The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

The Latest from HVS

#1HVSBobPosted 9/6/2012 9:45:23 PM
Hello, Conduit fans!

Recently I've been getting a lot of questions via private messages and other channels. While I often may not respond individually, I do try to read as much as I can, and I think the interest people still show in the company and our games is fantastic. I wanted to take some time to answer what I can.

Question: How is the company doing?
Answer: We're doing great; thanks for asking! It's been an ongoing process of transformation for us. We're upgrading our software and hardware. More and more of us are moving to Windows 7 rigs with solid state drives, and our artists are enjoying newer versions of Autodesk and Adobe products. We're putting a fresh coat of paint on things, literally, by repainting and re-carpeting the building's interior.

Some of us are working summer vacations into our busy schedule of projects. And this Saturday, we're taking part in the Midwest Game Developers Kickball Tournament in downtown Chicago. Go team Voltage!

Question: What's the latest on current projects?
Answer: We have several projects very near completion, which we've been wrapping up and sending to our publishing partners for submission. Zone of the Enders: HD Collection has been a big one for us this year. I wasn't involved personally with that one, but it's been great to watch from afar. If you're a fan of comedic point-and-click adventure games, you may be interested in Victorious: Taking the Lead. High Voltage has been developing the Wii version of this title, based on the Nickelodeon TV show starring Victoria Justice. Those who like a good shooting gallery can look out for Toy Story Mania, which High Voltage has been developing for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. In addition to traditional controllers, this game will also work with Kinect and Move, respectively.

Question: What about some original HVS games I've heard about, like The Grinder, Animales de la Muerte, and of course the Conduit series?
Answer: As usual, there are things we're not ready to talk about. The games I just mentioned in the last answer, for instance, are public knowledge for those who know where to look. But you may be pleased to know our strategy moving forward calls for a greater proportion of original IP games.

I'm excited about the projects we're working on now. I think they represent a new chapter for us: one that's more forward-thinking than before.

Question: OMG I love Conduit so much!
Answer: That's not a question, but thank you! And we haven't forgotten about Conduit over here, either. I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out.

P.S. In writing this post I just found out GameFAQ's spell checker knows the word PlayStation but not the word Xbox. Weird!
#2MindesynPosted 9/6/2012 9:51:32 PM
Thanks for the update.
---
Modern Warfare 3: [LC]LuN*TiC 2774-2633-7161
Sucks to be you cause I hack to counter hack hackers like you that hack so hackers gone legit dont get hacked
#3Loremas1861Posted 9/6/2012 9:58:02 PM
Yes! Good luck HVS! You amazing peoples continue your outstanding work ya hear? :)

Also, since BOB said he is not ready to talk about his latest stuff, that means he is probably planning on doing something big (Conduit related hopefully)
---
:D <-- This smiley face approves this message
#4ChariloePosted 9/6/2012 10:00:48 PM
Michael Ford: What the- You're-
Abe Lincoln: Here to help!

*Enter The Conduit 3*
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#5Silent_NexusPosted 9/6/2012 10:05:31 PM
More Conduit?

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

Its nice to know the company is doing well.
---
Conduit2FC(Mr.Ford):3782-9515-4285
The One and Only TRUE Mr.Ford; Blarg-Chicka-Honk-Honk
#6CarbonizerMikePosted 9/6/2012 10:22:59 PM(edited)
"Answer: That's not a question, but thank you! And we haven't forgotten about Conduit over here, either. I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out."

This post means so much to me. Seriously, I don't think anybody could understand. I am really not having a lot of excitement for the Wii U itself right now aside from Super Mario Bros (I could get more excited with more games), and the 3DS is letting me down (Where the hell are my racing games? Why isn't Codemasters showing some love?). But if another Conduit game is coming to the Wii U (I'd rather have it there than the 3DS... but we'll see what happens), I'd drop $300 immediately just to get to a third Conduit game. Seriously... a majority of my uploads on Youtube are Conduit 2 related (as far as uploads per title). I'd be excited as hell to post my first online match in a new HVS shooter.

So, yeah, thanks for the update HVS. Oh, and one more thing: make sure to continue to support the Wii remote and Motion Plus control scheme! Nothing irritates me more than these new FPS titles for the Wii U that are trying to force people to use dual analog (ZombiU, Aliens). I'm not going to use that control scheme.
---
www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 9/6/2012 10:21:08 PM
HVSBob posted...
We're upgrading our software and hardware. More and more of us are moving to Windows 7 rigs with solid state drives, and our artists are enjoying newer versions of Autodesk and Adobe products.

HA!
You just described my every day.

Man, what a load of work.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#8donkeypunch1116Posted 9/6/2012 10:50:20 PM
Thank you so much for this post. I don't think you realize how much it means to some of the folks here (myself included) for you to come out, break the silence somewhat, and give the fans hope.

I think I speak for the majority of the folks here when I say that there was somewhat a sense of sadness here on the boards. No one every really talked about it, but I'm sure most of us had those "is this really the last game in one of my favorite franchise" thoughts in the back of our minds.

To finally hear someone from HVS out and out say, "hey, we are not done", is a huge victory for us in itself.

Again, thank you so much, and I don't think you realize how happy you've made some people here.
---
-
*Nintendo haters* - When your favorite dev has consistently made critically acclaimed games practically every year for over 20 years, then come talk to me.
#9donkeypunch1116Posted 9/6/2012 10:58:48 PM
To some up my post in a not-so-sappy way...

Hellz yeah HVS is droppin da bombs up in this *****!!!!!
---
-
*Nintendo haters* - When your favorite dev has consistently made critically acclaimed games practically every year for over 20 years, then come talk to me.
#10CynralKynathelPosted 9/7/2012 4:23:14 AM
HVSBob posted...

P.S. In writing this post I just found out GameFAQ's spell checker knows the word PlayStation but not the word Xbox. Weird!

Hmm, seems like GameFaqs is not much of an Xbox fan. Also thank you so much just for the update! I never heard you guys talk in a long time and it's great to know that you're doing well. Like Donkey Punch said, it really means a lot just to give us some hope. I'm really hoping for a conduit 3, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, regardless of console. (but preferably on Wii/WiiU, I don't have the money for other systems.) if not, I'm still hoping for one last Con2 patch to make skimmers and sentrys fly again. I don't mean to seem greedy, but they were much more fun when they could fly and shoot.