The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

The AR-C Eclipse User Guide

#1HungoverHero777Posted 11/11/2012 12:30:52 PM(edited)
I was bored, so I figured I'd make this. This is a guide detailing the ins and outs of the AR-C Eclipse weapon to anyone who decides to use it to its full potential.

The Basics

1. The Eclipse is a unique weapon. It has unlimited ammo, instead relying on a temperature gauge to display its status. The more you fire its energy bolts, the hotter and more powerful it gets. It's worth noting that, even at full power, this is one of the weaker weapons in the game, especially for a primary. Obviously if it gets too hot it overheats, leaving you unable to fire for a short time. However, the real magic begins when you hold down the fire button. After a second or two, you become completely invisible, only able to be seen on radar. Cloaking cools down the gun, and as such, it "overcools" if you cloak for too long, having the same effect as if it overheats.

2. The secondary function is a scope, which obviously helps with aiming the shots. However, seeing as the attack power of the AR-C is low, you'll need to get many shots off before killing somebody at full health.

3. By getting closer to the "edge" on one temperature side, you get more use out of the other. For instance, if you cool the gun sufficiently, you can fire the gun for a longer period of time, while if it heats up a lot, you can cloak longer. This is where strategy really comes into play.

Basic Strategies

1. When playing in modes with radar, I highly recommend equipping the Stealth upgrade. This takes you off the map when walking(but only walking, or crouch-walking), making you extremely hard to track when cloaked.

2. This gun is different in that it supports two play styles. If you want to go on the offensive, you can cloak, cooling the gun down until you see an enemy, at which point you can unload shots without having to worry about overheating for a while. Likewise, for more defensive play, you can keep the Eclipse consistantly hot, ready to cloak for a lengthy period of time at a moments notice. This is the course of action I recommend.

3. The main feature of the weapon is its cloaking feature,which almost always gives you the element of surprise, especially with Stealth. The straightforward method (literally) of this is to cloak behind a corner, then advance to the enemy. Without armor upgrades, it almost always takes 3 melee attacks to kill, the first of which you should get easily. However, it is highly favored that you go for a one-hit-kill with a melee attack to the back, or a backstab. If you can get behind an enemy while remaining cloaked, do so. Make sure you don't overcool the gun and get "stunned" or you will be guaranteed to get spotted and targeted.

4. Patience is key. It may take a while to notice vulnerable enemies, but it keeps you alive and gets you kills at a steady pace as long as you're observant. This is not a gun you want to be rushing into battle with, especiallywith those who anticipate your arrival. If someone is concentrating on something else, sniping, for example, use the scope to aim at the persons head (while cloaked). This means that you will already begin to get headshots as soon as you turn visible, giving your enemy, and anyone protecting him, little to no time to react before you get at least one kill. This has the added benefit of heating up your gun at the same time, making you ready to cloak again as soon as you're spotted.

(continued in next post. Please don't post until I'm finished.)
---
http://www.otakufreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/nintendo-cycle.png
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#2HungoverHero777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 12:46:22 PM(edited)
Advanced Strategies

1. After you get solid experience, it's time to move on! Trickery and deception is a very effective way of messing with your opponent. If they see you cloak, they may anticipate that you will continue to move in the same direction you were moving beforehand, and open fire. If this happens, you can either stop, then move after a split second passes, or keep moving in that direction a split second after you cloak only to reverse direction after. That split second makes your enemy think you'll continue to move that way, and fire there (in vain, of course). Of course, move ahead normally occasionally to really mess with their heads!

2. Control points can be very beneficial to your team,and this is a prime weapon to capture them with. This might be obvious, but it works on more levels than you think. (Un)fortunately, this game suffers from lag at times. You may be standing at a control point for some time only to leave and capture it 10 seconds later. Use this to your advantage by cloaking, (with a full heat meter, of course) and moving in to the capture. Chances are, enemies passing by will see the control point changing colors and assume it's lag. For added effect, duck while capturing in case a smarter-than-average foe opens fire anyway.

3. As stated before, deception is key. If you're pursueing an enemy they may show they're aware of your presence by turning around and moving backwards, facing you. Do not confront them. Instead, go inside a building or behind cover and uncloak, shooting the ground to make your temp gauge go up. Eventually they'll either flee or move forward again, albeit cautiously. When they pass you, move in for the backstab. If you're on higher ground, fall down to their level and melee repeatedly or shoot at them, then turn invisible again.

4. As far as perks and grenades are concerned, supercharger is useful for moving faster while walking, as well as Improved melee, for obvious reasons. Some claim Capacitator is useful as well, although I can't vouch for that, as I haven't practiced with that much, myself. I recommend radiation grenades, with a strategy of their own....

5. I call this the "Pat on the back". Whenever an enemy is running toward your position, and you're cloaked, stick them point-blank and immediately melee afterwards. This is so sudden that an RD user might not have enough time to throw one down before they die, and an average player doesn't have enough time to suicide with a frag.

6. (Contributed by Cynral) For those who prefer flash grenades, a good escape strategy is to throw one down and either flee while they're blinded or take the time to attack while they're vulnerable.

(This is all I can think of for now. I may add more, but for now you can post.)
---
#3Hawke0Posted 11/11/2012 12:28:05 PM
Don't forget, Stealth malfunctions if you sprint or jump.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#4CarbonizerMikePosted 11/11/2012 12:28:36 PM
Well now, we can't have a weapon guide without a weapon-counter guide. Yin and Yang and all that stuff.

Mike's Patented AR-C Eclipse-Counter Guide:

The most effective way to counter an AR-C Eclipse is to simply blast the user while he's invisible, like so:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=66IPyPs2opU
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#5HungoverHero777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 12:33:40 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
Well now, we can't have a weapon guide without a weapon-counter guide. Yin and Yang and all that stuff.

The most effective way to counter an AR-C Eclipse is to simply blast the user while he's invisible, like so:

I'm curious as to how that worked, since he was invisible before the sound effect lead me to believe.
---
#6CynralKynathelPosted 11/11/2012 12:41:56 PM
Don't forget about the Flash and Dash. If you're in a bad position, throw a flash bang down and instantly charge your cloak (Preferably with a full heat meter). Use the time they're blinded to run away while invisible. This can help you get out of nearly any situation.

This can also work offensively. When sneaking up on someone, use your flash grenade to catch them off guard, then jump in with your secondary or go invis and take everyone out. This has worked for me once before and I was able to take out three people all in the same area.
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#7CynralKynathelPosted 11/11/2012 12:43:31 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
CarbonizerMike posted...

I'm curious as to how that worked, since he was invisible before the sound effect lead me to believe.

I'm thinking the same thing. But he could have been using Capacitor.
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#8B05S_BrennanPosted 11/11/2012 12:45:57 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...

Hive Cannon makes AR-C invisibility pointless.
---
(>^.^)> King of the Battle Ladder <(^.^<)
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan?feature=mhee
#9HungoverHero777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 12:46:49 PM
CynralKynathel posted...
Don't forget about the Flash and Dash. If you're in a bad position, throw a flash bang down and instantly charge your cloak (Preferably with a full heat meter). Use the time they're blinded to run away while invisible. This can help you get out of nearly any situation.

This can also work offensively. When sneaking up on someone, use your flash grenade to catch them off guard, then jump in with your secondary or go invis and take everyone out. This has worked for me once before and I was able to take out three people all in the same area.

Added.
---
#10Hawke0Posted 11/11/2012 12:48:25 PM(edited)
CynralKynathel posted...

Didn't you use that against me?
B05S_Brennan posted...
CarbonizerMike posted...

Hive Cannon makes AR-C invisibility pointless.

... that will come in handy.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"