So what lesson do you believe hvs has learned from the whole Tcon vs Con2 thing?

#11donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 5:00:54 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
donkeypunch1116 posted...
To be fair, in situations like this, we only get one side of the story: the Con2 players side.

If we could round up the insane number of lapsed tcon players, this topic would be much different. Indeed we would be majorly outnumbered.

Likely outnumbered with bias opinions.

Say that if you want, the fact of the matter is they aren't here to defend there opinions, so that's not really a fair statement.

They quit the franchise for a reason Yknow.
---
-
"MAJOR MEDICAL BOOOOOYYYY!!!!"
#12CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/12/2012 5:02:33 PM
To be fair, in situations like this, we only get one side of the story: the Con2 players side.

If we could round up the insane number of lapsed tcon players, this topic would be much different. Indeed we would be majorly outnumbered.

Nah, this is actually pretty fair.

Near all of use are graduates of Tcon.

If you get the "Tcon players" in here, all it will do is get a whole bunch of ignorance spewed, because hardly any of them really got to play Con2.

Also, if players who played Tcon, but not Con2 are allowed a word, Then players who played Con2 but not Tcon are also allowed theirs.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#13donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 5:09:25 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

If you get the "Tcon players" in here, all it will do is get a whole bunch of ignorance spewed, because hardly any of them really got to play Con2.

Also, if players who played Tcon, but not Con2 are allowed a word, Then players who played Con2 but not Tcon are also allowed theirs.

Dude, I played tcon with an absolutely huge community of players in BAP. They were really only a division of the tcon community, and they were still much larger then the con2 community even at its peak.

That said, they were all very much looking forward to con2, and they all played it. They hated it. A whole community of player unanimously hated it, and left the franchise for good.

How do you explain that?
---
-
#14xXAISPXxPosted 11/12/2012 5:12:03 PM
All I learned is...

SEGA NEEDS TO ADVERTISE!!!!!
---
An Invincible Sniper Professional (AISP)
TCon FC: 3954-8764-7672 Conduit 2 FC: 4083-8526-7529
#15CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/12/2012 5:12:04 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

Dude, I played tcon with an absolutely huge community of players in BAP. They were really only a division of the tcon community, and they were still much larger then the con2 community even at its peak.

That said, they were all very much looking forward to con2, and they all played it. They hated it. A whole community of player unanimously hated it, and left the franchise for good.

How do you explain that?

You also hated it...

Pretty darn sure.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#16donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 5:14:47 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

How do you explain that?

You also hated it...

Pretty darn sure.

I don't hate this game. I like both for different reasons, but I'm more of a fan of the first. I still kept playing afterall, and devoted a hundred days of my life to making polls for this game.

Trust me, I'm a fan lol
---
-
#17CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/12/2012 5:22:05 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

How do you explain that?

You also hated it...

Pretty darn sure.

I don't hate this game. I like both for different reasons, but I'm more of a fan of the first. I still kept playing afterall, and devoted a hundred days of my life to making polls for this game.

Trust me, I'm a fan lol

Well, you are NOW.

But near launch, I think the only difference between you and them is that you'd reached out to others outside of the BAP community in the run up to the launch more than they did. So you got involved with players who later ended up keeping an enjoying the game.
Also the fact that you're a crazy old man does make you a little more independent then your average community gamer.

How I explain BAP?
They were a pretty dang closed dependant community, who were pretty dang good at shutting out new ideas and new people.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#18donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 5:27:03 PM
:( I'm old
---
-
#19CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/12/2012 5:28:15 PM
:( I'm old

And you're a man.
---