The Latest from HVS

#111donkeypunch1116Posted 9/10/2012 9:35:50 PM
I think the announcement is gonna be worthwhile. I have a feeling...
---
-
*Nintendo haters* - When your favorite dev has consistently made critically acclaimed games practically every year for over 20 years, then come talk to me.
#112jasonrk7bPosted 9/10/2012 9:45:27 PM
donkeypunch1116 posted...

The more you build up, the farther you have to fall. With a small time dev like HVS, anything could happen.
---
Conduit 2 FC's: 0905-7525-6314 (JK)
#113PedroScarPosted 9/10/2012 9:46:52 PM
I still say its C3 or conduit 3DS, and Im sticking with it, if 3DS, then it'll be my first game unless MH4 comes in before it, too bad they'll take off water in MH4 :/, I still want C3 for teh wii U! doesnt matter if I cant afford the wii U right away but I want it to come there :D, maybe thats why its been awhile for announcements, because it could come out for it, I wonder if they would use the secondnscreen for if you dont want to use the t.v. :O
---
The stimulating electricity! The falling oxygen gauge! The curious comfort of the felynes carrying you back to camp!
#114donkeypunch1116Posted 9/10/2012 10:43:11 PM
jasonrk7b posted...

The more you build up, the farther you have to fall. With a small time dev like HVS, anything could happen.

Well, Im not saying huge either, just worthwhile.

Let's be honest here, HVSBob wouldn't make it a point to create a topic such as this to hype some Conduit keychains. Or a soundtrack on itunes. Or even a new patch.

If it were something along those lines, I'm pretty sure he would be able to talk about it. The fact that he hasn't elaborated (probably because he can't) on what kind of news we should expect to see is enough reason to say that the announcement will be worthwhile.

Just being realistic here
---
-
Never seem to get in the place that I belong...
#115CarbonizerMikePosted 9/10/2012 10:50:53 PM
What Punch said.
---
www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#116donkeypunch1116Posted 9/10/2012 10:57:41 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
What Punch said.

Lol I would love to see a HVS guy state in an interview "We cant talk about the Conduit news yet, but let's just say that your key ring will be very happy"

XD
---
-
#117jasonrk7bPosted 9/10/2012 11:15:23 PM
jasonrk7b posted...

Let's be honest here, HVSBob wouldn't make it a point to create a topic such as this to hype some Conduit keychains. Or a soundtrack on itunes. Or even a new patch.

If it were something along those lines, I'm pretty sure he would be able to talk about it. The fact that he hasn't elaborated (probably because he can't) on what kind of news we should expect to see is enough reason to say that the announcement will be worthwhile.

Very good point. Congrats, I am now hyped. I hope you're happy >:(
---
Conduit 2 FC's: 0905-7525-6314 (JK)
#118donkeypunch1116Posted 9/10/2012 11:32:52 PM
jasonrk7b posted...
jasonrk7b posted...

Very good point. Congrats, I am now hyped. I hope you're happy >:(

Lol don't get hyped too much either. It could just be "Conduit collection" for Wii U or something. Not exactly ground breaking stuff.

However, I'm pretty positive that it is atleast game related.
---
-
#119like2napPosted 9/11/2012 12:59:58 AM
I don't want to get my hopes up just to be let down again. C2 had potential, but it fell short in every aspect. Not drastically short, but like a step short. It didn't get anything quite right. Well, except for the graphics I guess. But it has lag, balance issues, glitches, a mix of good and poor map design at the same time, and dated controls, and it didn't keep a smooth framerate. None of them on their own are horrible, but put them together and it gets annoying. At least it did for me. And I really hate bunny hopping too lol.

If the news is going to be C3 they will need to get more things right for the game to do well and to get my money. I would have loved C2 if it had better controls, less lag, and fewer glitches. I could put up with balance issues and some bad maps. It's just that it fell short on my must haves for an FPS game. (the things I mentioned above). You can get one or two of those things wrong, but not all of them. What was always so frustrating was I when I played, every match was like "oh, if they just made this a little better, or if they just made that a little better". It's like nothing was horrible, just a little off, but EVERYTHING was a little off.

I even did quite well when I played, but I was annoyed the whole time.

I hope they do make a C3 with an even more epic campaign. The only thing that got on my nerves in the campaign was the controls. Everything else I grew to love. Even the wonky story and crazy characters. The boss fights were great.. Bring more of that in C3. That last section where were shooting out the back of that ship at the attacking ships. That was awesome! More please.

Now to C3 multiplayer. It can't lag and it has to have a smooth framerate. It has to have well thought maps that suit all play styles, or the basics anyway (your run and gunner, you camper, and you snipers)

It has to have more balance between the guns and the perks that go with them. How many rants were there about supercharged-metal legged- shotgunnin-backstabbers did we see on these forums? Or matches where a group just sits on one side of the map and goes crazy with phase rifles. IT MUST FIND BALANCE. It shouldn't take 3 bufs to make the warp pistol useful.

It shouldn't take 2 or 3 tries to fix the same glitch that shouldn't have been t here any way.

All those issues were there and they were pet peeves of mine. So every game, regardless of my kdr was annoying.

So C3, needs a smooth framerate, no lag, major upgrade on the controls, some balance tweaks, glitch reduction, and better map design. If they can do that it will be a great game. C2 failed because it failed on all the things a good FPS game should have. Not by much, they just missed the mark, but I don't want to play a game that didn't get anything right. It's too annoying.

So, I hope the new is for C3 and I hope it's on Wii U. That will take care of graphics and framerate. Better internet structure should help with lag. It's up to HVS to fix the controls, glitches, balance, and map issues. If they can do that, it could be great. And cut out the bunny hopping!

See there it is. It has potential. Only tweaks to the system that is already there. But if they get those things wrong again, C3, if there is to be one, will fail.
#120CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 9/11/2012 4:13:35 AM
Of course its going to be some conduit related game...

Why else would he frame it up with talk about the companies good standing, and the games being worked on. And a greater emphasis on their original IPs?
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656