PUNCHs Poll of the Day: Day 72 - Party system

#1donkeypunch1116Posted 10/5/2012 2:48:15 PM
Do you want a party system in future Conduit games? - Results (27 votes)
Yes, I want to play WITH my friends for a change.
77.78% (21 votes)
No, its so unfair!
22.22% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Go go poll vote!
---
-
He's kissing Christian, and he's taking it like a beating
#2CarbonizerMikePosted 10/5/2012 3:08:59 PM
I can't really oppose this. Partying should be allowed. It doesn't matter if teams become "stacked" (like in CoD) because you should be able to leave the match and find a new one with other people.

Party hard!!!!!!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#3donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 3:14:56 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
I can't really oppose this. Partying should be allowed. It doesn't matter if teams become "stacked" (like in CoD) because you should be able to leave the match and find a new one with other people.

Party hard!!!!!!

Agreed
---
-
He's kissing Christian, and he's taking it like a beating
#4CynralKynathelPosted 10/5/2012 3:16:02 PM
I'm indifferent, I party system would be nice, but they don't have to include one.
---
Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#5KhmerGirlPosted 10/5/2012 3:34:18 PM
A party system... Yes, I would definitely love that to be an option. There are a few people I always want to be on the same team with, but we literally always get split up... *cough cough Keet and Ventus...
---
Math, science, history, unraveling the mystery,
That all started with the Big Bang!
#6stardust121Posted 10/5/2012 5:23:54 PM
I guess it could be pretty cool.
Though, i have no idea how party systems work since con2 is the only fps that ive played...so yeah haha >.<
---
Conduit 2: 0862-8647-6484(Ricky)
#7old_man_mossyPosted 10/5/2012 6:43:56 PM
Reflex did this right so long ago, props to that CoD

It had both regular and team deathmatch modes....team for lobbies, even in pubs, and reg. for if your buds were offline or you wanted to mix things up with random teams in pubs.

I actually played reg. no team, 'team death match' more. Most people did, tbh, thanks to hacker clans like P$P screwing with the organized, pre-lobby, lobby balance.
---
"I seem to recognize your face, haunting familiar, but cant seem to place it. Can I find a candle of thought to light your name?"
#8CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 10/6/2012 8:36:19 AM(edited)
Not in normal pubs, and not in the way its been done traditionally

Firstly, Of course thats going to be unfair.

Secondly, the idea that you would be able to leave and find another match without people partying is completely flawed.
There's Rarely enough people playing to be able to find a different lobby.
And what are the chances that people won't be using the party system in that lobby?

Thirdly, its just not ethical.
Two people in the lobby could just decide to totally change the dynamics, without the vote or input of all the other people its going to be affecting?
Basically, you can more or less assume that people already in the lobby won't be too happy, you've all basically already acknowledged this by stating "If they don't like it they can leave LOLOLOL"
That argument alone demonstrates exactly WHY its such an unfair Idea.
ANY idea being validated by that argument is complete garbage.
Its little more than an excuses to validate what you've already decided you want, deliberately choosing to ignore the people you're going to affect.
No.

If there's going to be a party system, its going to have to be a 'Party Request" or something. It would have to be something that was working within the team making system. And it would have to be a request that could be denied, if the game was unable to create reasonably even teams.

While I'm at it, people should also be able to request being on opposing teams. So if me and Mike are on a team, and we keep getting 50-0 TDM, I'd send a request in the lobby or something, which Mike would accept. And suddenly its an interesting game again.

Or it might need to be something where other members in the lobby could appeal parties.

Or, the party system might be separate from the normal pubs.

Lastly, joining and organizing and just getting everybody all in the same game really isn't as easy as it could be. So the whole system surrounding friends just needs some fine buffing in the first place. And while it doesn't directly address the situation, I do think it would be a better first step in making playing w/ friends a whole lot better.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#9Hawke0Posted 10/6/2012 9:09:52 AM
^this
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Hawke
I am not dumb but I am stupid!!! -Bio
#10danner12Posted 10/8/2012 6:03:35 PM
So I would get killed even more?