So what lesson do you believe hvs has learned from the whole Tcon vs Con2 thing?

#61donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 12:37:49 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
Fun Fact....and while its strictly my opinion that these games are good....TCON launched six months past wii world at war and six months before Modern Warfare Reflex, so saying there werent other good shooters is hearsay on your part, Hawkeo.

C2 mimiced that launch between CoD's coming 6 months after Blops (and GE) and 6months before MW3 (I think)

I'd even argue TCON changed formula due to feedback from wii fans who played those other shooters, and were involved in TCONs forums asking for perks, run buttons, a sniper rifle etc.

I think what hurt C2 sales the most was the change in formula. It, to an extent, lost what made it unique and alienated the fanbase that didnt move on and enjoyed competitive, arena like shooters/ gaming (such as the GameBattles site where it was represented.)

Combine Segas lack of advertisement and Nin's less than stellar support for C2 (vs. TCON) with 2 'oppositional' market demographics- Those who were let down by TCON being glitchy, hacked, and not like all the 'newer' shooters- and thus could care less about it; and those that loved TCON,stuck by it, and hated the changes...who also more than made up for Segas lack of advertisement with constant online ridicule of the game, and its no wonder it flopped hard.

Rare is the camp that likes both games. I think we as a forum make up that demographic well :)

Get em Moss!
---
-
"MAJOR MEDICAL BOOOOOYYYY!!!!"
#62donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 12:46:43 PM
To add, I know this game has its fans and all (me included), but to completely discount the fact that the fanbase for this franchise dropped like a rock when Con2 came around is just absurd.

We can rattle off all the reasons we want, but if you actually talk to these lapsed players, they will tell you exactly why they left: no because of competition, not because of lack of advertising, no even because of the glitchy and hackable nature of the first game.

They left in droves because they simply thought the game was a poor sequel. It's not what they wanted or even asked for.

If you serve me a great hamburger, only for me to go back later and to find out that you're only serving tacos now, I may not be coming back to ya. Just sayin.

For the record, yes, I personally liked the taco too. But a lot of people didn't.
---
-
#63CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/13/2012 1:40:00 PM
donkeypunch1116 posted...
To add, I know this game has its fans and all (me included), but to completely discount the fact that the fanbase for this franchise dropped like a rock when Con2 came around is just absurd.

We can rattle off all the reasons we want, but if you actually talk to these lapsed players, they will tell you exactly why they left: no because of competition, not because of lack of advertising, no even because of the glitchy and hackable nature of the first game.

They left in droves because they simply thought the game was a poor sequel. It's not what they wanted or even asked for.

If you serve me a great hamburger, only for me to go back later and to find out that you're only serving tacos now, I may not be coming back to ya. Just sayin.

For the record, yes, I personally liked the taco too. But a lot of people didn't.

The other major thing I think is...

People didn't really want a sequel after they played the first one. Even though they enjoyed it. Thats the story for basically the entire community I used to play with.

And it was a larger community than BAP.

And you also cannot ignore just the difference in the number of games actually produced. From the comments of HVS BOB, practically all the copies that went out were sold relatively quickly.
Con2 was physically not able to support a community any larger than it had.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#64donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 1:42:09 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

People didn't really want a sequel after they played the first one. Even though they enjoyed it. Thats the story for basically the entire community I used to play with.

And you also cannot ignore just the difference in the number of games actually produced. From the comments of HVS BOB, practically all the copies that went out were sold relatively quickly.

Nothing was bigger than BAP!!! Nothing!!!
---
-
#65old_man_mossyPosted 11/13/2012 1:55:46 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

when it comes to multiplayer I'd argue people do want similar things...if not necessarily identical.

Hence the popularity of Map Packs and CoD. People gravitate toward the familiar most of the time. Take for instance BTGB and its lockon popularity Lording over Hardcore when it comes to C2.

There are exceptions to the rule; I'm one, as I think most of this board is.

Innovation is slighly different and more welcomed than a radical change in formula most of the time, by most of the consumers- least in my opinion, anyway.
---
"Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights and the most idispensible of duties" - Marquis de La Fayette
#66Hawke0Posted 11/13/2012 6:13:53 PM(edited)
W@Wii was horrible, as opposed to Reflex being pretty good.
also, call me Hawke.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#67xXAISPXxPosted 11/13/2012 6:40:49 PM
Ok, what the hell are we talking about???????
---
An Invincible Sniper Professional (AISP)
TCon FC: 3954-8764-7672 Conduit 2 FC: 4083-8526-7529
#68donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 7:05:18 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
Ok, what the hell are we talking about???????

girl stuff
---
-
#69donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 7:35:21 PM
Oh and here is the proof that will prove all you Con2ers wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QBpzQ5ilNM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
---
-
#70CynralKynathelPosted 11/13/2012 9:19:30 PM
Oh and here is the proof that will prove all you Con2ers wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QBpzQ5ilNM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Punch wins all arguements. No arguement about it.
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. Free-Lancer clan FTW! Too bad you can't join.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23206541.jpg