievements(More than four hundred thousand in total), Playing online matches, invasion mode, etc.
---
NER , Oh how you haunt me. CON2(3052-7931-2401)Utilityguy
The server El Nido is called El Nino or El Ninorino in my book
#3qlaxmicmizzel38(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2011 7:26:45 AM
Thanks, whats the story mode like? I care about that much more than multiplayer.
---
Boo
...A guy may walk up to you and offer you a beer for $9. But $9 is way to much to pay for a beer. Just walk away.
#4The_ShaderPosted 4/21/2011 7:33:16 AM
The story is a complete sequel to the first game, seeing as you care about story, expect some things to not be understandable the first time you hear them.

Campaign has missions, inside these missions are ass loads of secrets to find, and these secrets contain lots of information ((think of Metroid Prime)) and lead to side-missions.

The story itself is based around government conspiracies and alien coverup stories, but that part of the story is dug into the game, so you'll have to dig in order to find it.
---
Conduit 2 Alias & FC: Shader, 0218-1153-3165
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
#5qlaxmicmizzel38(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2011 7:36:46 AM
That sounds fun, thanks.
---
Boo