The Latest from HVS

#11HungoverHero777Posted 9/7/2012 5:31:50 AM(edited)
And we haven't forgotten about Conduit over here, either. I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out.

I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. :) Can't wait to hear that Conduit news! That statement alone is making me drool....
---
College work ^, free time v. :(
3DS FC: 5284-1567-1470 Conduit 2 FC: 3954-7429-9873 II The AR-C Expert II
#12TheOmegaShenPosted 9/7/2012 5:13:20 AM
Can't say I'm surprised but I appreciate you guys coming here to cheer everyone up

From a previous topic about Conduit 3...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/63427535

Seems I was right...unless the Conduit news is about you guys canceling Conduit...
---
C2: 2838-6032-4718(Shen)
Ruin is the Salvation of Man and Machine.
#13nightfire0013Posted 9/7/2012 6:19:55 AM
Happy to hear you guys are still going strong!
---
I'm afraid you've been believing random stuff on the internet.
#14B05S_BrennanPosted 9/7/2012 6:36:08 AM
HVSBob posted...
Hello, Conduit fans!

Recently I've been getting a lot of questions via private messages and other channels. While I often may not respond individually, I do try to read as much as I can, and I think the interest people still show in the company and our games is fantastic. I wanted to take some time to answer what I can.

Question: How is the company doing?
Answer: We're doing great; thanks for asking! It's been an ongoing process of transformation for us. We're upgrading our software and hardware. More and more of us are moving to Windows 7 rigs with solid state drives, and our artists are enjoying newer versions of Autodesk and Adobe products. We're putting a fresh coat of paint on things, literally, by repainting and re-carpeting the building's interior.

Some of us are working summer vacations into our busy schedule of projects. And this Saturday, we're taking part in the Midwest Game Developers Kickball Tournament in downtown Chicago. Go team Voltage!

Question: What's the latest on current projects?
Answer: We have several projects very near completion, which we've been wrapping up and sending to our publishing partners for submission. Zone of the Enders: HD Collection has been a big one for us this year. I wasn't involved personally with that one, but it's been great to watch from afar. If you're a fan of comedic point-and-click adventure games, you may be interested in Victorious: Taking the Lead. High Voltage has been developing the Wii version of this title, based on the Nickelodeon TV show starring Victoria Justice. Those who like a good shooting gallery can look out for Toy Story Mania, which High Voltage has been developing for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. In addition to traditional controllers, this game will also work with Kinect and Move, respectively.

Question: What about some original HVS games I've heard about, like The Grinder, Animales de la Muerte, and of course the Conduit series?
Answer: As usual, there are things we're not ready to talk about. The games I just mentioned in the last answer, for instance, are public knowledge for those who know where to look. But you may be pleased to know our strategy moving forward calls for a greater proportion of original IP games.

I'm excited about the projects we're working on now. I think they represent a new chapter for us: one that's more forward-thinking than before.

Question: OMG I love Conduit so much!
Answer: That's not a question, but thank you! And we haven't forgotten about Conduit over here, either. I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out.

P.S. In writing this post I just found out GameFAQ's spell checker knows the word PlayStation but not the word Xbox. Weird!

It's good to know the company is doing well, and I'm looking forward to the Conduit-related news.
---
(>^.^)> http://conduitwii.boards.net/ <(^.^<)
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan?feature=mhee
#15PedroScarPosted 9/7/2012 7:01:11 AM
wow, this is great news, Im hoping way more on C3 news than a patch, although, if its a patch hopefully to make the flying things fly again like someone else mentioned, those things made invasion way more fun and harder, and made my aim better
---
But cha-cha cuteness kills! All cha-cha attack become bomb-bomb! Boom-boom boom-boom!
#16_SignalPosted 9/7/2012 9:44:51 AM
Xbox... What is Xbox?

And,

Yay!
---
Conduit2FC(36): 0518 8427 1877
#17donkeypunch1116Posted 9/7/2012 9:46:47 AM
Just saw this topic posted on Gonintendo...

Bob, I know you technically didn't really reveal anything, but I hope this post doesn't get you in any kind of trouble with the higher ups at HVS :/

Ps - if they do get nasty about it, let us know, and we will kindly inform them of a boycott that will be staged against HVS products :P

No body messes with Bob on my watch.
---
-
*Nintendo haters* - When your favorite dev has consistently made critically acclaimed games practically every year for over 20 years, then come talk to me.
#18Rybuger1Posted 9/7/2012 10:10:08 AM
Good to hear that HVS is doing well! :-D They've made two of my favorite games. Here's to a third!

I have a feeling the announcement will be about the iTunes soundtrack release, though. A patch is unlikely and a sequel is... Well... :-/
#19donkeypunch1116Posted 9/7/2012 10:32:13 AM
Rybuger1 posted...
Good to hear that HVS is doing well! :-D They've made two of my favorite games. Here's to a third!

I have a feeling the announcement will be about the iTunes soundtrack release, though. A patch is unlikely and a sequel is... Well... :-/

Oh man don't kill the hype train!!! Boooooooo!!!! XD
---
-
*Nintendo haters* - When your favorite dev has consistently made critically acclaimed games practically every year for over 20 years, then come talk to me.
#20Numbuh100Posted 9/7/2012 11:08:32 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!
---
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: BOSS MMK-OMC
PSN: THE_REAL_MMK