The Latest from HVS

#151ChangliniPosted 9/11/2012 4:48:33 PM
I really am at a loss for words here.
---
The refurbish NER, oh how you've redeemed me.
Walker, you're here because you wanted to be something you're not, a hero ~Konrad
#152like2napPosted 9/11/2012 5:57:23 PM
_Signal posted...
While I do agree that MW3 offers much better control customization, I would argue that it's because it really needs it, LOL. I never liked the "feel" of the way my character moved in MW3 compared to C2. I think it's because the characters MW3 move more like they're carrying packs and heavy weapons, while C2's movements seem more effortless, fluid, and smoother. Maybe part of this is HVS's motion capture studio, or perhaps the idea that the exo-suit/armor allows more effortless movement when carrying heavy weapons.

Perhaps this is a connectivity thing, or a playstyle thing, or just a thing. I don't know.

When I play MW3, I feel like I'm playing TCon, which is my way of saying that it makes me feel like I'm walking in ankle deep mud.

However, the bottom line for me is, I will almost certainly buy C3 in whatever incarnation it happens to be released in, unless it's for a handheld, which I don't own. I will come here, or go to the C3 forum to offer and accept constructive criticism, and make new friends. Then, I will defend it to the death!

That's intentional. In MW3 you are soldiers carrying equipment and that's what it feels like. It's going for a more realistic feel. Your movement and aiming speed are also effected by the weapon you carry. C2 you are basically cyborgs in that body armor. Guns and equipment don't hinder the movement of cyborgs!

All that is irrelevant to me really. I love the fact that the play styles, movement, weapons, and all that is different. I like the variety, but I have basic criteria for my FPS games that I listed in that long post. C2 just didn't quite get any of them right. Controls being my biggest pet peeve.

MW3 has one OP weapon (maybe 2 but the second one is hardly ever used). That's the only real problem with that game after the patches. That got nerfed on the PS3 and 360, but not the Wii. The community ruined the game though. It's hacked to death.
#153NobleZonePosted 9/11/2012 6:27:01 PM
hveeesss tonaayy

wher r my daos? i ned themm stil

TONAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! *whines*
---
I'm hoping that no one will notice this isn't actually a signature
#154ChariloePosted 9/11/2012 6:29:51 PM
like2nap posted...
_Signal posted...
While I do agree that MW3 offers much better control customization, I would argue that it's because it really needs it, LOL. I never liked the "feel" of the way my character moved in MW3 compared to C2. I think it's because the characters MW3 move more like they're carrying packs and heavy weapons, while C2's movements seem more effortless, fluid, and smoother. Maybe part of this is HVS's motion capture studio, or perhaps the idea that the exo-suit/armor allows more effortless movement when carrying heavy weapons.

Perhaps this is a connectivity thing, or a playstyle thing, or just a thing. I don't know.

When I play MW3, I feel like I'm playing TCon, which is my way of saying that it makes me feel like I'm walking in ankle deep mud.

However, the bottom line for me is, I will almost certainly buy C3 in whatever incarnation it happens to be released in, unless it's for a handheld, which I don't own. I will come here, or go to the C3 forum to offer and accept constructive criticism, and make new friends. Then, I will defend it to the death!

That's intentional. In MW3 you are soldiers carrying equipment and that's what it feels like. It's going for a more realistic feel. Your movement and aiming speed are also effected by the weapon you carry. C2 you are basically cyborgs in that body armor. Guns and equipment don't hinder the movement of cyborgs!

All that is irrelevant to me really. I love the fact that the play styles, movement, weapons, and all that is different. I like the variety, but I have basic criteria for my FPS games that I listed in that long post. C2 just didn't quite get any of them right. Controls being my biggest pet peeve.

MW3 has one OP weapon (maybe 2 but the second one is hardly ever used). That's the only real problem with that game after the patches. That got nerfed on the PS3 and 360, but not the Wii. The community ruined the game though. It's hacked to death.

Cyborgs, Enchanted statues, Aliens, Half-aliens, Super soldiers and humans with super suits*
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#155CheslukPosted 9/11/2012 6:38:07 PM
hveeesss tonaayy

wher r my daos? i ned themm stil

TONAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! *whines*

Four bucks says he's still looking into it.
---
"Hence C2 board all have high strung people who drink too much coffee and have thin skin." -Mindesyn
http://i.imgur.com/uB5U6.jpg
#156_SignalPosted 9/11/2012 6:50:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#157_SignalPosted 9/11/2012 7:00:14 PM
like2nap posted...

I went back and read your long post, because I thought I might have missed something the first time, but I didn't really see any specific criticisms about the controls except the comment about independent sensitivity for alt fire. That sort-of makes sense to me because I think that the controls are more about the "feel" of the game.

Maybe it's just what you're used to. I have no opinion either way about C2's ADS. I don't have a real problem with it, but if it were improved, I certainly wouldn't complain.

Except for the statement that they got the controls wrong, I basically agree with everything that you said. I'd also like less lag, and more maps, but I have no problems with the maps as they are, I just wish there were more. However, I definitely don't want a bunch of maps filled with ninety-degree angles for no other reason than to allow someone to hide in or around the corner, like MW3.

Let's also remember that HVS had to balance several very different types of weapons, not just assault rifles, sniper rifles, and pistols. I think that the proof is in the pudding so to speak regarding C2's weapons being balanced, because in any evening of random play, you will see someone using almost every different weapon in the arsenal. That's a statement about balance.

C2's field of view is also far superior to MW3's. They managed to make it more wide-angle without distortion. I found that to be the most frustrating element of MW3 gameplay... walking into a room and walking right past someone who should be in plain view. That's where they really dropped the ball on realism.

But basically I would like to see the same kinds of things that you would, I just don't agree that C2's controls are broken. By the way, do you use motion plus?
---
Conduit2FC(36): 0518 8427 1877
#158Icuras08Posted 9/11/2012 8:43:50 PM(edited)
You guys are great. Both HVS and this community.

My only hope is that Conduit 3:The Squekwel(Sorry, had to with Tony's work and all) or whatever gaming related is successful. You really need that game that pulls you into this "new chapter" you guys are talking.

By the way, Zone of The Enders does look very nice!
#159donkeypunch1116Posted 9/11/2012 8:45:16 PM
I notice he never answered my question bout Eric :/
---
-
Never seem to get in the place that I belong...
#160VintageRonJohnPosted 9/11/2012 9:36:38 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
VintageRonJohn posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
He thinks they're dated because they won't let you edit your controls for when you're aiming down the sights. I don't really see why it has to be different from your hip-fire controls.

It totally, totally does. I prefer TCon's controls only because in C2 I can't control the SCAR worth a [expletive] when I'm aiming down my sights. I adore that aspect of GoldenEye Wii.

In TCon I don't think you can edit your ADS controls. Anyways, it doesn't bother me in C2, cuz it's not like you're meant to turn your screen while using ADS. Also, you can lock your screen.

Alas, there didn't seem to be such a disconnect in TCon with the way controls behave. And without the spread, I rarely scoped in anyway.

Chain, I tried adjusting to my preferences for ADS, but then every other thing felt awful. I feel so dumb griping about this because everything else about the controls is amazing. Separate sensitivities for ADS would just put C2 over the edge, so to speak.
---
Conduit 2: RonJohn 3868-8419-8160 [D-S]Jolt 4986-1435-0700
The Conduit: RonJohn 3309-2472-4741