So what lesson do you believe hvs has learned from the whole Tcon vs Con2 thing?

#31Hawke0Posted 11/12/2012 6:32:34 PM
CynralKynathel posted...
CarbonizerMike posted...
Hawke0 posted...
I think The Conduit had no competition and was hyped to the sky. /thread

Indeed. Punch, remember, The Conduit was hyped way more than it should have been (even magazines acknowledged this), and people bought it based upon that hype and a lack of competition at the time.

There were plenty of people who wouldn't buy Conduit 2 because they felt burned the first game and didn't enjoy the glitches, hackers, etc. You can still see these people posting on articles and saying "Who cares about Conduit 3? The Conduit sucked and was a waste of money."

The Conduit did some things right, but it some very wrong (like an imbalanced USP45, bunny hopping, grenade spamming, and camping near ammo caches).

I do like some things about the first game. Hell, I'd LOVE to have the old Deatomizer back. In fact, if HVS announces a new Conduit game, they should absolutely bring it back. But go back to the first game's style? Hell no. No one should be allowed to vote on the weapon set I get to use, and I shouldn't vote on other people's sets. Also, the jump height is much better in this game, and the spring feature is nice.

The veterans who quit shortly after Conduit 2 came out are without a doubt a minority of the 350,000 people who purchased the original game, then the fraction of that who purchased the second one. How many can you even account for? 50? That's hardly anything. CoD sees bigger drop-offs in between games.

This this this X1000000000.

I feel that everyone hated the first one because this one took a little more skill. And that they couldn't run around with a pistol and kill everyone. They were also mad that glitches online were less frequent. Have you noticed that there are very few if any hackers in the 2nd game? You know why? Because many of the people who played TCon were hackers/glitchers who exploited any way they could to get a high kill streak. True some people just didn't like the changes, and some were angry with other imbalanced weapons like DB Scar and fully upgraded PR, but I don't think it would be that many people.

The PR isn't OP.
B05S_Brennan posted...
The same thing is happening with Halo 4.

Now that you can kill a Ghost driver without a Rocket Launcher/Plasma Pistol:

"Vehicles are useless in this game!"

^No, they just take skill now.

"DMR is needs a nerf because I can't kill a DMR user with my BR at long range"

^Move to mid-range

Now that you can start with a Boltshot (pistol-shotgun) that can OHKO people only at close range:

"Boltshot is OP because it has OHKO potential and OHKO potential = power weapon and power weapon = something you shouldn't be able to start with"

^Stop trying to melee me to death, and you won't get OHKO'd.

"Ordinance drops suck and are unbalanced".

^Yet less people are running around with power weapons in Halo 4.

Point: Some fanbases just don't like change, whether it's good or not.

This.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#32Hawke0Posted 11/12/2012 6:35:00 PM
donkeypunch1116 posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
To be fair, in situations like this, we only get one side of the story: the Con2 players side.

If we could round up the insane number of lapsed tcon players, this topic would be much different. Indeed we would be majorly outnumbered.

Nah, this is actually pretty fair.

Near all of use are graduates of Tcon.

If you get the "Tcon players" in here, all it will do is get a whole bunch of ignorance spewed, because hardly any of them really got to play Con2.

Also, if players who played Tcon, but not Con2 are allowed a word, Then players who played Con2 but not Tcon are also allowed theirs.

Dude, I played tcon with an absolutely huge community of players in BAP. They were really only a division of the tcon community, and they were still much larger then the con2 community even at its peak.

That said, they were all very much looking forward to con2, and they all played it. They hated it. A whole community of player unanimously hated it, and left the franchise for good.

How do you explain that?

Didn't they migrate to Goldeneye or Call of Duty?
If so, they have failed.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#33xXAISPXxPosted 11/12/2012 6:44:12 PM
I just typed a long a long entry on this topic to find the stinking wifi malfunctioning. Screw THAT
---
An Invincible Sniper Professional (AISP)
TCon FC: 3954-8764-7672 Conduit 2 FC: 4083-8526-7529
#34donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 6:52:54 PM
Wrestlings on, be back to throw some lighter fluid on the flames later lol
---
-
"MAJOR MEDICAL BOOOOOYYYY!!!!"
#35xXAISPXxPosted 11/12/2012 6:57:44 PM
Got Milk?
---
#36CarbonizerMikePosted 11/12/2012 7:05:30 PM
Wrestlings on, be back to throw some lighter fluid on the flames later lol

I have a better idea.

Instead of bickering endlessly about games we can't control, who wants to simply play The Conduit tonight at 8:30 PST (an hour and a half from now)? I can get Keet to show.

This can be a warm-up for the Saturday match. I'll be in Worldwide Free for All. I'll add the friend codes everyone posted. Just look for me online.

We can then bicker about everything afterward.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo
Status: Jaye killed me - http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5632/jayemurder.jpg
#37CynralKynathelPosted 11/12/2012 7:07:34 PM
Hawke0 posted...
CynralKynathel posted...
CarbonizerMike posted...
Hawke0 posted...
I think The Conduit had no competition and was hyped to the sky. /thread

Indeed. Punch, remember, The Conduit was hyped way more than it should have been (even magazines acknowledged this), and people bought it based upon that hype and a lack of competition at the time.

There were plenty of people who wouldn't buy Conduit 2 because they felt burned the first game and didn't enjoy the glitches, hackers, etc. You can still see these people posting on articles and saying "Who cares about Conduit 3? The Conduit sucked and was a waste of money."

The Conduit did some things right, but it some very wrong (like an imbalanced USP45, bunny hopping, grenade spamming, and camping near ammo caches).

I do like some things about the first game. Hell, I'd LOVE to have the old Deatomizer back. In fact, if HVS announces a new Conduit game, they should absolutely bring it back. But go back to the first game's style? Hell no. No one should be allowed to vote on the weapon set I get to use, and I shouldn't vote on other people's sets. Also, the jump height is much better in this game, and the spring feature is nice.

The veterans who quit shortly after Conduit 2 came out are without a doubt a minority of the 350,000 people who purchased the original game, then the fraction of that who purchased the second one. How many can you even account for? 50? That's hardly anything. CoD sees bigger drop-offs in between games.

This this this X1000000000.

I feel that everyone hated the first one because this one took a little more skill. And that they couldn't run around with a pistol and kill everyone. They were also mad that glitches online were less frequent. Have you noticed that there are very few if any hackers in the 2nd game? You know why? Because many of the people who played TCon were hackers/glitchers who exploited any way they could to get a high kill streak. True some people just didn't like the changes, and some were angry with other imbalanced weapons like DB Scar and fully upgraded PR, but I don't think it would be that many people.

The PR isn't OP.

I never said that the PR was OP. I said it was imbalanced. A weapon that is a OHKO that can go through walls up to 10-15 meters and nobody will even know it? That's extremely imbalanced. Especially since stealth is the only way to counter it. Nobody likes be killed randomly when your minding your own business.

A basic scenario:
"Hey, let's see what I can-"
BAM!
*he is dead* :(
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg
#38Hawke0Posted 11/12/2012 7:10:37 PM
Still not imbalanced. Also, Double Armor.
the SMAW is imbalanced while not OP. Which is why I wanted it turned into the Shriekers secondary fire but faster, less accurate, smaller clip, and more power.
---
#39xXAISPXxPosted 11/12/2012 7:13:29 PM
3 things

No PR Tuning lets you know you are being watched.

Double armor helps a lot.

Stealth prevents wall penetration.
---
#40CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/12/2012 7:15:55 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Still not imbalanced. Also, Double Armor.
the SMAW is imbalanced while not OP. Which is why I wanted it turned into the Shriekers secondary fire but faster, less accurate, smaller clip, and more power.

It in imbalanced though...
Very easily OP

Full PR perks are arguably broken, thus why tuning or spec are frequently banned from competitive play.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656