The Latest from HVS

#161like2napPosted 9/11/2012 10:53:23 PM
_Signal posted...
like2nap posted...

I went back and read your long post, because I thought I might have missed something the first time, but I didn't really see any specific criticisms about the controls except the comment about independent sensitivity for alt fire. That sort-of makes sense to me because I think that the controls are more about the "feel" of the game.

Maybe it's just what you're used to. I have no opinion either way about C2's ADS. I don't have a real problem with it, but if it were improved, I certainly wouldn't complain.

Except for the statement that they got the controls wrong, I basically agree with everything that you said. I'd also like less lag, and more maps, but I have no problems with the maps as they are, I just wish there were more. However, I definitely don't want a bunch of maps filled with ninety-degree angles for no other reason than to allow someone to hide in or around the corner, like MW3.

Let's also remember that HVS had to balance several very different types of weapons, not just assault rifles, sniper rifles, and pistols. I think that the proof is in the pudding so to speak regarding C2's weapons being balanced, because in any evening of random play, you will see someone using almost every different weapon in the arsenal. That's a statement about balance.

C2's field of view is also far superior to MW3's. They managed to make it more wide-angle without distortion. I found that to be the most frustrating element of MW3 gameplay... walking into a room and walking right past someone who should be in plain view. That's where they really dropped the ball on realism.

But basically I would like to see the same kinds of things that you would, I just don't agree that C2's controls are broken. By the way, do you use motion plus?

Lack of customization was the other thing I mentioned. At least I thought I did. I said it somewhere on this thread. Anyway, it doesn't have enough customization in general. Not just with ADS. All the other games I mentioned have more custom options to tweak not even counting the ADS stuff. I'm very picky about my controls. I like as much customization as possible. The smoothness and precision you can achieve with all the custom options in MW3 is beyond compare.

I've gone back and forth with and without motion plus. Spent a lot of time with each. I found that if I'm going to be using something with ADS as a secondary fire option, then I don't want the Wii motion plus. If I'm using weapons that only have hipfire options, then I do want Wii motion plus.

MW3 maps are very camper friendly. Then again you should always check your corners in combat! That is also by design. It's a different style game is all. The real problem is the maps are either just the right size, or WAY to small.

I could debate all day about the weapon balance in C2 but I've done that before and I'm not in the mood. So we'll go with what you said.

I don't understand your field-of-view issue though. I've never (and I mean no offense) heard anyone mention that as a problem before.
#162RedArxPosted 9/11/2012 10:56:07 PM
in that grinder video, are those chupacabras?
and also, the smg in that game looks IDENTICAL to the one in C2, except with a suppressor and some other slight differences.
---
|| Shrieker Creeper | Phase Hitman ||
Meanwhile in PAL Land...
#163Hawke0Posted 9/12/2012 6:00:47 AM
LigersRule posted...
Hawke0 posted...
Can you post a link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2LDJWTuA6k

First one I see is at 1:56. But I didn't watch the whole thing, only skipped to where I remembered one. There are probably more, and better ones.

that is pretty cool.
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316-name Hawke
#164HungoverHero777Posted 9/12/2012 5:07:36 PM
Bump. We must never let this topic reach obscurity.
---
Roosterteeth+LtMKilla=Pure Awesomeness
3DS FC: 5284-1567-1470 Conduit 2 FC: 3954-7429-9873 II The AR-C Expert II
#165PedroScarPosted 9/12/2012 5:10:23 PM
lol, yea until it gets to 500 or maybe stickied if another release does come in
---
The stimulating electricity! The falling oxygen gauge! The curious comfort of the felynes carrying you back to camp!
#166Numbuh100Posted 9/13/2012 8:50:39 AM
We need Conduit Wii Universe!
---
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: SLENDER MAN
PSN: THE_REAL_MMK
#167old_man_mossyPosted 9/13/2012 9:20:33 AM
Man, if I had a finished game for the wii that just needed a Dev....and WiiU is showing it can do leaps and bounds better than the ol wii and has some pretty significant game(s) as downloads (with actual retail equivalents at the big box stores)

Man....Id Grind that baby out quick, especially if it looked good to begin with..before it could get lost among the prettier girls with less personality....

just sayin ;)

(look OJ I said 'just sayin' that might mean Im my own online best buddy :P )
---
"I seem to recognize your face, haunting familiar, but cant seem to place it. Can I find a candle of thought to light your name?"
#168jasonrk7bPosted 9/13/2012 8:49:44 PM
Bump, can't let this die
---
Conduit 2 FC's: 0905-7525-6314 (JK)
#169donkeypunch1116Posted 9/13/2012 8:54:21 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
Man, if I had a finished game for the wii that just needed a Dev....and WiiU is showing it can do leaps and bounds better than the ol wii and has some pretty significant game(s) as downloads (with actual retail equivalents at the big box stores)

Man....Id Grind that baby out quick, especially if it looked good to begin with..before it could get lost among the prettier girls with less personality....

just sayin ;)

(look OJ I said 'just sayin' that might mean Im my own online best buddy :P )

This.

Moss I'm so excited man, the launch games look killer!!!

See you day one bud :)
---
-
Never seem to get in the place that I belong...
#170ChariloePosted 9/13/2012 8:54:35 PM
RedArx posted...
in that grinder video, are those chupacabras?
and also, the smg in that game looks IDENTICAL to the one in C2, except with a suppressor and some other slight differences.

Vampires. Also, Grinder was a lot like TCon. It's very possible that HVS added some elements from Grinder when making C2.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328