So what lesson do you believe hvs has learned from the whole Tcon vs Con2 thing?

#21CynralKynathelPosted 11/12/2012 6:02:31 PM
donkeypunch1116 posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
:( I'm old

And you're a man.

Jurys still out on that one

Lolololololololol! I bet Female is too main stream for you. So the left half of your body is female and the right half is male? The you could be a Shemale :D
I admit, things would be a bit interesting...
I mean this in the least perverted way possible. (If that is possible)
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#22CarbonizerMikePosted 11/12/2012 6:05:04 PM
Dude, I played tcon with an absolutely huge community of players in BAP. They were really only a division of the tcon community, and they were still much larger then the con2 community even at its peak.

That said, they were all very much looking forward to con2, and they all played it. They hated it. A whole community of player unanimously hated it, and left the franchise for good.

How do you explain that?

It doesn't need to be explained because it's almost immaterial. You're talking about, what, 50 players? How large was this community? Even if it was 100 people, out of a pool of maybe 100,000 Conduit 2 players (I don't know the number, guessing here), it's not really indicative.

Conduit 2 had a dropoff from people not purchasing the game after they purchased the first one. The more relevant question is "Why did people not buy Conduit 2 despite buying the first one?"
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#23kilfrfunPosted 11/12/2012 6:06:49 PM
Now's my chance to be bias but there's kids on these boards so I better keep it clean.

Tcon had a way better campaign, the storyline was infinetly better, darker, and just overall a better plot.

The weapons felt better, the crosshair was better looking, there was 0 bloom, there were set power weapons, and map design was more fitting to the game.

The multiplayer was explosives on streets marathon 20 minutes of explosive fun, no kill limit just a time limit, and the players that glitched out of the map you could just chase down and punch to death.

The characters were better looking (primarily Trust suit and Scientist) and free for all was moving around the map not focused at one point the whole match.

The lighting was better it wasn't all lit up and bright like Con2, there were dark parts and lighted parts spread apart.

Everyone had the same advantages, everyone had the same guns it was just how you used them and when. Weapon fusion was annoying but also interesting.

So overall I believe TCon was way better because it was pure Conduit feeling and less CoD like and just more independent.

That is my bias opinion you're welcome...

Have a nice day :)
---
Battlefield, the only game that requires teamwork to get through a door.
#24donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 6:08:33 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
Dude, I played tcon with an absolutely huge community of players in BAP. They were really only a division of the tcon community, and they were still much larger then the con2 community even at its peak.

That said, they were all very much looking forward to con2, and they all played it. They hated it. A whole community of player unanimously hated it, and left the franchise for good.

How do you explain that?

It doesn't need to be explained because it's almost immaterial. You're talking about, what, 50 players? How large was this community? Even if it was 100 people, out of a pool of maybe 100,000 Conduit 2 players (I don't know the number, guessing here), it's not really indicative.

Conduit 2 had a dropoff from people not purchasing the game after they purchased the first one. The more relevant question is "Why did people not buy Conduit 2 despite buying the first one?"

Dude the tcon community was hella bigger. And the majority of these hardcore tcon fans did buy con2: and hated it.

You can't deny the stats
---
-
"MAJOR MEDICAL BOOOOOYYYY!!!!"
#25donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 6:10:40 PM
CynralKynathel posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

And you're a man.

Lolololololololol! I bet Female is too main stream for you. So the left half of your body is female and the right half is male? The you could be a Shemale :D
I admit, things would be a bit interesting...
I mean this in the least perverted way possible. (If that is possible)

I am shemale, hear me roar
---
-
"MAJOR MEDICAL BOOOOOYYYY!!!!"
#26CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/12/2012 6:14:54 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

And you're a man.

So glad I'm not eligible for duty right now.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#27_SignalPosted 11/12/2012 6:15:26 PM
The repeated release delays of C2 didn't help it's initial sales. After all, I think originally it was supposed to come out around November and then February and then, I don't even know when it finally came out...
---
Conduit2FC(36): 0518 8427 1877
#28CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/12/2012 6:18:04 PM
_Signal posted...
The repeated release delays of C2 didn't help it's initial sales. After all, I think originally it was supposed to come out around November and then February and then, I don't even know when it finally came out...

It finally came out like the weekend that Goldeneye and COD did...

Conspiracy!
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#29_SignalPosted 11/12/2012 6:30:01 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
_Signal posted...

It finally came out like the weekend that Goldeneye and COD did...

Conspiracy!

LOL, well that was a mistake.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 0518 8427 1877
#30CarbonizerMikePosted 11/12/2012 6:51:22 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...

How do you explain that?

Dude the tcon community was hella bigger. And the majority of these hardcore tcon fans did buy con2: and hated it.

You can't deny the stats

We don't have any stats Punch. We don't know what Conduit 2 sold.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg